Thai Man, 24, Gets Death For Slaying Russian Women

george

showed he had sought to benefit himself through brutal and lawless acts, with no regard for social peace and the country's tourism image.

So does this mean most of the Thai parliament is in trouble?

In my humble opinion, you just hit the nail squarely on the head, mate !

Mind you; the investigations are continuing and there's always hope, huh ?

Cheers,

JGK

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So much for all of you who yelled "Prostitutes" and "Russian Mafia" when the story came up first.

Unfortunately more convenient for thai(s) to peg one lad then the organized crime that ordered it. :o

Once the 'hitman' knew he was probably going to be sentenced to death, then why not spilling out names? You don't have that much to be afraid of anymore. Once you do that in court, it's gonna be difficult, even for Thais, to ignore it. And it will keep you alive for testimonies etc.

This convicted murderer is only 24! Then he should be spending the rest of his natural life in prison which I feel is a far worse punishment than the death penalty! It's been proven that the death penalty is no deterrent for violent crime!

There's my 2 cents!

Of course it's a deterrent they never do it again do they?

:o

I bet he wishes he was a policeman from Kanchanaburi now. Better yet, the son of an 'influential' politician. He'd be back home by now if he was.

It seems to me that you can claim 3 things in court. Guilty. Not Guilty and Wealthy. (2 and 3 are the same)

There is NO jutice in Thailand.

So much for all of you who yelled "Prostitutes" and "Russian Mafia" when the story came up first.

Unfortunately more convenient for thai(s) to peg one lad then the organized crime that ordered it. :o

Once the 'hitman' knew he was probably going to be sentenced to death, then why not spilling out names? You don't have that much to be afraid of anymore. Once you do that in court, it's gonna be difficult, even for Thais, to ignore it. And it will keep you alive for testimonies etc.

Oh so you want his family be rubbed out???? :D

The real death sentence for him would have been carried out as soon as he spilled his story of who ever was the financier. ie who ordered the hit. But the authorities also have a vested interest in the unlikely robbery story, as we all know there is no organized crime in Thailand.

Apparently the rumors have it that trail goes back to one of the girl's husband whom she was separating from in Russia whom may indeed be involved with some dark nefarious types over there....

Correct, but as I suggested earlier in this thread, maybe it would not keep his family or loved ones alive if he "spilt the beans".

Logic suggested to me IF you wish to threaten a person, you do not threaten a person with nothing personally left to lose - you threaten what/or who you think he cares about, maybe more than himself.

(Maybe I have been watching to many police and crime movies down the years).

Dave

24 or 26, isn't the issue, but the victum's families should decide the outcome of his crimes, as long as it isn't letting the guy off with a short sentence!

Yeah ... I want to cut the nuts of a guy who walked on my daisies.

It's a pity people like you have the vote (assuming you do).

If victUm's family sentences a person for their crimes they'd all be hung, drawn and quartered like the good old Christians used to do.

While it may feel nice to get 'revenge' by murdering the murderer, will it really be that satisfying when you realize the hired gun was carrying out orders and the gangsters who ordered the hit are probably the same police mafia who eventually arrested him. Either way he's dead, and he knew this from day one. Coercion? probably threatened to kill his whole family... and they would.

How much more satisfying to find a way to get the guy to squeal and for once prosecute the real criminals at the top who are above the law...

There are obviously many rumours and theories about why these girls were murdered. Only the murderer knows the real truth and he wasn't talking from day 1.

A friend of mine knows a "noteable" Russian resident in Pattaya who told him that it was a definite contract killing by the Thai "mafia".

Evidently the girls arrived on a 2 week holiday ticket with no intention of returning but to ply their trade in Pattaya.

They started working Jomtien Beach quite sucessfully as there is little competition and were evidently warned that they could work Walking St but not Jomtien.

They were given a 2nd warning after ignoring the first but continued to work and the 3rd warning came in the form of several gunshots.

Yes I know, pure speculation and rumour, probably dreamed up in a bar, but they were obviously killed for some reason.

Oh so you want his family be rubbed out???? :D

It says on the news clip that he was denied life sentence, even he confessed, because of the overwhelming evidence. So where is this robbery supporting hard evidence?

At the time of the murders there was nothing suggesting any attempt to rob, only execute. Nothing was missing, or so they said at that point. It certainly seemed so. I recall police was suspecting maybe farang since the guy on the security video was quite tall, I'd like to know how tall is this guy. Again what evidence?

i blame the television, all these ganster movies etc etc, i think it does effect a person if brought up watching them with an unstable mind, its becoming a trend its happeneng more and more all over the world, i personally agree with the death penalty as its the only way other potential killers will learn and fear. Jail for life just inspiers some people, sorry for the spelling;o

Why do people still blame television for the negative actions of others? That would mean that possibly mentally handicapped people, who could be considered to have an unstable mind, are a force to be dealt with someday because they happened to watch a Tony Jaa movie, or the Godfather, or Die Hard, blah, blah ,blah... People do the things they do for their own reasons, i.e. illicit drug use, too lazy to get a job and its easy money, or whatever. He thought he picked a couple of 'easy targets'. I am willing to bet though it was to support some kind of drug habit and the person can not hold a job down. Its petty theft this man did with a capital crime added to it. He may have also panicked too if the women challenged him. He had the mental capacity of getting a weapon to do the crime and I bet it wasn't his first time. It just ended tragically for the victims, their families, and his family, and for the heck of it, I'll add him too because now he is about to loose his life for what? Greed? A quick fix?

