Suvarnabhumi Airport To Pattaya--bus Options

lesballard

I am getting different info from different sites.

From http://www.travelfish.org/feature/68

Suvarnabhumi to Pattaya -- departs 06:30,08:00,09:00,11:00,13:00,15:00,17:00,19:00 and 20:30.

On another site, I read there is a bus at 2.00PM.

Here is some good info, but still not sure about time table.

http

://www.thai-blogs.com/index.php?blog=5...;tb=1&pb=1

If you find any more details, please post.

1) Check out the Suvarnabhumi Forum on this web-site. Plenty of info.

2) Much better to take a limo, or a taxi-meter if you don't want to pay 2,000 baht ($ 60) for a 120 km journey.

3) The buses are cheaper, sure, but slower and do stop at designated points. Thus you will need to take alternative transport when you get to the terminal. That will kill off half the savings you have made.

Anyone current on the bus schedule from the airport to Pattaya--would like info about the airport bus terminal departure and Bell travel. Arriving around noon with Jomtien destination.

Hiya L.B.

Took the following from an observation that says it as it is regarding the Bell Bus service.

I agree with the observations and can personally endorse them following my use of the service a few days ago.

It was far better than the prior taxi journey i,d taken and that,s the truth. ref. url for my previous report.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?sh...p;#entry1524296

Quote:-

Bell Travel

e-mail [email protected]

or call

Int. code from country of origin

66-2747,4673, 66-2747-4675 or -66-2747-4676

to arrange pickup.

Leaves airport.

8:00am

10:00am

12:00am

2:00pm

4:00pm

6:00pm

VERY comfortable bus.

The bus goes to North Pattaya bus station and the 150 Baht ticket price includes transfer from the bus station to your hotel by minibus which sure beats a cram packed Songtow from the bus station. Great service. I will highly recommend it if the timing fits.

There are also public Air-Conditioned bus from the transportation center for 108 Baht leaving at

8:00am

9:00am

11:00am

1:00pm

3:00pm

5:00pm

7:00pm

* Forget this option. marshbags

But I count the Bell Travel option as better because no need to take the free shuttle to the transportation center, much more conformable bus, and the included minibus transfer to your hotel in Pattaya.

Unquote.

It really is good and if it suits your schedule, go for it, even if it means waiting for the next available bus.

Direct both ways and mini bus transfers both ways.

A nice clean,aircon office at N.Pattaya bus station to relax in should you need to relax while awaiting transfers and toilet facilities provided.

If you contact them via email they will reserve you a seat, tell you were / which exit to go to for pick up and look out for you.

Also handy are the time tables for both directions.

marshbags :o

The taxis don,t come near IMHO for comfort or service.

Edited by marshbags

• 2 weeks later...

No reply from them till 20-Jun so I made international call to book two seats on 2.00PM bus. They asked me to wait at Gate 7. Bus didn't show up and didn't find any staff, waiting near gate. Waited till 2.15PM and then took taxi to Pattaya. Not sure what we did wrong?

Anyone have recent experience of the time taken by the Bell Bus from Pattaya to the new airport?

Going to the airport, I get worried about delays caused by the never-ending roadworks on the motorway. It took me over 4 hours going from Bk. to Pattaya a while back and as I sat in the stationary traffic I could see that there was little movement in the traffic going North either.

It was a Friday afternoon so maybe it was exceptional - but there must have been a few anxious people there heading to the airport.

Maybe the Bell bus people use route 3 via Chonburi instead of the 7?

Lawling, I have taken the Bell service to the airport twice, the last time was a Month ago. The first time it took 1 and a half hours, last Month it took 1 hour 45 minutes.

I went up to the North Pattaya bus station and booked it myself for the 1PM pick up. They were at my condo at 12.30 PM and then picked up a few other passengers. The mini bus then took us to the big bus at North Pattaya and we departed at 1.10PM and arrived at the airport just before 3PM.

For a 150 baht this has got to be the best service ever, highly recommended. :o

Lawling, I have taken the Bell service to the airport twice, the last time was a Month ago. The first time it took 1 and a half hours, last Month it took 1 hour 45 minutes.

I went up to the North Pattaya bus station and booked it myself for the 1PM pick up. They were at my condo at 12.30 PM and then picked up a few other passengers. The mini bus then took us to the big bus at North Pattaya and we departed at 1.10PM and arrived at the airport just before 3PM.

For a 150 baht this has got to be the best service ever, highly recommended. :o

Thanks Bmanly. That's very reassuring. I'll give them a try.