Maxnet Hi Speed Internet(promotion)

R123

Just received a letter from Maxnet offering a "Hi Speed Internet" , which seems to be from the chart given in the letter, a doubling of ones' present connection speed ; unfortunately the letter from Maxnet is only in Thai and no English translation; and same goes for their web site.

Rather than phone them (and waste all day :o ), does anyone know about this, and the details, and is it worth going for ?

Thank you in advance.

Edited by R123

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The object of the promotion is obviously to try to keep customers from changing provider (there's a word for that but it fails my memory atm) so of course they will promote it.

I asked about it in my local TT&T office last I was paying my bill and they told me it would happen automatically.

The object of the promotion is obviously to try to keep customers from changing provider (there's a word for that but it fails my memory atm) so of course they will promote it.

I asked about it in my local TT&T office last I was paying my bill and they told me it would happen automatically.

Have been with them for almost three years.... Do I need to ask them about this promo??? Is it if you pre-pay for the Year??? What does it take to go from my current 512/256 to 1mb other than pay more money???

Thanks,

Pianoman

You don't need to ask them and it's not only for yearly prepaid. You should get it automatically after you've been with them for a year. You can check the speed in your router (modem) setup. Having said that, they've only been around for little over a year so I don't understand how you can have been with them for nearly 3 .... are you sure it's Maxnet you're talking about?

Who can translate this PROMOTION:

http://www.maxnet.co.th/promotion_inside.php?promtid=58

Promotion ใหม่ล่าสุด Maxnet 1 Mbps.

ไฮสปีด อินเตอร์เน็ต มาตรฐานใหม่ !!! ทั่วไทย กับ Maxnet 1Mbps.

สุดยอดความเร็วใหม่ทั่วไทย จาก Maxnet Hi speed Internet ด้วยความเร็วมาตรฐานที่เร็วถึง 1 Mbps.*** ไวกว่าใคร แต่จ่ายในราคาเพียง 590บาท/เดือน นำคุณเข้าสู่โลกออนไลน์ ไร้พรมแดน ไม่ว่าจะเป็นดูหนัง ฟังเพลง เล่นเกมส์ ดู VDO ผ่านอินเตอร์เน็ท เป็นเรื่องง่ายๆ เมื่อคุณใช้ Maxnet Hi Speed Internet.

ตารางอัตราค่าบริการรายเดือน

Maxnet Hi speed Internet นำคุณเข้าสู่โลกออนไลน์ได้อย่างไร้ขีดจำกัด แค่เพียงคุณมีเบอร์โทรศัทพ์บ้านของ TT&T ก็สามารถที่จะท่องโลกใบนี้ได้อย่างสนุก เพียงปลายนิ้วสัมผัส แถมยังได้สิทธิ์ยืมใช้ ADSL Router ฟรีสำหรับทุก Package

Maxnet 1Mbps. Hi Speed Internet Package

post-30452-1188458905_thumb.jpg

*** ทั้งนี้ขึ้นอยู่กับความสามารถในการให้บริการของข่ายสาย

แรงสะใจ กับ Maxnet 1Mbps. ถึง 31 ธันวาคม 2550

ข้อเสนอสุดพิเศษขนาดนี้ แล้วจะยังใช้งาน Internet แบบเดิมๆ อยู่ทำไม เปลี่ยนมาใช้ Maxnet Hi Speed Internet Package ดีว่าหรือจะทดลองใช้งาน Maxnet 299 จ่ายราคาเดียว เพียง 299 บาทต่อเดือน ใช้ Hi Speed internet ความเร็วสูงสุดถึง 1 Mbps ได้ถึง 30 ชั่วโมงเต็ม ใช้งานได้ง่ายๆ เพียงมีเบอร์โทรศัพท์ของ TT&T สามารถใช้งานได้ทันที 30 ชั่วโมงต่อเดือน

Maxnet Hi Speed Internet package; Maxnet 299.(ใช้งานได้สูงสุดถึง 30 ชั่วโมง)

ข้อควรรู้

1. Hi Speed Internet เป็นบริการแบบแชร์สปีด ความเร็วที่ได้ขึ้นอยู่กับจำนวนผู้ใช้บริการในขณะนั้น

2. ในช่วงเวลา18.00-24.00น. เป็นช่วงเวลาที่เครือข่ายอินเตอร์เน็ทหนาแน่น การดาวน์โหลดข้อมูลขนาดใหญ่

และ ทั้งจากแหล่งข้อมูลจากต่างประเทศ จะทำให้ความเร็วอินเตอร์เน็ทลดลง

3. บริการ Hi Speed internet ไม่รองรับระบบปฏิบัติการ Linux และ Windows 2003.