So, I strongly believe television had nothing to do with it...

Whilst agreeing wholeheartedly with the reasons you quote for the killings - illicit drug use, too lazy to get a job and its easy money - I do disagree with TV having nothing to do with it. It's not the big screen movies though that I would blame but the local Thai 'soaps' that constantly promote knives and guns as a normal way of life to be produced to resolve any minor dispute. This is the TV the Thais watch every day and makes such violent actions seem acceptable.

gmac

Being a X cop in my past life . I can tell you that most lifers in prison, Soon adapt to the life there.

They get so used to it , it just one day to another.

Not to mention the tax payers expense.

Should be put down like a rabid dog.

Agree put the mad dog down.............an eye for an eye

This convicted murderer is only 24! Then he should be spending the rest of his natural life in prison which I feel is a far worse punishment than the death penalty! It's been proven that the death penalty is no deterrent for violent crime!

There's my 2 cents!

Life in aThai prison or a bullet???

I`d choose the bullet,anyday......

Which may be a good reason to give him life without possibility of parol.

He need not be housed in splendor either. HA!

The people pay for incarcaration facilities anyway. One more cell taken.

And I doubt the cost of his food is too high in baht...

Still many young Thias don't seem to think much past the moment.

Maybe the good luck amulets and reincarnation have something to to with that...

The idea that death or life in the Bangkok Hilton was a deterent

in this case is pretty small. It just hardly crossed his mind...

till he got caught. I still don't get the leniency decisions based on a conffesion.

Gee he confessed because they had enough evidence... well he STILL DID IT>

Man, 24, gets death for slaying Russian women

A 24-year-old man was sentenced to death by the Pattaya Court yesterday for the murder of two Russian women on Jomtien beach in February.

30047649-01.jpg

Anuchit Lamlert got the maximum punishment after the court decided not to cut his sentence on grounds the defendant confessed only because of the weight of evidence against him.

The court said Anuchit's lengthy criminal record showed he had sought to benefit himself through brutal and lawless acts, with no regard for social peace and the country's tourism image.

The reading of the verdict was attended by Anuchit's parents and siblings, family members of his victims and representatives of the Russian Consulate.

Anuchit, who at first appeared calm, broke into tears and hugged his parents upon hearing his sentence.

"Don't worry, everything is justly deserved," he was heard telling them.

Tatiana Tsimfer, 30, and Liubov Svirkova, 25, arrived in Thailand with a Russian tour party on February 16 and were shot dead by Anuchit as they sat in deckchairs on a Jomtien beach just before dawn on February 24.

Police later arrested Anuchit and seized a 9mm pistol and a red-and-black motorcycle used in the attack.

Anuchit confessed to police that he murdered the women after they resisted his attempt to rob them.

Source: The Nation - 04 September 2007

2) Was the murderers motive as he says "Robbery", or was there another motive or others behind the killings. Once again, with all the inconsistencies that have been reported the one thing that looks very suspicious is Robbery being the motive. The gunman supposedly said on one occasion he shot them because they resisted being robbed. The picture I first saw of the girls in their deck chairs looked anything but resisting being robbed. In fact, I personally thought they looked like they were probably sleeping or sunbathing with their eyes closed and relaxed at the time of their sad deaths. But maybe my eyes were playing tricks on me.

That reminds me...i agree with that...it wasn't about robbery for sure,bodies talks...it was just guessing in the first moments: that could be a competition in making money there and we all know what way women there making money,so Russians was a competition to some man who was loosing clients because we all know how much Thais are interested for russian women(white women)and not only Thais...so COULD be a war about place for "work"as a motive...just guessing,according to all we could read about...

Next THE TRUTH is-in a very first moments,here we could see a lot of comments as about Russian mafia,prostitutes and things as that...that are first reactions here,nobody can deni...

I am surprised and thinking about what the Court says as a reason to kill that young man...about tourism...well,i could accept that if they do the same all the time about murderers especialy but here is not that case...here we could see so many cases of murdered farangs and so many times investigators said it was suicide,too...even all was so foggy...i don't feel well about that so many misterious deaths of farangs in Thailand...and after that we couldn't hear any single thing about what happened with the murderers or was anyone cought for that...this was so fast and i like it...but what about previous cases of misterious deaths and some other(not some- a lot,i think so)which are qualified as sucides?I am talking about so many "jumpers",farangs of course...so,what happened about it?nothing...as never happened...so,fast reaction in this case maybe promising better situations in future...we will see...i just have a hope...

