Nero Bundled With Asus Cd Drive

Daffy D

Hi All!

I recently purchased an ASUS CD Burner that came bundled with Nero 7. Unfortunately I was not informed and there was nothing on the on the packaging to tell me that the FULL Nero would only be available for 30 day evaluation, after which I would be getting a constant nag screen to purchase the full version. :o

Previously I had purchased a Samsung drive that came with Nero 6 that was the full version with free updates available and I was well satisfied with that.

So be aware if you buy ASUS expecting to have a full working version of Nero 7.

I am reinstalling my Nero 6.

D.D. :D

And you thought you got something for free ... without being hassled to buy more ....

I downloaded the (illegal) version of nero 8 ... There' s a nag screen which says that I will get 10% discount because I am a downloader of non-licensed software ...

Even the users of pirated software are rewarded ,,,,,

Edited by sniffdog

And you thought you got something for free ... without being hassled to buy more ....

I downloaded the (illegal) version of nero 8 ... There' s a nag screen which says that I will get 10% discount because I am a downloader of non-licensed software ...

Even the users of pirated software are rewarded ,,,,,

I have seen Nero 8 for sale in some of the shops but havent bought it yet. Can you tell me what changes were made between 7 & 8.. Is it worth getting?

Thanks,

john

Edited by TOQ

Hi All!

I recently purchased an ASUS CD Burner that came bundled with Nero 7. Unfortunately I was not informed and there was nothing on the on the packaging to tell me that the FULL Nero would only be available for 30 day evaluation, after which I would be getting a constant nag screen to purchase the full version. :o

Previously I had purchased a Samsung drive that came with Nero 6 that was the full version with free updates available and I was well satisfied with that.

I sometimes use ImgBurn (free/paypal donations accepted) in place of Nero, which works quite nicely.

It's only about 1.5MB too, compared to the much larger Nero (about 300MB+ I think)

http://www.imgburn.com/

Hi All!

It's not unusual for OEM versions to have limited functionality. It's possible that your Nero 6 Suite was limited in someway(such as missing NeroVision Express 3).

Nero isn't just burning software.

Check your private messages for more detailed information.

Update.

I sent e-mails to both Nero and ASUS expressing my disappointment at not getting the full Nero7 bundled with the burner.

Nero said that it was up to the individual hardware manufacturer to decide what versions of Nero to supply.

ASUS replied saying they could not understand why this should be as all bundled software they include is a full working version that works forever. :o

To day I received another e-mail from Nero giving detailed instructions of how to get the full version. This involves not using the installation CD but downloading the program and then using my key to activate the full version. :D

Why bother to hand out a Nero CD when you have to disregard it and download from the internet anyway?

I have not yet tried the new way yet so cannot say it will work but I have high hopes. :D

I must add that the response from both Nero and ASUS have been quick efficient and helpful.

Update.

I sent e-mails to both Nero and ASUS expressing my disappointment at not getting the full Nero7 bundled with the burner.

Nero said that it was up to the individual hardware manufacturer to decide what versions of Nero to supply.

ASUS replied saying they could not understand why this should be as all bundled software they include is a full working version that works forever. :o

To day I received another e-mail from Nero giving detailed instructions of how to get the full version. This involves not using the installation CD but downloading the program and then using my key to activate the full version. :D

Why bother to hand out a Nero CD when you have to disregard it and download from the internet anyway?

I have not yet tried the new way yet so cannot say it will work but I have high hopes. :D

I must add that the response from both Nero and ASUS have been quick efficient and helpful.

i got a nero7 bundle with the purchases of LG burner

i have no problem so far

If the key code you have is for an OEM version with limited features, it probably won't make any difference if you download the latest version from the internet.

When installed, does it come up as Nero 7 Essentials(not full version)?

If it does, you'll get the same thing when you download the latest version from the internet, just an updated version. Unless you have a keycode for the full version.

Let us know.

If the key code you have is for an OEM version with limited features, it probably won't make any difference if you download the latest version from the internet.

If it does, you'll get the same thing when you download the latest version from the internet, just an updated version. Unless you have a keycode for the full version.

Let us know.

The Key/Reg code came with the OEM. Yes the installation is Nero 7 Essentials.

The latest e-mail from Nero quote:-

“Download the latest version of Nero 7 - then --

Click on the Nero logo in the upper left corner of the Nero StartSmart

window.

The Nero ProductSetup is being opened.

Click in the drop-down menu on the left side on the icon Licence and

afterwards on the button "add".

Enter your Nero 7 serial number into the input field and click on the button

"add"

The demo version is changed into the full version of Nero 7”

I have not tried it yet but to me it reads that I enter my “demo” key number to activate the full version.

D.D. :o

Let us know.

The Key/Reg code came with the OEM. Yes the installation is Nero 7 Essentials.

The latest e-mail from Nero quote:-

“Download the latest version of Nero 7 - then --

Click on the Nero logo in the upper left corner of the Nero StartSmart

window.

Click in the drop-down menu on the left side on the icon Licence and

afterwards on the button "add".

Enter your Nero 7 serial number into the input field and click on the button

"add"

The demo version is changed into the full version of Nero 7”

I have not tried it yet but to me it reads that I enter my “demo” key number to activate the full version.

D.D. :o

Interested to know if it makes a difference.

When you download and install the new version of Nero, the old licence stays on your computer. So you shouldn't need to add the licence again.

Secondly, they don't have a Demo version of Nero 7 on the website. It's a version without a licence. So it would automatically use your old licence when installed.

“Jiu-Jitsu” - My ADSL has been down for the last few days so not getting much done, some talk about it coming back after tomorrow. Even the dial-up is patchy so I’ll wait till its all back up and running again before downloading Nero7 and trying my Reg code. Will post results good or bad.

“emperor_tud” - I have tried other burners but have got used to Nero am too lazy to learn the new ones. I mainly use Nero for transcoding movies to burn and it does this just fine. Besides I like to get to the bottom of this just for the sake of furthering my knowledge.

“simcity” - How long have you had your Nero 7? It only starts the nags after the 30 day period.

D.D. :D:o:D

Thanks, some good information there. It is dissapointing that there is no indication on the Nero bundled CD as to which "flavour" you are getting.

The last time when I bought a Samsung burner I got the full Nero 6 so was a bit nift when the same was not with this last purchase.

Still no ADSL so am still waiting to download and use the "Full" version.

D.D.