How To Move Aud$60k From Aus To Los

Hi Folks

Ive read the pinned topic and done a quick search..

I'm buying a car here, and need to move the cash from Aus. Bank can only do 10K per day per IMT and it will take a while. Is there another faster way? Id like to pay for the car next weekend..

Cheers

Last year I transfered 60K NZ in one transfer no Problem ,it took 3- 4 days from memory.The money was transfered into a Thai bankaccount and was available straight away,which bank are you with?

Commonwealth bank.. I rang them twice today. First time I was told that the limit was 10k per go. Second time they said if I fax a hand written, signed letter with all the details to my branch in AUS they can do it. Im half expecting they call me to say they can't but i guess we will see.

Last year I transfered 60K NZ in one transfer no Problem ,it took 3- 4 days from memory.The money was transfered into a Thai bankaccount and was available straight away,which bank are you with?

Commonwealth bank.. I rang them twice today. First time I was told that the limit was 10k per go. Second time they said if I fax a hand written, signed letter with all the details to my branch in AUS they can do it. Im half expecting they call me to say they can't but i guess we will see.

So it all went well, got it in under 3 days, and a great rate. Glad I sent it in AUD.

What I don't get, is when it arrived, a lady from Thai Military bank called me, and yet my account is with Kasikorn - <deleted>?

What I don't get, is when it arrived, a lady from Thai Military bank called me, and yet my account is with Kasikorn - <deleted>?

normally a call from the central bank confirming the purpose .............................