It Doesn't Have To Be Brick Or Wood!

In my search for a building plan for a house for my land. I came across a company that has started to import prefab houses.

As I am not much into the normal Thai style house. I wanted something different. I didn't want a brick shed. Or a wooden stilt house.

I wanted something well cool, not only look good cool, but actualy cool to live in. Brick just seems to be like an oven to me, wood way out of most peoples price range. Definity mine!

So how about a steel framed house! Must say I was shy at first!

But I went to see this company and am very happy with what they had to offer. They also have some show homes that I was able to look at. This may have been what sold me! Quality looked great. And the house was cool!!

The price was also not to bad, At around 8000k perm2. I first I thought high, I must add!

Then I ask why 8000k???

They include, just about everything in the offer. Have to dig your own well/pump water tank

Foundtion, septic, flooring, 4-6 weeks build time only! Not the 3-4 month most other places told me.

And a guarntee of workmenship, and materials. This was also another sold sign. As not one other contractor would stand behind his work.

Anyway Just thought I would share this Idea that you can find a new choice when you choose to build.

Their wedsite is www.freshflowservice.com Oh yah and they can speak english!

Let me know if you have any questions! I will build my home in late Oct, so can give you a better report once is complete.

No problem with termites :D But what about metal moth (rust), any idea on building life?

What are the walls made of? Insulation?

I must say, that the examples of houses on the website do look like, well, sheds :o

Shame the site is only in Thai

Yes they look good, about 2km down the road from me there is a New Village which has them, they went up very fast, just 2 large cranes……

They are all the same large 3bed Semi and cost 685,000……… the cranes are still there so more must be going up, so far about 80 are built……

I did look 4 years ago at another project close to this one, built the normal way and about the same size, these were 899,000 so the prefab one look very cheap

These are some of the homes they import.

www.versatile.co.nz

the outer wall is a cement shingle, then steel stud, the fidre board or gypsum, yuor choice i believe.

You can also have it insultated. The steel is all Zinc oxided to prevent rust.

No Idea on life will have to wait and tell yah later.haha

You could call them and ask? or I will post when i speak to them again.

I comented to them that site was only Thai, they said they will have an english version out soon.

Does anyone know if it is possible to dissassemble and move this house later on? Obviously would need to pour a new foundation and septic, but can the basic structure be taken down and errected somewhere else?

Looks interesting. Serious issue with lack of bathrooms however. I couldn't find a single plan that included more than 1....These people have obviously never lived with my wife.

Yes they look good, about 2km down the road from me there is a New Village which has them, they went up very fast, just 2 large cranes……

They are all the same large 3bed Semi and cost 685,000……… the cranes are still there so more must be going up, so far about 80 are built……

I did look 4 years ago at another project close to this one, built the normal way and about the same size, these were 899,000 so the prefab one look very cheap

Hmm... Pardon me, but this looks to me like halfway between trailer park and the outer fringes of suburbia. At 800 k (I assume Bpraim1 didn't really mean 8,000 k), I'd say that's expensive for just a glorified garden shed. My 2-story compressed soil block house cost 1.5 mio in total (without A/C of course, as we don't need any), and we feel safe during storms and floods, no wood no plastic no fire hazard. Also, we know our house will last. If you want to control the quality of construction (or in your case, assembly) I advise you to be on site practically anytime anyone's doing anything at all.

Incubus

These Semi's are 2 story with garage, 3 bedrooms 3m x 3m, 4m x 3 m and other side of landing big bedroom 7m x 3m, in the middle is a bathroom....... downstais is garage, toilet, small room 2m x 3m the rest is living space + garden on 3 sides

Does anyone know if it is possible to dissassemble and move this house later on? Obviously would need to pour a new foundation and septic, but can the basic structure be taken down and errected somewhere else?

This might interest you... http://www.thai-land-house.com/beach%20bungalow1.html

6,000 baht for complete plans, doesn't sound too bad. Their site says this bungalow can be relocated.

"The Bungalow was designed so that the entire structure can be lifted and re-located to another location". OR build it in a way so you can disassemble it if need be.

post-24220-1189720580_thumb.jpg

Edited by JRinger

With the road madness here, relocating a house to another location (traffic, low hanging wires everywhere) must be a nightmare.

Absolutely right. I wouldn't even think of moving this house or any other across any main roads or highways. Moving it to another location on the same property or nearby might be ok. In case anyone's interested. I contacted the company/website and they told me this bungalow was designed with aluminum studs and roof structure making it much lighter than steel and still strong. I asked about the total weight of the structure without interior materials; tile, etc., and am waiting for a reply. I will know a lot more after receiving the plans that I ordered today. I'm going to live in this house while our dream home is being built. I'm going to put it in a place where it can be used for guests later on.