Baht buses and bahtbus-type Taxis Already Raised Their Fares ?

peacemakers

10 baht is more than a fair price for the driver to make a baht

I am sure you have done a detailed analysis to substaniate this statement.

Yes, I have. You can also, it is that simple. Just get an average time to go around the loop to determint the loops per day x an average load x 10 baht. Even you can do it :o

Please share your results (details), I'm just dying to know. Seriously, as a financial analyst by profession, your logic is flawed but it was certainly good for a chuckle.

If the logic is flawed please detail how you made this conclusion. Obviously, with flawed logic, no financial analysis can ensue.

As for financial analyst as a profession, I'll do my own financial analysis thanks. Financial analysts are basically self proclaimed knowitalls wanabee engineering and math majors. Many couldn't even balance a checkbook.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have in the past when very bored one afternoon, sat down and played with some numbers for the profitability or otherwise of bus drivers in Pattaya. It does not need me, a risk analyst, nor a financial analyst, to see that they earn substancially above their "pay grade" if they are even prepared to do the basic routing job.

Agreed, they are already overpaid.

Any sod (well almost any) can do the calculation.

The day has come. This is going to be interesting. So when they raise the Thai price, here comes some new fireworks over the farang price. I think under law these fares need to be strictly regulated, the same for everyone. Enough of the race based pricing. This price rise time is a good time for Pattaya transport to start to grow up.

Here's a good one.. How many Thais can you fit into a baht bus..?

Actually.. ingenious idea! One side of the bus could have a 10 bht enterance.. the other a 5 bht enterance which consequently is half the width of the 10 bht side.. there you go, you cant argue with that! If you can fit into the 5 bht side you can travel for 5 bht.. everyones happy!

Wont work !

post-41326-1194621643_thumb.jpg

These topics should NOT have been merged. Too totally separate transport systems. There is NO relation whatsoever to the baht buses and the trucks that are stationed at some markets like Tesco. Silly!

Both topics were discussing various taxi fares for various vehicles and similar posts were made in each thread that is why they were merged. This topic title has now been ammended slightly to include baht buses.

Prices are going to go up folks. These 5-10 baht discussions are going to be looking very quaint soon!

Thai people now pay the same as foreigners. Soon as permitted by the land transport office foreigners will be paying 15 baht.

Barry

Bullxhit :o

Edited by plasticpig

When was it 1baht for a baht bus ride in Pattaya,, do tell ?

Now that's like asking thaipete how old he is. But I remember 1 baht taxi rides too. That was back when they had great big 1 baht coins as well.

Edited by NanLaew

Prices are going to go up folks. These 5-10 baht discussions are going to be looking very quaint soon!

I agree. On 13 AUG 2007, I went to hear a Swiss financial expert, Dr Mark Faber, expert explaining why the price of oil will go up to SIXTY DOILLARS a barrel from , I think, 48. We all laughed at him..... Now it is ninety - yes, even HE had is WRONG.

When I bought my truck, Diesel was 6.99 per litre. Now see the price. I happily pay 10 Baht a trip, but not more.

Most of you forgot that either City Hall or Land Transport insisted that the route fare chart to be displayed in the Baht Bus. Zone 1 (Pattaya central and north - Walking street to Dolphin) was 60 baht for up to 5 people. The other day I offered 60 baht to go from Second Road / Pattaya Tai to Buffalo Bar, Third Road. He refused and demanded 100 Baht. I got an empty moving bus to do it for 80 Baht but no lower. Before they would do it for 50 baht!

They say in Phuket that the TukTuk will not start his engine for less than 100 Baht!

When was it 1baht for a baht bus ride in Pattaya,, do tell ?

Now that's like asking thaipete how old he is. But I remember 1 baht taxi rides too. That was back when they had great big 1 baht coins as well.

Can you tell us the date of the 1 baht rides in Pattaya?

did it ever go to, two baht, three, ect?

When was the baht bus first used as a service in Pattaya?

Thanks. :o

Can you tell us the date of the 1 baht rides in Pattaya?

Available in 1978

did it ever go to, two baht, three, ect?

5 was the next increment I think.

When was the baht bus first used as a service in Pattaya?

They were here in 1978. Anyone other fossils about with prior knowledge?