Upholsterer

JSixpack

Anybody know of an uphosterer in Pattaya? Got a couple of chairs that need recovering. A simple job for simple chairs, basically a couple of big pads. I could find some cloth, or the upholsterer might have a selection.

''Mam Design 111/36-37 Moo 10, South Phatthaya Road Phattaya City, Chonburi 20260 ph.: 424-869 Mobile: 01-945-6717''.

Excellent work and low prices. Family business.

Situated just after the telephone company on South Pattaya Rd. heading toward Sukhumvit.

Tel 081 996 6938 and 086 309 8668. (these are the numbers I have ~ ask for Mam speaks OK English.

They are curtain designers and makers. Though they recovered two of my headboards recently for a very low fee.

Anybody know of an uphosterer in Pattaya? Got a couple of chairs that need recovering. A simple job for simple chairs, basically a couple of big pads. I could find some cloth, or the upholsterer might have a selection.

I recommend Asia Curtain....located on the right side of Soi-8, about 100-meters from Thepprasit Rd [Thepprasit is the next main road south

of South Pattaya Rd...and there is a 7-11 at the corner of Soi-8 and Thepprasit Rd.

I've know the owner (her name 'Soi') and her husband for 4-years. She's been making curtains for nearly 15-years, having previously worked in BKK

and later for Pattaya Design (where she was the only qualified person to make the silk curtains that are on the King's yacht!) before opening

her own small shop.

The quality of her work is unbeatable; her shop often subcontracted to makes the more exotic curtain designs for other area shops...and pricing is very competitive.

And yes, they will do upholstery recovering. They can provide covering material from inexpensive to exotic...the choice is yours.

The owner, 'Soi' speaks decent English. Phone 09-503-6335

Edited by LukDod

Thanks for your responses. I didn't even think of a curtain shop, but makes perfect sense (here, anyway) now that you mention it. The closest one to me is Nattaya Curtain at 272/5 Pattaya-Naklua Rd. (08-1457-7877) almost across from Soi Potisan. I used them some years ago and thought they were OK at that time. So I went there, picked out the cloth from a book, and they promised to do the whole job in 3 days for what seemed a very reasonable price. It's an easy job, so don't see how they can mess it up. If they do, I'll try one of the above highly recommended shops.

• 3 weeks later...

After seeing this thread, we tried Asia Curtain for recovering a bed sofa with new fabric. I can just confirm what LukDod said: Highly recommended! They came to our house the same evening we went there, brought fabric samples and took the sofa away. In about a week it was ready, great job and reasonable price. We will for sure use them again for more upholstery work, and also to make new curtains.

Don't be put off by the little shop, very unassuming, and you would not find this place on your own. But the owner Soi wants to keep it small.

This goes to show the value of TV fora, together we command a massive amount of knowledge and experience, and to share it is very powerful. Keep it up!