Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ASEAN NOW

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Heaven or Hell, Which Will Be Your Final Destination?

Featured Replies

Are Heaven or Hell our only choices? IMO, if you’re making up fantasies like these, you could at least give us more choices... 😄

  • Replies 110
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • spidermike007
    spidermike007

    I don't believe in the traditional religious concept or heaven or hell. What I do believe is that we create heaven and hell right here on earth, on a daily basis, with our own lives, our attitudes, ou

  • spidermike007
    spidermike007

    As a student of cosmology I definitely believe that there are millions of advanced civilizations in the universe far more advanced than ours. However due to the distance I seriously doubt that aliens

  • khaosokman
    khaosokman

    Most people don't think about it. They just want to die without pain.

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, jvs said:

You talk about evidence but you fail to show any!

And why not? Because there is no evidence for your made up stories.

Some people pretend to know it all but still believe in fairy tales.

Where have I shown evidence? I've said that we believe there is a creator as the universe couldn't have come from anything besides a creation with a plan. No scientist or anyone else has proven otherwise.

I didn't make up any stories. This has been know for thousands of years. No one knows it all. I've been schooled on Christianity, along with studying other religions and ideas all my life. I question everything and trust little until proven, but this subject is still more about faith. That I believe in one God is my belief, along with most others worldwide.

Thd GG's have now become KK's?

Neither exist. When growing out of the belief in Santa Claus and the tooth fairy, some people cling to the other fairy tale taught to children. My best guess is that we return to our state before birth if you can remember that!

Not concered about my final destination, as I'm already here, but walking, presently alive, experiencing it.

Real question should be, are you in heaven or hell now ? Can't imagine life being any better after I crap out. YMMV, in which case, keep prayer that there is an afterlife, maybe, since it's 50/50 chance of 😲

Be careful what you wish for coffee1

Edited by KhunLA

23 hours ago, khaosokman said:

Most people don't think about it. They just want to die without pain.

I know for sure where I'm gonna end up when I die and that's in a little wooden box on the mantlepiece piece somewhere or up in the attic.

Who cares where they end up.

My body will be burnt to a crisp and no longer required.

As for my soul, if it keeps my memory, no problems as Dementia or Alcohol will have wiped out anything worth keeping

26 minutes ago, Grumpy one said:

Who cares where they end up.

My body will be burnt to a crisp and no longer required.

As for my soul, if it keeps my memory, no problems as Dementia or Alcohol will have wiped out anything worth keeping

Around 5 billion people do. Believers believe we will be given another, perfect body that doesn't fail, in a place without any problems, and all your physical problems will be gone.

I’m already in heaven, when I die in fact go to hell 😁

Quit worrying.

Just drop us a line to let us know once the boatman has ferried you across the Lethe.

On 9/21/2026 at 3:50 AM, spidermike007 said:

I don't believe in the traditional religious concept or heaven or hell. What I do believe is that we create heaven and hell right here on earth, on a daily basis, with our own lives, our attitudes, our perspective, and the way we live.

I agree entirely- although whilst alive I did meet my now ex-wife but that is another story!

44 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

Around 5 billion people do. Believers believe we will be given another, perfect body that doesn't fail, in a place without any problems, and all your physical problems will be gone.

They hope, although hypocrites that most of them are, they better hope, pray, there isn't a heaven & hell.

Pretty sure, going to confessions, saying a few hail mary's, making merit, or leaving a few coins in the collection basket every Sunday for a clean slate, won't give them absolution from their sins.

Edited by KhunLA

3 hours ago, Brettoj said:

Neither exist.

It exists on Earth.

Some people are living in mansions.

Some people are living in Gaza being bombed to death.

If you don't want to refer to Gaza as "Hell", feel free to tell me what you would call it.

So I suppose you could argue there is "nothing" after you die.

But if you stretch your imagination just a bit, it's perfectly plausible that there are other "realms" where similar dynamics exist to what is found on Earth, which is sharp contrasts where people are living privileged lives of wealth and security, while others are suffering.

Just maybe the Bible version of heaven and hell is mostly bs ... but that doesn't mean there's "nothing" either.

Thank you for your attention to this matter.

Edited by save the frogs

2 hours ago, ericbj said:

Quit worrying.

