Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ASEAN NOW

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Tiring of Bathing and Shaving: I’m now considering a Car-Wash Girl…

Featured Replies

6 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

No.

Just encouragement to have a bath, once each day.

And, a shave.

Any old Car-Wash Girl could do this.

Here, to help you figure this topic out, are some reasons to do things yourself............Reasons Behind Needing Help with Bathing

  • Physical Disability or Mobility Impairment: Conditions like arthritis, severe back injuries, paralysis, or recovering from surgery mean a person may lack the strength, balance, or range of motion to safely wash themselves or step in and out of a tub.

  • Cognitive Decline and Dementia: For individuals with Ablutophobia or dementia, bathing can be deeply confusing or frightening, and physical weakness or a lack of coordination requires caregiver assistance.

  • Executive Dysfunction and Mental Health: Severe depression, chronic fatigue, or neurodivergence (such as autism or ADHD) can make multi-step tasks like bathing feel overwhelming or physically exhausting, though requiring physical assistance usually points to an overlapping physical or profound functional limitation.

  • Safety and Fall Prevention: Bathrooms have hard surfaces and wet floors. Needing a helper or a personal care assistant is a smart safety measure to prevent dangerous falls rather than an avoidance of work..

  • Seeing you don't fit the first and last ones, it's likely the second and third.

  • Replies 70
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Oh look, another Gamma topic about the trials and tribulations of male grooming and personal hygiene. First it was pubic hair maintenance woes. Then came the great toenail clipping conundrum, and now

  • I've summoned the local nut house. The orderlies are now on their way to collect you. When they arrive, best not to put up a fight, it will only result in them having to employ heavier restraints and

  • Grow a beard and go for a soapy every day.

Posted Images

  • Author
2 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

Here, to help you figure this topic out, are some reasons to do things yourself............Reasons Behind Needing Help with Bathing

  • Physical Disability or Mobility Impairment: Conditions like arthritis, severe back injuries, paralysis, or recovering from surgery mean a person may lack the strength, balance, or range of motion to safely wash themselves or step in and out of a tub.

  • Cognitive Decline and Dementia: For individuals with Ablutophobia or dementia, bathing can be deeply confusing or frightening, and physical weakness or a lack of coordination requires caregiver assistance.

  • Executive Dysfunction and Mental Health: Severe depression, chronic fatigue, or neurodivergence (such as autism or ADHD) can make multi-step tasks like bathing feel overwhelming or physically exhausting, though requiring physical assistance usually points to an overlapping physical or profound functional limitation.

  • Safety and Fall Prevention: Bathrooms have hard surfaces and wet floors. Needing a helper or a personal care assistant is a smart safety measure to prevent dangerous falls rather than an avoidance of work..

  • Seeing you don't fit the first and last ones, it's likely the second and third.

    Advertisement

Any fool can know.....

The point is to UNDERSTAND.

1 minute ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Any fool can know.....

The point is to UNDERSTAND.

And that's why I listed those, to help you understand.

  • Author
11 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

And that's why I listed those, to help you understand.

So now, it seems, you are calling me a fool, just judging by my last comment, logically speaking, I mean?

6 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

So now, it seems, you are calling me a fool, just judging by my last comment, logically speaking, I mean?

When you reply, you hurt yourself, especially when you use assumptions. Videos have never helped your cause, unless they are vital to the topic.

38 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

No.

Just encouragement to have a bath, once each day.

And, a shave.

Any old Car-Wash Girl could do this.

Oh, OK, a naked shave is going to cost you a few hundred baht, a bit more if you require the crack shaved

Edited by SAFETY FIRST

6 hours ago, Alpha84 said:

Please GG, just stop with all this awful forum slop. It is tedious, inappropriate and frankly disturbing to read.

Your long-winded replies to every single post by GG and gg are just as tedious, if not more so. You really must have too much time on your hands. You have replied, ad nauseum, to the point that your creativity has worn thin. Same slop over and over.

  • Author
18 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

When you reply, you hurt yourself,

So, by replying to you, then I hurt myself?

I think you have recently been listening to too much Hendrix.

"You tell me it's alright, you don't mind a little pain / You say you just want me to take you for a drive"

When you finally get back to Texas.....

Smoke more weed.

  • Author
17 minutes ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Oh, OK, a naked shave is going to cost you a few hundred baht, a bit more if you require the crack shaved

Never in a million years.

2 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

So, by replying to you, then I hurt myself?

I think you have recently been listening to too much Hendrix.

"You tell me it's alright, you don't mind a little pain / You say you just want me to take you for a drive"

When you finally get back to Texas.....

Smoke more weed.

Assume less, think, then reply is the best recourse. Weed is a recreational thing I occasionally do, as it makes music more enjoyable. I haven't listened to Hendrix in a long time, as there are countless new groups and music I'm focusing on, and those early innovators were what i grew up with. Hendrix being a decent guitar player who spawned many more who are better.

