Renting In Bangkok

I'm interested in finding a suitable apartment (2 bedroom preferably) to rent in Bangkok. Since I am living in the South of Thailand, I don't really know about property in the Bangkok area, and would like to find out as much information, or advice as people have to offer.

If anyone knows any good/decent letting agents, or someone that is renting around that time, it would be helpful.

It would be preferable to have a central location. I've lived in Thailand for a few years now, but I have no experience of the Bangkok area. I'd like to be around the Khao San Road (or however you spell it).

I'm not interested in living in backpacker accommodation - it's not suitable for me as I will have visitors.

I have a broad price range I'm willing to go into, up to 20,000, though the price is (of course) negotiable depending on the quality of the apartment. The internet is needed, adn this is not a negotiable thing, and it has to be of decent quality.

Can anyone who is also ex-pat/British give me any advice about Bkk? I can't imagine city life after being away from London for so long!

Regards

Pukkagent

Hi Fella,

Im afraid your 3 month rental term will reduce your search to serviced apartments or trying to rent directly from the landlord by seraching classifieds like here on TV. Agents here only deal with rental terms of 1 year , or occasionally 6 months.

A friend of mine was staying in a really nice serviced apartment right on the river within walking distance of the Khao San Rd but i cant remember or the life of me what its name was. He was paying about 12,000 for a studio room which i thought was not too bad, maybe a little high for what it was.

There are a few apartment blocks on the opposite side of the Pinklao bridge from Khao San, near to the Pata department store and what not that would be worth a look. You need to spend a day or two wandering around on foot, going into the juristic person offices and asking them what they have got.

Good luck with it!

I have 5 bedroom brand new house on thonburi, taling chan - 10 minutes taxi to khaosan rd - for 10k/month. Available from 11 october. It's a small community of 7 houses surrounded by the walls of the posh estate, more like a village than city.