Just drop us a line to let us know once the boatman has ferried you across the Lethe.

What is The Lethe?

I know The River Styx because I was a big Styx fan.

But I don't know The Lethe.


AI Overview

The River Styx isa mythological river in Greek mythology that forms the boundary between the living world and the Underworld (Hades). 

2 hours ago, KhunLA said:

Pretty sure, going to confessions, saying a few hail mary's, making merit, or leaving a few coins in the collection basket every Sunday for a clean slate, won't give them absolution from their sins.

It did not work like that at all in ancient Egypt.

Egyptian mythology had a scary looking dude named Anubis.

From AI:

Egyptians viewed Anubis as a kind protector and guide who watched over cemeteries and led souls safely into the underworld. [1, 2]

Anubis managed the the Weighing of the Heart ceremony. [1]

He placed a person's heart on one side of the scale and the white feather of truth on the other. [1]

If the heart was lighter than the feather, the soul entered paradise. If it was heavy, a monster named Ammit devoured it.

image.png

I have a simple desire: To be reunited with my dogs and cats. Coming across deceased family members might prove embarrassing. I really don't want to be cross examined as to why I did or did not do something. I'd be content enough to be with the furry friends of my childhood. They really were quite wonderful.

6 hours ago, cdemundo said:

reminds me of the repeatedly used Three Stooges gag:

"Are you married or happy?"


Stories they told the white boomers to minimise the birth rates of whites 👍🏾

Now all lionely and on pills and cats (the women) and paying for greedy foreign poon (the men)

Edited by Tourist2

1 hour ago, save the frogs said:

It did not work like that at all in ancient Egypt.

Egyptian mythology had a scary looking dude named Anubis.

From AI:

Egyptians viewed Anubis as a kind protector and guide who watched over cemeteries and led souls safely into the underworld. [1, 2]

Anubis managed the the Weighing of the Heart ceremony. [1]

He placed a person's heart on one side of the scale and the white feather of truth on the other. [1]

If the heart was lighter than the feather, the soul entered paradise. If it was heavy, a monster named Ammit devoured it.

image.png

Our real his story was hidden from us.

The occult knowledge the Egyprians got was passed onto the Greeks and Romans.

Mess with that <deleted> at your etenal peril.


15 minutes ago, Tourist2 said:


Stories they told the white boomers to minimise the birth rates of whites 👍🏾

Now all lionely and on pills and cats (the women) and paying for greedy foreign poon (the men)

Sorry, the Three Stooges were not engaging in social engineering.

You might want to see a physician, you exhibit the symptoms of someone with the pathological condition of having a large arthropod lodged in your posterior.

Although I am not a physician, the nature and tenor of your response to a post about the Three Stooges is indicative of such a condition.

3 minutes ago, cdemundo said:

Sorry, the Three Stooges were not engaging in social engineering.

You might want to see a physician, you exhibit the symptoms of someone with the pathological condition of having a large arthropod lodged in your posterior.

Although I am not a physician, the nature and tenor of your response to a post about the Three Stooges is indicative of such a condition.


Sorry I touched a nerve.
I wasnt lying though - dhe's only with you for your money 👴🏾

22 minutes ago, Tourist2 said:

Mess with that <deleted> at your etenal peril.

I'm not "messing" with anything.

The main point I was trying to make was that the ancient Egyptian belief system appears to be very different than what the Bible is saying.

It did not seem to matter if you believed in God.

But you were judged as a person in their mythology.

<>

Edited by save the frogs

On 9/21/2026 at 9:02 AM, Kyoto Kyle said:

I honestly don’t understand why people spend so much of their lives worrying about whether they’re going to heaven or hell.

Well, I can give you one concrete example.

Let's say someone breaks into your house. Do you keep a shotgun in your house? Would you kill someone who breaks into your home?

Based on my belief system, I would rather the person who breaks in murders me than me murdering him over a few possessions.

People are obsessed with death, and how horrible death is. But very few people give much thought to .... what happens if you actually kill someone?

In this case, I'd rather be the one getting killed. I don't want murder on my hands.

But I am willing to wager most people would prioritize saving their own life.

I am more afraid of having to deal with murder on my hands than I am of death.