P.S.it would be nice if we would talk here without so sharp words to each other...someone who is looking at this postings,could feel happy farangs have a fights among each other,don't forget that...we are not so welcome here as some of us could think so...

Regards to all of you here...

Tatiana Tsimfer, 30, and Liubov Svirkova, 25, arrived in Thailand with a Russian tour party on February 16 and were shot dead by Anuchit as they sat in deckchairs on a Jomtien beach just before dawn on February 24.

source is Nation...

Yes...BEFORE DAWN...they wasn't just a tourists,i guess so.

Before dawn, they could have been out drinking all night and having fun. People when they are on holiday do not keep the same sense of safety about themselves. The word escapes me- but I learned about it besides in my life, also in destination management event planning. Whatever they were up to, the tropical beach probably seemed like an idyllic place to sit and close their eyes, sadly never knowing it was for the last time. catnip

Singapor has a hanging every friday, seems to keep the crime rate down their. personaly i'm pro castration as well

A somewhat self-refuting statement.

Singapore has the second highest pro-capita execution rate in the world at 6.3 per million so with a population of 4 million that equates to 24 per annum - clearly not as frequent as "every Friday".

personaly i'm pro castration as well

Is that before or after they've been executed?

source is Nation...

Sorry about the gruesome pic, (Thai Rath front page on Feb 25) but it illustrates a few points. The most glaring being that the supposed thief did not take the girl's mobile phone, which is THE most easily item transposed into ready cash & EVERYONE in Thailand knows it. These girls were not stopping in at the beach after a night on the town or anything like it. They are dressed for the beach and probably having a drink at sunrise which is a typical Russian romantic ideal. So why is the obvious not being explored by the police?? It's just too easy to call it a robbery and take no risks with what they might really uncover....

post-27093-1188906492_thumb.jpg

24 or 26, isn't the issue, but the victum's families should decide the outcome of his crimes, as long as it isn't letting the guy off with a short sentence!

Yeah ... I want to cut the nuts of a guy who walked on my daisies.

It's a pity people like you have the vote (assuming you do).

If victUm's family sentences a person for their crimes they'd all be hung, drawn and quartered like the good old Christians used to do.

I don't think Willam Wallace thought they were Christians LOL

Yup a crazy idea.........I don't agree with the death sentence but I can't come up with an argument against the judges decision in this case.

The guy had a long criminal record and he is obviously well known by the police.

Consider that along with the fact this animal Killed 2 defensless women he was supposidly trying to rob.

What were the girls going to do with a gun in their faces,other than hand over anything they had on them?

This guy killed without reason/need and without any regard for human life and from the outside looking in the judge made the right decision.

Someone reckons he will get a reduced sentence on appeal........Absolutely no chance!!! IMO

There's my 2 cents!

especially as being a budhist he gets to come back so soon and try again.

source is Nation...

Sorry about the gruesome pic, (Thai Rath front page on Feb 25) but it illustrates a few points. The most glaring being that the supposed thief did not take the girl's mobile phone, which is THE most easily item transposed into ready cash & EVERYONE in Thailand knows it. These girls were not stopping in at the beach after a night on the town or anything like it. They are dressed for the beach and probably having a drink at sunrise which is a typical Russian romantic ideal. So why is the obvious not being explored by the police?? It's just too easy to call it a robbery and take no risks with what they might really uncover....

So still no evidence published.

1, Police is still continuing the investigation.

or

2, They handled it the Thai way, which is not necessarily bad, but defines logic and is counterproductive in the fight against crime (that's why we have police).

They might even know it, or then the guy just convinced them that OK I'm guilty if you catch the guy who hired me my loved ones will get hurt. Case closed. We will never know..

or

3, They got the wrong guy, but most people are happy.

:o

There's my 2 cents!

*Life imprisonment is a pointless sentence. The person never recovers and it costs society money to keep the prisoner with the possibility of escape. You can be sure a lifer will do anything not to be caught including killing again...after all nothing to lose.

More lifers can teach short timers 'old tricks' hardly good for society. While I don't believe in death sentence worse is life imprisonment. (dont believe in death sentence only because so many innocents convicted)

Well, the person sure won't recover if he's dead, will he? neither will there be any research subjects for understanding how to prevent further murders And won't a killer do anything not to be caught if he faces a death sentence? And maybe lifers will teach short timers why it is better to reform than end up like them. Death sentences simply don't work - they merely provide a warm feeling to populist sentiments for revenge. Moreover, they are targetted disproportionatley at the poor who have few resources to get off the hook unless they are postumously pardoned. If the poor, black etc are just as good as rich white people, why are they executed disproportionately?

Being a X cop in my past life . I can tell you that most lifers in prison, Soon adapt to the life there.

They get so used to it , it just one day to another.

Not to mention the tax payers expense.

Should be put down like a rabid dog.

Well I have no idea what the appeals process in Thailand is like. But I will say this: The appeals process here in the States is very lengthy (in most cases years) and extremely expensive. The cost of keeping someone in jail for life here is but a fraction of what the taxpayers have to pay to uphold appeals on death sentences!