Shopping For Real Estate In Bangkok

I'm looking to buy property in Bangkok. I'd prefer a house. I'd consider land to build a house. And if it was right a townhouse or condo.

I want to be in the areas around Aree, Saphan Khwai, Pradipat, Jatujak. Maybe I'd go out to Bang Sue near MRT. Want to be close to MRT or BTS. I've lived in the Aree and Saphan Khwai area for a few years and like it.

So far I search the web a little or we ride on the motorbike looking for For Sale signs. If I want to start working with an agent is there such a thing as a Multiple Listing Service (as it's called in the US) where almost all properties are listed? With MLS it really doesn't matter what agent you select from the point of view of selection. They all have access to all MLS listings. Is this the case here or does each Agency have their own listings?

Any agents someone would recommend? If I search on the web - in English, it seems I get the ones focused on farang. Big surprise My wife (to be) can help out if someone knows and thinks a very local firm is better.

If web searches are good - what are the best sites? There was one I stumbled on, I think from here, that was a listing of companies. That was good but

What are the best ways to go about looking for buying property in Thailand?

Thanks for any help

There is no MLS in Thailand. Choose a broker from a large firm (for example: CBRE, or Property Plus), and they can show you hundreds of listing sorted by property type, property location, and price. Property Plus is the sales arm of Sansiri, and the first units offered will be from those projects. Persevere, and you'll be rewarded.