96fm Vs 105fm Vs 103fm

wcr

DJC - You are very defensive. I didn't see anyone having a pop at you, only the station.

I actually think that 103 has a good opportunity here. They were the first station to play in Pattaya speaking English. They now have two good quality competitors.

If I was Anna (owner of 103FM) I would get an investor in to allow the station to develop. Take the best of the two new stations, (music on 105, professional ads and announcements on 96) add them to what she is presently doing and keep some DJ's. Upgrade her equipment and get some competitive ad rates in place she could do well. There are plenty of people out there prepared to advertise on the radio as has been proven by the 2 newcomers.

Apologies to anyone I have upset, (you included WCR). I am the only person who provides a live English speaking daily show, I have tried to make it interesting and fun,and it is always evolving, we now have LOL where a comedy clip is played twice a show (today it was Monty Pythons), I have now been doing this breakfast show on PBR 103fm for 18 months now, I do provide up to the minute news straight from the net every hour unlike the other two which are pre-recorded so are not up to the minute. I am the only person to play two hours of solid rock music every week on Friday, Also I play the number one hit in the UK charts, along with other hits in the UK charts.

I keep the ads down to a minimum of 5 mins in every half hour. I am also the only western show in Pattaya to provide instant requests, when you call! Its Valentines day soon so feel free to send requests for love songs for whomever? Finally as you say it would be great if we could get the backing of a good investor, and we could invest in some new equipment, and media coverage, as I have said before, the competition already has this covered with their own different mediums,all over Pattaya.

DJC

Edited by clivemh

Finally as you say it would be great if we could get the backing of a good investor, and we could invest in some new equipment, and media coverage, as I have said before, the competition already has this covered with their own different mediums,all over Pattaya.

DJC

Well as for advertising 103 is a Bartercard member. Anna should be using her Barter Baht to place ads in the local media. Also, 96 is very big on doing Barter deals and that brings in cash clients also. I have a direct barter deal with 96FM where I give him a page of advertising in my magazine and in return he gives me air time for my graphic design company. A win win for both of us.

Of course the other two promote themselves within their own publications or TV stations.

103 has always been poor at publicising itself. Maybe the Thai mentality coming through where they expect clients to just walk in the door? I am not telling her how to run her station, but lets just say if I owned it I'd be out attending functions promoting the station and spending some of the advertising revenue on promoting the station. Also it is bloody difficult to rely on volunteers to be DJ's. IMO the station doesn't have an identity of its own either. Either be English 100% or don't. 103 states its an English station yet most of the DJ's speak Thai, with a smattering of pidgin English thrown in. It's a turn off for me, and many others I would guess.

With respect DJC, your morning show won't make the station.

• 2 weeks later...