Edited by putdk

Who is the provider? I am been informed that after waiting nearly 2 years that phones will be available in our village, howevre TOT want near;y 10,000 baht for new line plus wireless router plus monthly broadband charge plus I have to buy a phone! I have not approached TT&T yet as last year they said they were waiting for TOT to put new lines in so they could not provide a service. I am currently on edge via gprs and not sure if the extra expense is worth it as I very rarely download anything and dont even use my curren tpackage of 100 hours a month.

Any advice on the way forward would be appreciated.

อัตราความเร็ว Hi Speed Internet

เดิม( Normal)/ Kbps.

Double Speed / Kbps.

ใหม่(Special)/ Kbps.

256/128

512/256

1024/512

512/256

1024/512

1536/512

1024/512

2048/512

2560/512

2048/512

4096/512

4096/512

Well I don't wish to complicate matters.

But I sent an e-mail to maxnet and they replied in English and said "within" 30 September I would get "up speed " free.

(this I understand to mean is an upgrade from my present speed)

I currently have 512/256 obtained last December under a yearly contract and I pay monthly.

The above chart was included in what they emailed me.

So will I get the double or the special?

The letter is unclear except to tell me I am "privileged."

(better than being told I am retard, eh?!)

:o

Edited by R123

อัตราความเร็ว Hi Speed Internet

เดิม( Normal)/ Kbps.

Double Speed / Kbps.

ใหม่(Special)/ Kbps.

256/128

512/256

1024/512

512/256

1024/512

1536/512

1024/512

2048/512

2560/512

2048/512

4096/512

4096/512

Well I don't wish to complicate matters.

But I sent an e-mail to maxnet and they replied in English and said "within" 30 September I would get "up speed " free.

(this I understand to mean is an upgrade from my present speed)

I currently have 512/256 obtained last December under a yearly contract and I pay monthly.

The above chart was included in what they emailed me.

So will I get the double or the special?

The letter is unclear except to tell me I am "privileged."

(better than being told I am retard, eh?!)

:o

I got a letter today to say that I will be upgraded as from 30 Sept.

Have been with them for 3 months

Who is the provider? I am been informed that after waiting nearly 2 years that phones will be available in our village, howevre TOT want near;y 10,000 baht for new line plus wireless router plus monthly broadband charge plus I have to buy a phone! I have not approached TT&T yet as last year they said they were waiting for TOT to put new lines in so they could not provide a service. I am currently on edge via gprs and not sure if the extra expense is worth it as I very rarely download anything and dont even use my curren tpackage of 100 hours a month.

Maxnet is TT&T's ISP.

Got that letter as well but not sure which speed I am going to get. Currently I am on 1024/512, so will I get 2048/512 or even 2560/512?

Anyway, always nice to get something extra for free and after almost one year subscription I am quite happy with Maxnet!

TT&T Chiangmai

I have the the 256/512 deal and got the letter yesterday after I paid for the year saying that I would get the double speed internet on the 30 Sept - letter in Thai.

When I paid for the year I had to pay 1 month normal fee and the 12 months in advance and got 2 months free and the 15% discount. I have had it for a year now.

I went to pay the 12 months last month and the nice lady at the Airport Plaza TT&T office told me to wait the extra month to get the extra deal. Always have had good service from that office.

Always nice to get a freebie.

Answer to the previous thread it is double your existing e.g. I will receive 512/1024. It is shown in the letter.

Edited by newcomer01

Maxnet is TT&T's ISP.

Always confusing here. I have a TT&T line but by my bills come from TOT and I pay my phone bill to TOT. I only found out when I went to connect to broadband. You will have to check with TT&T to get a clearer picture.

