Golf Club Share Transfer

JAS21

Guys

I am in the process of buying a lifetime share (and another one later), through a dealer. Can anybody advise the process please. I have my Thai wife to assist.

As a matter of interest I have been led to believe what the price is that the seller is getting and the dealer comission. Also I understand that the transfer fee is 2000baht. Its is included in the sale.

Also is it normal to make the bank draft out to the share holder...seems the safest option.

I fully understand the terms of the share..ie no annual fee, no fee to play (7 days) other than caddie..may get an annual divi..some hope. I am also aware that prices might drop in a few months due to Thai economy but am willing to take the risk as am now playing 5 days a week

Thanks in advance for all advice.

Make sure you get a proper share certificate with your name on it. Safest to do the transfer at the golf club premises with an official from the club.

There have been some problem at some clubs where non-transferable memberships have been sold, and the sellers did a runner.

Sounds like a good deal with no annual fees and no green fees, normally at least one apply, what club is that you are joining?

are you sure?

as previous poster said...normally maintenance fee/+ green fee..

for eg...at Thana City...membership around 250,000 baht + 4000/ month + green fee (around 300 baht i think)(plus caddy fee of course)..played with someone there last weekend and those were figures he quoted..

think it would be worth getting it absolutely clear before handing anything over...

are you sure?

as previous poster said...normally maintenance fee/+ green fee..

for eg...at Thana City...membership around 250,000 baht + 4000/ month + green fee (around 300 baht i think)(plus caddy fee of course)..played with someone there last weekend and those were figures he quoted..

think it would be worth getting it absolutely clear before handing anything over...

I knew exactly what was offered, my friend has had membership there for some while.

Yes, got the share last Monday and have already played several times. Actually it also allows my wife to play for 400Baht, I didn't realise that until they told me at the company offices. Still have people looking for a membership for her. I worked it out that it costs me about £6/week loss of interest, thats about 420 baht. As we play a lot it will save me loads. Green fees are 810Baht on a weekday and 1230 baht on a weekend.

Actually I haven't been finding golf cheap in Thailand, worked it out at about £5K/year for both of us playing about four times a week. Its the caddy fees and tip that mounts up. Anyway cost have come down quite a bit now. That sum doesn't include balls of course!

We also play with the Thailand Seniors once a month, different course every time, 1200baht including caddy and food. Today there were 300 playing, shotgun start, groups of five or six and tees loaded two or three times. First nine holes were 'reasonably' quick, then it slowed a bit, still been retired what is the rush, anyway you get to chat a little at the 'watering holes'.

Thanks guys for your inputs.