Two Contradicting Stereotypes Of Thais

TonyLeung

I have noticed that there are many farang in Thailand who believe the following:

Thai women are more feminine than farang women. They are kinder and make better long term partners.

and

Thai men are very bad. They do not treat Thai women fairly. They are selfish and do not make good long term partners.

---

Having these two beliefs seems contradicting to me. If Thai men are so bad, and they make up 50% of Thai society, than why are Thai women so good? Aren't Thai women a product of Thai men, and vice versa?

I think the most contradicting stereotype of Thais is that they are great lovers. Excluding those Thais in the sex industry, my experience is that the average Thai is a very overrated lover. The typical Thai woman doesn't like oral sex and they are not great kissers. The complaint I have heard about Thai men is that foreplay to them is getting undressed. I am happy to report that Thais are excellent students, however, who enthusiastically practice what they are taught. :o

One of my best friends is a Thai man who is generous and considerate to the core.

The most violent and selfish person I ever met was my ex Thai wife.

Where did I go wrong?

-------------------

You married a Thai woman, like I did... :o

I think the most contradicting stereotype of Thais is that they are great lovers. Excluding those Thais in the sex industry, my experience is that the average Thai is a very overrated lover. The typical Thai woman doesn't like oral sex and they are not great kissers. The complaint I have heard about Thai men is that foreplay to them is getting undressed. I am happy to report that Thais are excellent students, however, who enthusiastically practice what they are taught. :D

I also thought that was foreplay--and now you are telling me it isn't ?--guess I still have a lot to learn!!! :o

I think the most contradicting stereotype of Thais is that they are great lovers. Excluding those Thais in the sex industry, my experience is that the average Thai is a very overrated lover. The typical Thai woman doesn't like oral sex and they are not great kissers. The complaint I have heard about Thai men is that foreplay to them is getting undressed. I am happy to report that Thais are excellent students, however, who enthusiastically practice what they are taught. :D

I also thought that was foreplay--and now you are telling me it isn't ?--guess I still have a lot to learn!!! :o

:D

That's a cultural thing FP - they are brought up thinking it's no good to kiss or do the other thing you mentioned. In BKK it's a bit more liberal now but not in the sticks

My point exactly Seonai. It is a cultural thing. But as I mentioned, Thais are good students. Practice, practice, practice.

One of my best friends is a Thai man who is generous and considerate to the core.

The most violent and selfish person I ever met was my ex Thai wife.

Where did I go wrong?

your sexuality??

Does it matter? :D

Yes, I've heard the stereotypes too.... anyone who has ever posted on Thai Visa for any period of time longer than about 3 days has heard them all.... :o

Stereotyping.

That aside, it's all due to the balance. At an earlier age, teens to late 20s, maybe early 30s, females are dominant over males. It's not uncommon for a female to be running 5-10 giks who fall over themselves to please her. After all, she's a pretty young thing, and they all want to get in on the action.

Later on, they realise that just playing around doesn't lead to much stability in life. The situation reverses. There are more females than 'eligible' males. Eligible in this case meaning stable job, decent income etc. Enough to start a family with. The females suddenly realise that they have to be extra nice and as feminine as possible. They give their man everything he wants, just as how previously the men would be lining up to give them whatever they wanted,; just to hold on to them men in an attempt to keep them from going astray, or entirely running amok and disappearing with another woman.

The males, vindictive (consciously or unconsciously) of their previous experience, bask in the newfound freedom and joys of being wanted start to behave as they please. The dam breaks, as it were; akin to how if a person were restricted from certain joy would rush out an indulge the very moment he is able.

Aren't Thai women a product of Thai men, and vice versa?

Yes.

(Note: This is in respect to the average middle to upper-class person in/from Bangkok. I have no clue how it goes in other provinces.)

Edited by Dissolution

I have noticed that there are many farang in Thailand who believe the following:

Thai women are more feminine than farang women. They are kinder and make better long term partners.

and

Thai men are very bad. They do not treat Thai women fairly. They are selfish and do not make good long term partners.

---

Having these two beliefs seems contradicting to me. If Thai men are so bad, and they make up 50% of Thai society, than why are Thai women so good? Aren't Thai women a product of Thai men, and vice versa?

Yes, they are contradicting.

But it seems that the majority of male visiters to this country actually believe in this during their first period here.

I did too. Only because I was told so by both farangs and female Thais.

But then time goes by and we see something different.

they are brought up thinking it's no good to kiss or do the other thing you mentioned.
and the whole kissing thing was weird but we've worked out the rest

Talk about editing a set of quotes to make it sound nothing like it was meant :o I should be in the media :D

Sorry

Moss

Edited by Mossfinn

and

---

Not saying I agree with the stereotyping.

But I don't see any contradiction at all. Highly possible one compensates for the other to create balance. Opposites attract.. yin and ying, no light without darkness etc

IMHO Every country men and women are under same category, and sort of well deserve each other.. thai men & women are extremely similar, this is where white suckers "come to the rescue" thai men had enough time to get it in their blood to 'crack' their women, when fresh off the boat westerners gets charmed & beleives the lie, thats where they get it wrong, oh so wrong , learn thai male mindset instead , apply it & enjoy life to the fullest :o

...more info on yr experience with thai gurls and oral sex pleese!

can we discuss this topice like the adults we are ?

No. Please, no details. It’s not about being adults. When you and everybody else signed up with ThaiVisa you agreed to abide by the forum rules, and one of these rules is:

1) You will not use thaivisa.com to post any material which is knowingly or can be reasonably construed as... sexually oriented...

If it is sex you want to discuss, I am sure you will find other forums dedicated to this subject.

--

Maestro