Cambodian Girls In Pattaya

Forkinhades

I have met a cambodian girl in Pattaya, who was it seems freelancing a bar in walking street, although she claims to work in a restaurant in Laem Chambang, she has shown me this and her home is nearby, I suppose she has a work permit for this. Has anyone had any experience with these cambodians working in thailand?, she seems very sweet, but you can never tell right?

what?

He has met a cambodian girl in Pattaya, who was it seems freelancing a bar in walking street, although she claims to work in a restaurant in Laem Chambang, she has shown him this and her home is nearby, he supposes she has a work permit for this. Has anyone had any experience with these cambodians working in thailand?, she seems very sweet, but you can never tell right?

I have met a cambodian girl in Pattaya, who was it seems freelancing a bar in walking street, although she claims to work in a restaurant in Laem Chambang, she has shown me this and her home is nearby, I suppose she has a work permit for this. Has anyone had any experience with these cambodians working in thailand?, she seems very sweet, but you can never tell right?

Right! As my dear departed mother used to say "You never know a man till you live with him." I suppose same goes for women.

But do let us know what the point of your post is.

...I suppose she has a work permit for this...

A work permit for what? For freelancing in walking street (definition, please!) or for working in a restaurant in Laem Chambang?

You need to be more specific when posting a supposition lest you confuse us all.

From the Cambridge Advanced Learner's Dictionary

freelance

adjective, adverb

doing particular pieces of work for different organizations, rather than working all the time for a single organization.

In which field of work is your girl friend freelancing?

--

Maestro

Definate marriage material id say, .. get you atm cards ready ! :o
  • Haha 1

lol, sorry if my English is bad, been in Thailand too long. Ok here goes, the girl works in Restaurant in Laem Chambang, which she has a work permit for (she cannot get work permit to work the bars). The term freelancing is used when girls go around many bars in 1 night, but if you take a girl from the bar she is currently freelancing, you have to pay that bar. ( I think the girl can then go back and get some of the barfine). I hope everybody is folowing this now.

Just wanted to know if these girls have a reputation, or a scam, or has anybody met one. Just any info would be nice.

Thanks

lol, sorry if my English is bad, been in Thailand too long. Ok here goes, the girl works in Restaurant in Laem Chambang, which she has a work permit for (she cannot get work permit to work the bars). The term freelancing is used when girls go around many bars in 1 night, but if you take a girl from the bar she is currently freelancing, you have to pay that bar. ( I think the girl can then go back and get some of the barfine). I hope everybody is folowing this now.

Just wanted to know if these girls have a reputation, or a scam, or has anybody met one. Just any info would be nice.

Thanks

This make no sense to me at all. Why in the world would a girl working as a prostitute have a reputation? Never hear of that!

Seeing as you are not getting any clear answers on this then may i suggest you read some books on Thailand, esp books regarding the bar scene.

It sounds to me like you are naive with regards to how some of the girls operate here and need some insightful information.

Most often the girls from this scene are 'taught' by the other girls how to con/charm western males. Its all part of the 'game'. Many men think "my girl is different" only to find out the hard way when wallet is empty and heart is broken.

I am sure there is a small percentage of farang-bg relationships that really do go the distance and work out, but it does not seem to be that common.

Before you lose your heart and your life savings to someone i suggest arming yourself with information. Sadly this may cause you to see things in a more cynical light, but at the same time you really should get informed.

Do a search on the forum for similar threads and go to your local bookstore for some candid accounts of BG/farang relationships.

And fellow TV members, before teasing him any further..if you know of some books or threads he should look at, i think the honourable thing to do would be to post suggestions and/or links.

Good luck to you Sir.

And fellow TV members, before teasing him any further..if you know of some books or threads he should look at, i think the honourable thing to do would be to post suggestions and/or links.

Good luck to you Sir.

I think his bank book would be a good start... :D

:o ....couldn't resist...