Edited by save the frogs

17 minutes ago, Tourist2 said:


Sorry I touched a nerve.
I wasnt lying though - dhe's only with you for your money 👴🏾

You're getting out of line attacking people's private life with nonsense.

The 3 Stooges were trying to be funny. I hope you didn't make major life decisions based on a 3 Stooges gag.

11 minutes ago, save the frogs said:

I'm not "messing" with anything.

The main point I was trying to make was that the ancient Egyptian belief system appears to be very different than what the Bible is saying.

It did not seem to matter if you believed in God.

But you were judged as a person in their mythology.


The Egyptians were passed the occult knowledge down from the evil one.

The Egyptians played with fire and now their country is a <deleted> hole.

Live and learn.


Edited by Tourist2

On 9/21/2026 at 12:02 PM, Kyoto Kyle said:

I honestly don’t understand why people spend so much of their lives worrying about whether they’re going to heaven or hell. How do we actually know either one exists? Because an ancient book says so? Written by people who were alive thousands of years ago and had no more ability to verify what happens after death than we do today?

Somehow we’re supposed to accept that somebody who was alive, just like us when they wrote the book, figured out what happens after you die and then shared it whey the rest of humanity.

And then we’re all supposed to spend our lives worrying about whether we’re following those rules correctly? But then there is the problem that most religions don’t even agree on what those rules are. One religion says heaven and hell. Another has a completely different idea about the afterlife. Another says you’re reincarnated. So which one gets it right? If there’s really an eternal destination waiting for all of us, you’d think somebody could produce one clear set of instructions on how to get there which everybody can then agree on.

Honestly, the whole thing seems merely like a way to control people. Think about the world thousands of years ago. No police, no courts, no modern surveillance, no way of keeping track of what people were doing all the time. So how do you convince people to behave themselves? Tell them there’s an invisible being watching everything they do, promise them eternal happiness if they behave, and threaten them with eternal torture if they don’t. Perfect!

Advertisement

You don’t even have to catch them doing anything wrong. They’ll police themselves because they’re afraid of what happens after they die. So pretending that fear and control played no role in conjuring any of this seems pretty naive.

And what about animals? Does my dog go to heaven? Does my cat go to hell? What about a chimpanzee? Do animals have souls? If they don’t, why are humans so special? If they do, does that mean every animal has its own version of the afterlife? And are animals somehow being judged on whether they lived a morally acceptable life? Obviously they’re not sitting around worrying about any of this. They eat, sleep, survive and eventually die. Humans are the ones who invented elaborate explanations about what happens afterward and then spent thousands of years arguing over whose explanation is correct.

Maybe heaven exists. Maybe hell exists. Maybe something completely different happens when we die. I don’t know, and neither does anyone else. That’s really the part that gets me. Saying “I don’t know what happens after death” seems perfectly reasonable. Saying “I know exactly what happens after death because an ancient book tells me” is a completely different approach. You can believe it. That’s your choice. But belief and knowledge aren’t the same thing.

Maybe there are both good and bad places we might get sent to in the afterlife. Who knows. But if this whole thing was invented by humans, you’ve got to admit it’s one "hell" of an idea. Give people an invisible reward for being good, an invisible punishment for being bad, convince them that an invisible authority created the rules, and thousands of years later they’re still terrified about where they’re going when they die. If that was the plan, whoever came up with it certainly understood human psychology. Well done Santa Clause!

Advertisement

You summed up my thoughts exactly. Excellent detailed reasoning on religion.

PS You should of added the one religion, being the Islamist organisation al-Qaeda -Issan who believe the following after the 9/11 attack on the twin towers in New York which to me this event is just plain EVIL. It is a contradictory definition of good verse bad really is about after you die.

As per Google search;

"The hijackers adhered to a radicalized ideology of martyrdom (shahadat). Based on recovered documents, such as the "Last Night" letter found in the luggage of hijackers Mohamed Atta and Abdulaziz al-Omari, they expected immediate spiritual rewards upon their deaths:

  • Instant Entry to Paradise: They believed that dying while fighting what they perceived as a holy war (jihad) would instantly cleanse them of all sins and allow them to bypass the typical trials of the grave.

  • Heavenly Rewards: They anticipated eternal life in Paradise (Jannah), which included promises of luxurious gardens, rivers of milk and honey, and companionship with heavenly maidens (houris).