  • Author
25 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

Assume less, think, then reply is the best recourse. Weed is a recreational thing I occasionally do, as it makes music more enjoyable. I haven't listened to Hendrix in a long time, as there are countless new groups and music I'm focusing on, and those early innovators were what i grew up with. Hendrix being a decent guitar player who spawned many more who are better.

You know, a few years ago, I thought you were actually writing in a serious vein, since you seemed so buttoned-down about various topics, including religion.

Now, though, I realize that you are writing completely tongue-in-cheek, and extremely mordantly, which is something for which I have deep respect and admiration.

You might be able to fool some.

But you no-longer fool me.

See you at the next Penn reunion, my friend.

No bathing or shaving?

You’re in good company.

70% of the mouthbreathers I witness around Pattaya don’t. Soi Bukow is the epicenter.

5 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

You know, a few years ago, I thought you were actually writing in a serious vein, since you seemed so buttoned-down about various topics, including religion.

Now, though, I realize that you are writing completely tongue-in-cheek, and extremely mordantly, which is something for which I have deep respect and admiration.

You might be able to fool some.

But you no-longer fool me.

See you at the next Penn reunion, my friend.

I'm not trying to fool anyone but telling things as they are. You're still confusing me with someone else about Penn State.

  • Author
1 minute ago, fredwiggy said:

Penn State.

Penn State?

Now we KNOW you are joking.

3 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Penn State?

Now we KNOW you are joking.

The only thing I ever did in Pennsylvania was Trout fishing.

2 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Sorry, but....

Sorry, but ....

You talk to much.

How bout some .... SILENCIO !

7 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Why do the best guitarists of this ilk choose GIBSON?

Have you ever stopped to consider this question?

image.png

But, my real question is:

Where has great Black Music gone.....?

Do you know?

Where has it gone?

Is this due to the destruction of the Black Culture in America, probably due to the American Prison system....and.....

Living in inner-city ghettos during the past many decades?

Did you ever think that maybe the Black Guys were still better down on the farm, in Georgia, and other southern states, compared to having moved north?

So many questions.


And, so little time.

America has much to answer for, one might say.

image.png

Blame the music industry. They'll sign an "authentic" Blues artist from some middling Mississippi town, bring him into a Nashville studio and set a host of producers and arrangers and professional sidemen who know exactly what the company wants, not the sound the original singer wants to make. He plays along, he might get a record deal and go on tour. He doesn't play along, asserts his individuality and insists on doing it his way, he goes home.

That clip you posted: Howlin' Wolf/Van Morrison. Do you think that was just the casual accident they make it appear to be. What you don't see is the 15 production trucks, 44 crew members, 7 producers, 5 lawyers and the white cloth catering service.

It's all business, all the time. The music you hear is molded by the money it's expected to make.

2 minutes ago, dddave said:

It's all business, all the time. The music you hear is molded by the money it's expected to make.

Nah, there's different types of musicians.

Van Morrison had a unique gift and no producer could interfere with it.

He's not a manufactured band like Backstreet Boys.

They tried to sell Van the Man a bridge, but he has way too much God given talent and he flipped the finger to The Man. He just couldn't compromise.

"Here in Thailand, how much would it cost me to have some girl come to my house to shave and bathe me, instead? "

Not just some girl ,but my wife ,does all that for me ,and she is not that expensive,you want to

find one ,yes you can find good honest women in Thailand ,contrary to what you hear,we have

been together for forty years ,if she was going to rip me off ,I think she would have done by now,

I think you will have to find a quirky one ,to put up with you, start looking now, you are really going

to need one the older you get,just make sure she is a lot younger than you, good luck

regards worgeordie

4 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Never in a million years.

Don't knock it unless you have tried it.

It's a great feeling, no dags hanging off me like a fly-blown sheep.

  • Author
5 hours ago, worgeordie said:

I think you will have to find a quirky one ,to put up with you,

Yes, and I agree.

I would also NOT accept any other kind.

  • Author
3 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Don't knock it unless you have tried it.

It's a great feeling, no dags hanging off me like a fly-blown sheep.

Even the idea disgust me.

Sorry.

  • Author
5 hours ago, worgeordie said:

you will have to find a quirky one

Upon further contemplation.....you are still correct:

If were to invite another woman into my bed, and live with her as Man and Wife, then....

My first question before I might feel the need to entertain this idea would be:

ARE YOU QUIRKY ENOUGH FOR ME

Absolutely.

You are 100% correct.

How is it that you understand me so well, even though we have never actually met?

This is my question to you, of course....maybe.....

  • Author
10 hours ago, fredwiggy said:

I'm not trying to fool anyone but telling things as they are. You're still confusing me with someone else about Penn State.

