Wow, What A Dog!

Nienke

LADIES and GENTLEMEN!!!!! smiley25.gif

She's still here b0015.gif

Anyone interested?

Nienke

After getting permission of the Thaivisa bosses and adopting Buckweat's enthusiastic reaction and quote, here the first of many to follow (I hope):

Lucky Pet of The Month

In order to help increasing the adoption chances of dogs from Care for Dogs, at LuckyDogs Resort and Training Center we take approximately 1 dog per 2 months in Boarding and Training for free, where it will learn the basic obedience commands on lead, socialized with other dogs, people and environments and, when there is a behavioral problem, this will be addressed as well.

The Lucky Dog of this Month is Little Terry, a Thai mix female, medium sized with a beautiful red-brown half-long coat and is about 4 ½ to 5 months old. She is quite a sensitive dog and initially a little insecure when she meets strange people and dogs. The latter will be addressed during the period she is at LuckyDogs.

Among others, McG, Rachel and Chas have already met this lovely creature and saw how easily she can be 'bribed' with Tuskers' most delicious pork ribs. :o

Terry will stay with me for another month. If you are interested in Terry, please, contact me via PM, or for phone or email details click on Luckydogs or on the banner on top of the page.

Nienke

After getting permission of the Thaivisa bosses and adopting Buckweat's enthusiastic reaction and quote, here the first of many to follow (I hope):

Lucky Pet of The Month

In order to help increasing the adoption chances of dogs from Care for Dogs, at LuckyDogs Resort and Training Center we take approximately 1 dog per 2 months in Boarding and Training for free, where it will learn the basic obedience commands on lead, socialized with other dogs, people and environments and, when there is a behavioral problem, this will be addressed as well.

The Lucky Dog of this Month is Little Terry, a Thai mix female, medium sized with a beautiful red-brown half-long coat and is about 4 ½ to 5 months old. She is quite a sensitive dog and initially a little insecure when she meets strange people and dogs. The latter will be addressed during the period she is at LuckyDogs.

Among others, McG, Rachel and Chas have already met this lovely creature and saw how easily she can be 'bribed' with Tuskers' most delicious pork ribs. :D

Terry will stay with me for another month. If you are interested in Terry, please, contact me via PM, or for phone or email details click on Luckydogs or on the banner on top of the page.

Nienke

Nienke - Pet of the month is a FAB idea... So many dogs out there in need of a good home!

I can vouch for how gorgeous Terry is :D

If we could take another dog in, we would love to take her - but it's not possible a the moment :o I really hope someone on here can give her a good home....

What if the dog is adopted before the moth ends? Can you add a new dog? That way more dogs can get adopted :o

If that happens (and I hope it does) then we run the next ad in the pipe line:

"Free to good home West Coast beer hound answers to the name of "McGriffith". Is mostly housebroken but has a tendency to wander. Neutering will help to prevent this but at his advanced age may be detrimental to his health. Needs to be kept on a strict diet but will respond well to a disciplined hand. Mixes well with others but should be kept on a short lease and possibly a muzzle to keep him quiet. Loves his tummy rubbed. Persons interested in taking this poor hound off the streets can contact Rachael or Chas at Tuskers where McGriffith is known to curl up with a beer or six between sojourns to less reputable night spots."

:D

CB

What if the dog is adopted before the month ends? Can you add a new dog? That way more dogs can get adopted :D

That is exactly what we are hoping for. :D As soon as the dog is adopted I'll ask Karin from Care for Dogs to choose another one.

All dogs I've had till now have been adopted: Kira a black cocker and Coco a Thai female similar to Terry were adopted by customers of mine, and two others, Noi a Thai male and Jacky a dalmation male, were adopted after they went back to the shelter.

Just keep my fingers crossed (and use my manipulation talents :o) that Terry will get adopted soon as well.

Nienke

Good luck, Terry :D .

Good luck indeed, but I can't help thinking the suffering would be less if all dogs were sterilised before being sold. There are lots of markets selling these poor mites, only for the owners to lose interest when they grow older. With all the good will in the world 10 dogs a month wont stop this canine epidemic. :o

As Care for Dogs says it so beautifully: "Saving one dog won't change the world, but surely, the world will change for that one dog."

One can't change the life of all dogs, but one certainly can change the life of one.

It's just how you look at it: is the glass half empty or half full? :o

Nienke

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the compliment, uptheos :o

There ARE more people who do a great deal for the strays.

Just to think of the wonderul people of Care for Dogs:

Karin one of the founders

Ally (allyt Thaivisa member and founder) who has worked her guts out, pretty much day and night

Sarah who is doing exactly that, now

Jill who has moved out from her house (temporarily) in order to be able to take care of three kittens of Care for Dogs as she couldn't do that at home because of the dogs.

And all the other volunteers at Care for Dogs.

Then there are the volunteers of Lanna Dog Rescue:

Roshan, the founder

Dr. Wilaiwan, founder.

Monica and John

Naigreg (Thaivisa member)

and all their volunteers.

A big thumb up to Khun Sanya, who devotes loads of his valuable time as a lawyer for the improvement of the well-being of the animals.

Two days ago I met a wonderful Thai adjan who has taking in 40 stray dogs. 2-3 years ago I met another Thai lady who had taken in over 70 dogs and next to that was feeding more at several spots in the city. And there are many Thai people who feed the strays in their neighborhood every day.

Unfortunately, it is still not enough as people still allow their animals on the streets, in tact, and many strays haven't been altered as well. Pups and adult dogs are abandoned or dumped in the tempels or else where. Not even to mention the several dogs that are living under horrible circumstances, completely neglected by their care-takers.

Anyway, we are doing the best we can, everybody his/her own little bit. :D And if anyone is willing to reach out a helping hand, whether that is volunteering, money, equipment, blankets (it's getting colder) etc. donations or sponsering a dog at the shelter, a fence, bricks for building a quarantine area, kennels or the like, please, don't hesitate to do so.

They can be reached at:

www.carefordogs.org and www.lannadog.net

Terry, btw, enjoys the training sessions.

Nienke