Clinic For Health Form For Driver's License Application

ricklev

Yes, absolutely any clinic or hospital will do. Pick one that's convenient relative to where you are, and is cheap and not busy.

I always pick Mor Wong hospital because absolutely noone in their right mind goes there and via statement takes 5 minutes and 50 baht.

But really, take your pick. Ram would be the worst choice for this, long wait, high fee.

Cheers,

The Emperor of Sanpatong :o

My experience has been that the shop house clinics are the fastest and easiest becasue there is no paperwork other than the form. The hospitals have an annoying application type form. I thought there might be a clinic near the license place making some money on the process. No big deal really. Thanks for your responses.

Yes, absolutely any clinic or hospital will do. Pick one that's convenient relative to where you are, and is cheap and not busy.

I always pick Mor Wong hospital because absolutely noone in their right mind goes there and via statement takes 5 minutes and 50 baht.

But really, take your pick. Ram would be the worst choice for this, long wait, high fee.

Cheers,

The Emperor of Sanpatong :o

I don't know if I would characterize Ram as the worst choice, for this test. I just pulled the receipt from my files- on Jan 2, 2007 I paid a whopping 100 B. Went to main information desk on ground floor, they sent me to 5th floor (I think) where I said "medical exam for drivers licence". In 5 minutes I was in a cubicle with a rather cute female doctor, who did a thorough exam The whole thing was done, including the document needed for the licence, in 30 minutes.

BTW, I go to Maharaj (Suan Dok) for all my major medical exams, etc.- I'm not particularly a fan of Ram, but in this instance Ram did a fast, cheap, competent and efficient job..... :D

mcg, not to disagree, except to say that 100 baht is not cheap, but nothing at Chiang Mai Ram is cheap (inexpensive). I think the standard fee at almost all the shophouse clinics is 40 or 50 baht, and you surely don't need a 'thorough' exam for that license. I got mine last year at Chang Puak Hospital from the nice Sikh doctor there.

there's a clinic on the hang dong road on the left as you head towards the driver licence place. Just before TESCOs. I think I paid 40 baht a couple of years ago and a quick check of the pulse and they certified I was HIV negative, didn't have leprosy nor a heart condition. I love Thailand.

mcg, not to disagree, except to say that 100 baht is not cheap, but nothing at Chiang Mai Ram is cheap (inexpensive). I think the standard fee at almost all the shophouse clinics is 40 or 50 baht, and you surely don't need a 'thorough' exam for that license. I got mine last year at Chang Puak Hospital from the nice Sikh doctor there.

But PB, the cute doctor asked me to remove my shirt, recline on the exam table, and then proceeded to palpate my entire abdominal region, for what purpose I have no idea- looking for tumors, perhaps? Did wonders for my regularity, and was well worth the 50 B premium.... :o