Reasons For Deportation?

Kf6vci

Hi All,

as a former banker with a finance background, this is deeply shameful and an all time low in my life. I hate cash - so I spent it all and then tried to get more with my HSBC MC. "Call issuing bank" - I did that - and was told, that's it. So I missed the check out deadline at the hotel and went to the bank again. the same!

I feared to return empty handed. - And didn't. So I haven't showered in 29 hours and am pennyless. Technically, I still have money in the bank though.

1.) The Tourist Police wouldn't let me make any calls - I hoped for the Embassy (had e-mailed them) or the bank (collect? Had a new mobile phone as collateral for paying the maybe 8 min a 7 Baht call). 2.) Other banks either. 3.) My flight to L.A. departs on the 19th and I wait for a 2nd passport with a VISA to be mailed to this hotel (Little Court, Soi Buakhao, 160 Baht/night).

I don't dream of even trying to tell this tale of stupidity and recklessness to them - I'm a landlord and know the tales :-)

Is there anything you would suggest? I'm fat, so going a few days without food will do me good. but otherwise, I'm nearly despairing. ** Is it Friday the 13th? Is jail in my future? This is scary! I never imagined I would have this kind of an issue!!!

definate case of Pattayaitous - next symptoms are jumping off high floor of condo building with hands tied behind your back and a plastic bag over your face.

But hehe, at least you get a free ride home (but alas no food or option to watch the movie :o

Did you inform your credit card issuer that you intended to use your mastercard in thailand?

I know that with all the credit card fraud around these days that a lot of credit card issuers monitor usage and anything outside the normal spending pattern will automatically flag your card as blocked. If your usually spending your money (via your mastercard) in, lets say, Central london and all of a sudden your card is used in singapore, the banks (for your safety) block the card.

But being a former banker, you should know this already, no?

Did you inform your credit card issuer that you intended to use your mastercard in thailand?

I know that with all the credit card fraud around these days that a lot of credit card issuers monitor usage and anything outside the normal spending pattern will automatically flag your card as blocked. If your usually spending your money (via your mastercard) in, lets say, Central london and all of a sudden your card is used in singapore, the banks (for your safety) block the card.

But being a former banker, you should know this already, no?

Your post is true up to the point of "for your safety". It is for the bank as they are responsible for fraudulent charges. Do you work for a bank? :D

He needs to contact hotel and work with them. They are going to receive another passport and you can be sure his name will be in police computers then - if not already. It may only take another telephone call to get back on track - don't blow it.

But not clear how he is paying for internet service with no money. :o

Hi All,

as a former banker with a finance background, this is deeply shameful and an all time low in my life. I hate cash - so I spent it all and then tried to get more with my HSBC MC. "Call issuing bank" - I did that - and was told, that's it. So I missed the check out deadline at the hotel and went to the bank again. the same!

I feared to return empty handed. - And didn't. So I haven't showered in 29 hours and am pennyless. Technically, I still have money in the bank though.

1.) The Tourist Police wouldn't let me make any calls - I hoped for the Embassy (had e-mailed them) or the bank (collect? Had a new mobile phone as collateral for paying the maybe 8 min a 7 Baht call). 2.) Other banks either. 3.) My flight to L.A. departs on the 19th and I wait for a 2nd passport with a VISA to be mailed to this hotel (Little Court, Soi Buakhao, 160 Baht/night).

I don't dream of even trying to tell this tale of stupidity and recklessness to them - I'm a landlord and know the tales :-)

Is there anything you would suggest? I'm fat, so going a few days without food will do me good. but otherwise, I'm nearly despairing. ** Is it Friday the 13th? Is jail in my future? This is scary! I never imagined I would have this kind of an issue!!!

This just come to my mind when reading your post:

1) You have money for Email but you can not spend 10 baht for a phone call to your Embassy to let them know where you are and call you back?