  • Intercession for Family: They believed their martyrdom would grant them the privilege to guarantee entry into heaven for dozens of their closest relatives.

I bet these evil morons that did this most evil crime believe in the tooth fairy and Santa Claus and that there is no corruption or self interest amongst their fellow believers.

Unbelievable. Other animals in the world would never do this to fellow animals and yet we are supposed to be smart humans at the top of the chain?

5 minutes ago, cynic1 said:

You summed up my thoughts exactly. Excellent detailed reasoning on religion.

PS You should of added the one religion, being the Islamist organisation al-Qaeda -Issan who believe the following after the 9/11 attack on the twin towers in New York which to me this event is just plain EVIL. It is a contradictory definition of good verse bad really is about after you die.

As per Google search;

"The hijackers adhered to a radicalized ideology of martyrdom (shahadat). Based on recovered documents, such as the "Last Night" letter found in the luggage of hijackers Mohamed Atta and Abdulaziz al-Omari, they expected immediate spiritual rewards upon their deaths:

  • Instant Entry to Paradise: They believed that dying while fighting what they perceived as a holy war (jihad) would instantly cleanse them of all sins and allow them to bypass the typical trials of the grave.

  • Heavenly Rewards: They anticipated eternal life in Paradise (Jannah), which included promises of luxurious gardens, rivers of milk and honey, and companionship with heavenly maidens (houris).

  • Intercession for Family: They believed their martyrdom would grant them the privilege to guarantee entry into heaven for dozens of their closest relatives.

I bet these evil morons that did this most evil crime believe in the tooth fairy and Santa Claus and that there is no corruption or self interest amongst their fellow believers.

Unbelievable. Other animals in the world would never do this to fellow animals and yet we are supposed to be smart humans at the top of the chain?


The official 911 story was a made up fairytale.

Maybe focus on waking up before looking into the deeper stuff 👍🏾




Heaven or Hell, Which Will Be Your Final Destination?

Believing in Heaven and Hell is an Religion Brainwash. believe No matter what religion one has/believes in .

Religion is a tool for Power and Wealth no matter what the religion is some are worse then others they ar all made up by some creeps that are /have been profiting by making people believe what he/they can to profit .

Same way what the politicians do thrying to make you believe that their party is going to save the country. Up to you Believe it or Not

As for me. My dear departed Mother always told me Do Not believe in something you Can't see or be proven.

2 minutes ago, Tourist2 said:


The official 911 story was a made up fairytale.

Maybe focus on waking up before looking into the deeper stuff 👍🏾




2 minutes ago, Tourist2 said:


The official 911 story was a made up fairytale.

Maybe focus on waking up before looking into the deeper stuff 👍🏾


Mr Tourist you are stating that "The official 911 story was a made up fairytale" and that 9/11 never happened as per media and film records.

Wow that's a mind boggling statement! I'm gobsmacked and could not possibly reply to such a ridiculous statement. I'll leave that to the rest of the people that read it.

21 minutes ago, save the frogs said:

Well, I can give you one concrete example.

Let's say someone breaks into your house. Do you keep a shotgun in your house? Would you kill someone who breaks into your home?

Based on my belief system, I would rather the person who breaks in murders me than me murdering him over a few possessions.

People are obsessed with death, and how horrible death is. But very few people give much thought to .... what happens if you actually kill someone?

In this case, I'd rather be the one getting killed. I don't want murder on my hands.

But I am willing to wager most people would prioritize saving their own life.

I am more afraid of having to deal with murder on my hands than I am of death.

No normal person wants to kill anyone innocent, but a person breaking into your home is violating your privacy and looking to take things you've worked hard for, and if they're armed, might be looking to hurt you or your family. The family and you come first, and if it comes to who's going to be shot, it's them without thinking. They didn't belong there so why would you want to be the victim of someone who looks at you as a victim, a nobody to steal from or hurt?

I would never want to be responsible for the death of an innocent, but if it comes to either it's them or me or my family, they're going down. It isn't murder if it's self defense, no mater what anyone says. Justifiable homicide unless they broke in, unarmed, said they're sorry and tried to run and you shot them in the back.

Edited by fredwiggy

Create an account or sign in to comment

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.