Anyways, eek's post was good advise, can only second that one! Sad but true this kind of relationship has a rather short shelf-life and turns out to be rather costly in most cases.

Don't put any money in it, pretend that you have none and see if she is still interested.

Good luck to you Sir.

I think his bank book would be a good start... :D

:o ....couldn't resist...

Anyways, eek's post was good advise, can only second that one! Sad but true this kind of relationship has a rather short shelf-life and turns out to be rather costly in most cases.

Don't put any money in it, pretend that you have none and see if she is still interested.

Best advice yet. And don't leave your wife and kids for her.

I have been in Thailand for 5 years, I know how it works, but because she was from cambodia maybe she 'was' different, but hey your right I am just fooling myself. Was looking at the fact of selling my 2 houses here, and starting anew in Cambodia, at least you can have the land in your name, was just looking for some info on 'cambodians working in pattaya', I now know of 2 bars that employ these girls in pattaya.

I have been in Thailand for 5 years, I know how it works, but because she was from cambodia maybe she 'was' different, but hey your right I am just fooling myself. Was looking at the fact of selling my 2 houses here, and starting anew in Cambodia, at least you can have the land in your name, was just looking for some info on 'cambodians working in pattaya', I now know of 2 bars that employ these girls in pattaya.

Phew ! Thought we'd lost you there for a while. :o

• Haha 1

No I have just got back to England to do some business.

Anyway futher info...

When I first met her she said "I dont know why you pay bar" (might be part of the plan)

I stayed with her for 4 nights, never paid bar after first night

I had to go to England, so took her home, and gave her some money.

I want to go and look at Cambodia, so taking her would be a good option.

whatever girl you meet it will cost you money, I sure aint under any illusion about that, even my friend who never gave his girl any money, untill they got married and had a baby, now he gives her 30,000 baht a month.

Please no need to take the piss, but i will listen to any decent comments.

Interesting thread now.

Although i cannot offer advice, i do wish you luck. Maybe if she is 'new' from Cambodia then she may be more genuine? I dont want to give false hope, but nor do i wish you to think there may not be a slim chance of things turning out well. You have been around long enough to know the score, so I would think anything i have to say would not be of use. Im sure someone who knows Cambodians better can offer you some advice, esp if the same rules apply in Cambodia as here (ie: marrying the whole family not just the women/man)

If im perfectly honest i think men who get into the bar scene long term end up with an obscure view of relationships and may find it difficult to form 'normal' relationships. Its really none of my business, but if you are looking to settle down in some way/meet the right woman, maybe consider taking time out from the 'scene' (if its something you normally do) and get to know some ladies who are not part of it. Why not take a trip to Cambodia even?

Just hope you are single.. and dont have a family back home that you would risk over something like this.

Anyway, best of luck.

OK, a bit of clarity.

Is Kampuchia better than Thailand? It's cheaper, but with a disastrous infrastructure and similar to rural Thailand 25 years ago. (I don't know Phnom Phen - only the ways to Snooky)

The people don't have even half of what the families in Isaan have, but tourism and commerce are growing.

If you want to start a tourist business - Sihanoukville is great. The gov't has made National Parks out of a lot of the good marine areas, with enforcement of fishing and diving regulations (but sporadic). It will develop - hopefully in a better way than Pattaya, but it needs more gov't support for infrastructure - to get the tourists there and back and stay healthy while they are there.

Other parts of Kampuchia are a mixture - aound Siem Reap (the lake and Ankor Wat) there is a lot of high-end tourist development, not much care of the temples or the lake.

I personally think that while Hun Sen controls the spending - it will be a big push to get tourist money, but not much trickling down to the people. But that's just my opinion from about a dozen visits to Snooky.

ah good to see some good input.

I am not married, and have no imediate family

she is a new girl, and stays with her mother and friend in Laem Chambang, she and her mum work the restaurant, (although I have no real proof of this)

I will go to Cambodia and, sihnookville has been mentioned b4, will be interesting, Is their much golf in Cambodia?