2) The Tourist Polcie is rather helpful in most cases, they must have a serious doubt on your story if they deny you help

3) The Hotel will not make big problem if it was just one or two days of open payments, they would rather let you stay where they can control you and let you wait for your card replacement.

4) If you got a new mobile phone, why you don't just go and sell it in one of the thousends of shops?

5) Don't you have any valuables on hand (camera, watch, ring,...)

Sorry to say it but to me it is very hard to believe that this story is actuall true. But just in case that it is true and you need me to call someone for you (inside thailand - like your embassy emergceny hotline), PM me the details (i can find any number in thailand with 1113) and I will call them for you.

shellman

Thailand has so many pawn shops. He mentioned a new phone he has. As a former banker I suspect he might be pretty good off so probably has a nice watch and maybe even a good camera or some jewelry. Pretty easy to pawn those items.

If this is for real then I am sorry but I would bet my money that this is a TROLL

TROLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would of thought the same but having read all the guys posts he seems genuine enough.............just cant believe someone would let themselves get in this predicament.....somethings just not quite right. :o

Agree that his posting history information fits with the callsign so do not feel this is a normal troll post. Can only hope that he can get it together.

Hi All,

"As a former banker... bla bla

"I'm a landlord and know the tales".....bla bla bla

"I wait for a 2nd passport with a VISA to be mailed to this hotel (Little Court, Soi Buakhao, 160 Baht/night)."

ha ha ha!!!!!!! :o Call yourself Dr. and get a job as moderator on this board, you're a sure loser with a lot of fantasy..

Go home and stay home, Thailand doesn't need losers like you.

You're welcome!

Is jail in my future? This is scary! I never imagined I would have this kind of an issue!!!

Let's hope so! :o We don't like people who can not pay their bills in Thailand! There are always farang visitors, who will tell you tales of soi cowboy from people who can pay their bills. That'll give you something to dream about, all that losers deserve! :D

:D

Suspicious !!!!

If this chap has internet access, why can he not e-mail his bank/credit card company, go to his own embassy for assistance, or pawn his mobile telephone. I find it strange that an ex-banker does not have contact with friends that could assist, is he an ex-banjer because he was found with his fingers in the till?

Has anyone given up their own time to travel down to Little Court, Soi Buakhao? I very much doubt it!

:D and his band of men :D-_-:D:wub::o:(

Absolutely, happened to me twice with VISA,

What's worse is they didn't just freeze the acct but closed it until I responded. They then generated a new acct, which entails a new card.

Giving them a heads up that your going to be out of country is still no guarantee but it helps. :o

:D Well, there you go, mate. Thats all the sympathy you will get from this lot. I wouldn't like to be in your shoes depending on help from those who are secure in their own little existances. The cries would be unmerciful if they were in the same boat. I thought this forum was for ex-pats to help each other.

Perhaps I am niave, but better that than to be as cynical as some of these replies. Shame on you! :o

Hi All,

:o maybe he's better off being deported ... bwahahahaha :D

Hi All,

:o maybe he's better off being deported ... bwahahahaha :D

:D Something fishy going on here!!!! no money? no passport? useless credit card? Hmmmmmm :D

Agree that his posting history information fits with the callsign so do not feel this is a normal troll post. Can only hope that he can get it together.

I also think it's a Troll.

The pointless Bargirl threads have been done to death time and time again.

Trolls have to think of new ways to get responses. A fat banker in Pattaya that is skint seems to be doing just that.

Fat Banker I said! :o

Hi All,

I am not a "banker" but I work 10 hours a day in a low paid job, I've been travelling all over the world and so many times in Asia without letting my bank know where I was going to use my credit card, never had any problem. The first time I landed in Bangkok I overspent and got my visa stopped but with a phone call my bank raised my credit limit and the only thing they asked was that on my return I had to pay the difference in order to get back to my original credit limit.

This fat banker does sound like a troll considering that every cheap hotel I have been normally asked me to settle the bill whenever it reached 10.000 bath or so.