Tired Of Looking For Genuine Good Foodstuff

seppl04

Would you be a possible buyer ?  

71 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

exactly this is what I thought. these kind of Bus services, I think, work only from Bkk to other destinations

once again I think the majority of people interested in our Service/ Online shop are expats living in remote areas of Thailand, FAR AWAY from city centers like Korat, Buriram, KK, Udon, CM etc

Sure people living in Bkk, Pttya, Hkt, Samui (the tourist centers) have more or less all available or at least in easy reach.

However, since we will import as well (maybe not right from the beginning), there might be the odd product, which is not available even in Bkk !

So watch out this Forum for further announcements

Seppl :o:D

Hello Seppl -- This is my suggestion:

Why don't you buy a few various style insulated shipping containers, a load of dry ice, and an assortment of cheap frozen CP-type hot dogs and keep some frozen and brings others to refrigerator temps.

Then simulate delivery conditions at your shop: back of an enclosed post office truck both at day and night, sitting in an un-airconditioned post office, out for delivery in small trucks and on the back of motorcycles, etc.etc., and see how many days the dry ice holds out. You could use the charts at this link to start:

http://www.dryiceinfo.com/shipping.htm

Then you will have a better idea for allowable times in transit, amounts of dry ice required, packaging within the containers, and how various containers hold up under Thai-climate conditions... BEFORE you start sending out the real goods to those in the remote villages.

...And if that chart is reliable, it says that shipping small loads is very inefficient; for 2 days you have to get into the 10 kilogram range before the weight of the ice and the weight of the frozen food converge.

exactly this is what I thought. these kind of Bus services, I think, work only from Bkk to other destinations

once again I think the majority of people interested in our Service/ Online shop are expats living in remote areas of Thailand, FAR AWAY from city centers like Korat, Buriram, KK, Udon, CM etc

Sure people living in Bkk, Pttya, Hkt, Samui (the tourist centers) have more or less all available or at least in easy reach.

However, since we will import as well (maybe not right from the beginning), there might be the odd product, which is not available even in Bkk !

Seppl :o:D

Seppl,

From Bangkok busses do go to every hole in Thailand! Not just the major cities. So if you are located in Bangkok it is no problem to send by bus. If you want to send from the South to Bangkok and then onward it would become a problem. Best to stick with DHL I guess.

Waerth

Seppl :D:D

Seppl,

From Bangkok busses do go to every hole in Thailand! Not just the major cities. So if you are located in Bangkok it is no problem to send by bus. If you want to send from the South to Bangkok and then onward it would become a problem. Best to stick with DHL I guess.

Waerth

planning at the moment with EMS, but always open for alternatives

:o

Some friends and me are starting beg 2008 with a nationwide

MAIL ORDER FOOD COMPANY

products offered are:

- international dishes (frozen) like: pies, stews, soups etc

- vacuum packed meat products like all kind of saussages from German, Italian, English Butchers

- imported products hard to get if you live outside the main tourist areas like: just the right ingredient you need and know from back home (pickles, mustards, spices, instant sauces, you name it we try to have it :o )

- bread products especially from Germany, France

all orders can be made on internet

additionally we will supply to interested parties printed catalogues (however website will always be up to date)

orders will be delivered to any location in Thailand packed with dry ice in styrofoam boxes and delivered to any location in Thailand by EMS

kindly poll properly in order that we can suit your needs

Any suggestions to include certain products welcome

If you want to be included in mailing list PM me

If you have products we should include PM me

Thanks all ! :D:D

Are you able to provide Belgian Beers (any type)? or English Cider?

You know, one thing is scary, looking at the forum and topics .... any topic mentioning Burgers - Burritos etc.. has thousands of views and hundreds of replies ... does anyone eat any real food anymore???? :D

Hi Sepple,

DO MAKE SURE TO HAVE SOME IMPORTED REAL GERMAN BEER ON OFFER LIKE KOELSCH - DUESSELDORFER ALT AND ESPECIALLY PILS - no need for the bavarian liquid bread :o

• 3 months later...

Hi all !

just to give all interested an update

Website is in final stages and will be posted when ready (2-3 weeks)

talking with Thaivisa now about forum sponsoring, so can be easily accessed via forum

all the "guinea pigs" will finally receive the trial package within the next 2 weeks

stocking up now

sorry for the delay but after all T.I.T. :D

keep you all posted

Seppl :o

You know, one thing is scary, looking at the forum and topics .... any topic mentioning Burgers - Burritos etc.. has thousands of views and hundreds of replies ... does anyone eat any real food anymore???? :o

I enjoy your products, but I also enjoy burgers and burritos and so do lots of other people who know as much about good food as you do. I lived in San Francisco and frequented the best restaurants for many years before moving here.

If all you want for customers is pretentious, pseudo-gourmets, your market will be very limited!

• 4 weeks later...
Just about given up on you, good to see you back on track.

Nidge.

the logistics of the fresh sausages was a real headache !!!

2-3 days delivery time and costs !

hope this is solved now and then we do the trials

Could you find a good solution now???

Gerd

Just about given up on you, good to see you back on track.

Nidge.

the logistics of the fresh sausages was a real headache !!!

2-3 days delivery time and costs !

hope this is solved now and then we do the trials

Could you find a good solution now???

Gerd

yes Ged. The trials where done and all the recepients received the cargo in order.

Parcels not damaged and sausages in good shape and condition.

Will post later their comments.

Seppl :D

• 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...
I live right next to a Foodland and a Villa who provide everything available in the country pretty much

It's true, pretty much everything on the list is already available here from several foreign and local suppliers. Guess he gave up :o