As far as the 10000 baht it is hard to figure out if it is OK as it doesn't actually show the price of the line installaion and what speed internet service you will receive.

Edited by newcomer01

Got that letter as well but not sure which speed I am going to get. Currently I am on 1024/512, so will I get 2048/512 or even 2560/512?

Anyway, always nice to get something extra for free and after almost one year subscription I am quite happy with Maxnet!

A couple of months ago the Maxnet invoice had a blurb about free doubling of speed after having been a customer for one year. Now it seems they double everybody's speed end-September. The small extra seems now to be the "one year customer bonus". In other words, you'll get 2048 end-September, 2560 when you've been with Maxnet for a year.

Always confusing here. I have a TT&T line but by my bills come from TOT and I pay my phone bill to TOT. I only found out when I went to connect to broadband. You will have to check with TT&T to get a clearer picture.

As far as the 10000 baht it is hard to figure out if it is OK as it doesn't actually show the price of the line installaion and what speed internet service you will receive.

Not really; normally you know where you went to order the line. TOT owns all the wires. TT&T kinda "rent" some capacity from TOT. So whats the difference you ask -- the difference is billing (price) and support. They also have different switches and internet providers. You can pay your TOT phone bill to TT&T and vice versa, but Maxnet can only be paid to TT&T and goldcyber (or whatever TOT call their ISP) can only be paid to TOT.

Edited by Phil Conners

Well,... where exactly cvan you find stores of MAXNET???? Is their service better than TRUE...????

Can anyone post a website about Maxnet please, that made me curious...

I live in Nonthaburi BTW....

Maxnet is TT&T's broadband service. Just go to any TT&T office. As far as True goes I have never used them. I have been happy the majority of the time with Maxnet, drops off occasionly, but then other people have had major problems with them.

As most things in Thailand it is the luck of the draw.

www.tttbroadband.com

Edited by newcomer01

Maxnet is TT&T's broadband service. Just go to any TT&T office. As far as True goes I have never used them. I have been happy the majority of the time with Maxnet, drops off occasionly, but then other people have had major problems with them.

As most things in Thailand it is the luck of the draw.

www.tttbroadband.com

How much is 1M permonth??

It used to be 1070 baht/month, but with the new promotions as per http://www.maxnet.co.th/promotion_inside.php?promtid=58 it should now be 590 baht/month.

I am about to subscibe with maxnet (TT&T) next week, when a new promotion starts.

590 Baht a month, 1024kbps, free installation and modem, no phone line needed, you have to live 1 year in the same place though, if not, you have to pay for the modem & installation (about 2600B I think).

This promotion is much better than last months. A friend of mine is paying 1000B for this speed, but had the first 2 months for free. In the long run I much cheaper off....

M

It used to be 1070 baht/month, but with the new promotions as per http://www.maxnet.co.th/promotion_inside.php?promtid=58 it should now be 590 baht/month.

I am about to subscibe with maxnet (TT&T) next week, when a new promotion starts.

590 Baht a month, 1024kbps, free installation and modem, no phone line needed, you have to live 1 year in the same place though, if not, you have to pay for the modem & installation (about 2600B I think).

This promotion is much better than last months. A friend of mine is paying 1000B for this speed, but had the first 2 months for free. In the long run I much cheaper off....

M

I think you are wrong

Just ran a speedtest and download speed is doubled already, havent been with Maxnet for a year nor did I get any information about this upgrade. So are these speeds here to stay for me already now or what?

Hm, I kinda doubt that; Try going to your routers status page and see what that says. I'm still on 1024/512 here ...

Just ran a speedtest and download speed is doubled already, havent been with Maxnet for a year nor did I get any information about this upgrade. So are these speeds here to stay for me already now or what?

Hm, I kinda doubt that; Try going to your routers status page and see what that says. I'm still on 1024/512 here ...

Downloaded some 100 MB file and speed peaked at 200 kb/s thats why i ran it, so no doubt speed is here. Question is if its here to stay or do i need to pay them a visit, i guess time will tell. I hope i dont need to go and do some paperwork as i hate any lkind of paperwork.