Concerning your recent Calumny, Fred, in implying that I ever attended Penn State, which is truly a low blow......I will say this to you:

a. Penn State is now totally underwater.

b. Penn State is a ridiculous excuse for a uni, and in fact...it is no more than a Football School, full of fat cheerleaders that jiggle when they walk.

c. As you probably know, as well, the Football Coach is a Pedophile, or was until they finally BOOTED HIM OUT like the true PIG-SKIN he proved to be.

d. When I say that Penn State is underwater, I am just stating the truth, which is....

In early 2026, Penn State University announced the closure of seven of its 19 satellite campuses due to enrollment declines and financial strain.

e. Just in case you might want more.....here is a news clipping that is right up your alley, Sir......

image.png

image.png

f. Listen, Fred....let me clue you in......

UNIVERSITY ATTENDANCE is NOT for Football, even though this is the thinking in backwater places in America, such as Texas.

The university experience is intended for study, research, and prayer.

Why do you think Yale university was founded by missionaries, after all......

image.png

g. So, I tell you, Fred.....Please get your facts straight, next time, before posting.

h. Penn is NOT Penn State, by any stretch of your vivid imagination.

Oh, The COLUMNY ......

I doubt I shall survive your comments, Fred....but.....

With TRUE GRIT, I will endure.

See you at Penn, Fred, during our upcoming reunion in November 2026......

I will be looking for YOU, Fred......

Better believe it......

image.png

GO PENN......!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

I watched an old Dean Martin spy movie "Matt Helm" one of those. He got up in the morning, got buff washed by rollers that looked like something you would see at a car wash. He had a girl friend there also but she had her own automated shower. "Meet George Jetson" cartoon as I recall had some sort of auto wash and shave. Good luck.

Just shave once a week. I found an electric shaver that is top shelf and quick. Get a shower with really strong water pressure. All you have to do is stand there and turn around once or twice. Can't get any easier.

Obviously some home health care services for bed ridden or handicapped people is available for people that need sponge baths, can't reach their toes for clipping, etc. Might try approaching this from a health point of view for resources.

  • Author
4 hours ago, gk10012001 said:

Just shave once a week. I found an electric shaver that is top shelf and quick.

Which one?

I am interested.

Thanks.

7 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Concerning your recent Calumny, Fred, in implying that I ever attended Penn State, which is truly a low blow......I will say this to you:

a. Penn State is now totally underwater.

b. Penn State is a ridiculous excuse for a uni, and in fact...it is no more than a Football School, full of fat cheerleaders that jiggle when they walk.

c. As you probably know, as well, the Football Coach is a Pedophile, or was until they finally BOOTED HIM OUT like the true PIG-SKIN he proved to be.

d. When I say that Penn State is underwater, I am just stating the truth, which is....

In early 2026, Penn State University announced the closure of seven of its 19 satellite campuses due to enrollment declines and financial strain.

e. Just in case you might want more.....here is a news clipping that is right up your alley, Sir......

image.png

image.png

f. Listen, Fred....let me clue you in......

UNIVERSITY ATTENDANCE is NOT for Football, even though this is the thinking in backwater places in America, such as Texas.

The university experience is intended for study, research, and prayer.

Why do you think Yale university was founded by missionaries, after all......

image.png

g. So, I tell you, Fred.....Please get your facts straight, next time, before posting.

h. Penn is NOT Penn State, by any stretch of your vivid imagination.

Oh, The COLUMNY ......

I doubt I shall survive your comments, Fred....but.....

With TRUE GRIT, I will endure.

See you at Penn, Fred, during our upcoming reunion in November 2026......

I will be looking for YOU, Fred......

Better believe it......

image.png

GO PENN......!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

You said I went to a Pennsylvania college, that you saw me there, which was a lie. I said Penn State, picking one college out, as you never said which college you "saw" me at. You haven't been to the US in decades, so know nothing of what goes on there besides what you see in videos and some news, yet still comment like you do.

That you think Texas is a backwater place is just another one of your ignorant rants from no knowledge whatsoever on the state, so instead of making yourself out the daily fool here, comment on things you actually know about, which is staying mostly in your apartment in Chiang Mai. Get YOUR facts straight, as you've been wrong all along.

  • Author

I think you should not delay.

You need a new computer.

Hope you choose Widows 11, just so that you will have zero regrets.

Anyway....GO...PENN......!!!!!

See you soon, at Franklin Field....

As you must also know, Franklin Field was named after Billy Graham's son, Franklin Graham.

image.png

I knew him well when he was 12, and a problem child, even then.

If bathing yourself is problamatlc and money is not an issue time to check out a care home. They will even wipe your butt

Create an account or sign in to comment

Recently Browsing 1

  • The Best Chris

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.