• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

買春観光客 -- mai chun koon kwong hak

売笑婦 -- ? siu foo

笑 -- means laugh/laughter

婦 -- woman

売 -- I guess is 'selling' then.

You see, Chinese and Japanese operating system is quite compatible....

What are you using? This here is JAPANESE windows2000

Despite character code is different, it seems to pick out the correct characters.

Also I think, Cantonese pronunciation is the most similar to Japanese, when using ChineseCharacter pronunciation.

See you again! (This cannot be said in Japanese in this form, but we have such characters, too in our Japanese computers to display Chinese words)

Tsoy geen!

再見

Also I remember, George promised a time ago a non-English sector of the Thaivisa-Forum.... I do not think, it is boring to talk about various Asian languages.

You just need to select east asian language support in windows, displays fine on my English windows XP.

This is a very incomplete option, if you do not use the local Asian version....there are important differences.

Even if you install the english windows XP AND english office 2003 version together with the MUI it is still not like the local Japanese version....

If you use it just for hobby, to write very simple text and some basic language display for the internet it is ok to add that EastAsian language support, otherwise not.

Try to write from top to down and from right to left.

Try to use OCN for Japanese newspapers.

Try to open a CDROM made by government related organisations in Japan.

Try to convert text-files made by Japanese not-microsoft related software.

Try to WRITE an advanced text, containing juridical or historical informations.

Try to receive readable email in Japanese sent by using different operating systems, which are using different character codes....

Also a lot of fonts, which are important for a nice print-out in Japanese cannot be used....

spell-checks missing....incorrect formatting.....incorrect printing....also Excel, Access are not totally compatible....

And so on, and so on....

Quite off topics now....maybe to close that thread or to rename it....

I was just suggesting a simple way for people reading this thread to be able to see the Japanese/Chinese text which you have been posting. I doubt that they will require anything more. There are other far more suitable websites for anyone requiring an indepth answer on how to set their computer up to be fully compatable with Japanese fonts.

Yohan is a little blunt sometimes, but good intent I think. :o

Thank you for your understandings....

yes, I might have a different opinion and expression about this and that -

Living a while among HokkienChinese and MalayMuslim, I prefer to live in a Japanese wooden house in Tokyo.

I am sure, some others on this forum would have chosen a different form of their way of life....I do not blame them....