Lest We Forget

Kan Win

they all did die needlessly.

every day is good to learn from history and not to make mistakes again - we have only one life and dying or killing workers who speak a foreign language in the interest of the ruling class and industrialists (as is the case with every single war) and not in advancing interests of your own class is a waste of our life.

the first world war (the end of which we remember today) is a classic example of a colonial and imperialist war where there was no any other reason than economical interests.

Today is neither the time nor the place to debate the rights and wrongs of war.

We should just spend long enough to remember and respect those that went to war and fought, for what at the time was thought to be the right thing.

No one should forget.

every day is good to learn from history and not to make mistakes again - we have only one life and dying or killing workers who speak a foreign language in the interest of the ruling class and industrialists (as is the case with every single war) and not in advancing interests of your own class is a waste of our life.

the first world war (the end of which we remember today) is a classic example of a colonial and imperialist war where there was no any other reason than economical interests.

Spoken like a true first year know-it-all university student. Can't you can the sanctimonious lectures for one bloody day while we honour some dead relatives and friends? Can you piss off and get over yourself for that long?

and you are the 'i know all about better because i am a soldier', right?

all what londonthai ask was to wear some 'white poppies for peace' whats wrong with that?

if you and the others insist it's your topic and white poppies wearing londonthai have to piss off -keep in mind this is thailand related forum in the first place and with a lot of international user from various cultural background. english is just the lingua franca we use here, but it's not about commonwealth culture. differences english native speaker often tend to forget or not to cognize.

so maybe londonthais comments have no place here in this thread, but than has this thread no place in this forum.

and londonthai have a point, if you need a special single day to pay some tribute and honour the dead soldiers then you are the sanctimonious, hypocritical one.

and yes, so you need that lesson on your very special day. keep in mind every day - war is sh_t.

peace

Please, Go look at the war graves in Thailand before placing fingers on keyboard.

With great honour I took my Fathers place at the British Legion parade to commemorate the sacrifices made by his generation so that we now have our freedom.

Remember the people who died to give YOU the freedom to place fingers on key & write what you believe.

The red poppy is symbolic of the poppies on Flanders that appeared after.

I WILL REMEMBER

I WILL NOT FORGET

enjoy your freedom,

Regards

:o

Spoken like a true first year know-it-all university student. Can't you can the sanctimonious lectures for one bloody day while we honour some dead relatives and friends? Can you piss off and get over yourself for that long?

all what londonthai ask was to wear some 'white poppies for peace' whats wrong with that?

if you and the others insist it's your topic and white poppies wearing londonthai have to piss off -keep in mind this is thailand related forum in the first place and with a lot of international user from various cultural background. english is just the lingua franca we use here, but it's not about commonwealth culture. differences english native speaker often tend to forget or not to cognize.

so maybe londonthais comments have no place here in this thread, but than has this thread no place in this forum.

and londonthai have a point, if you need a special single day to pay some tribute and honour the dead soldiers then you are the sanctimonious, hypocritical one.

and yes, so you need that lesson on your very special day. keep in mind every day - war is sh_t.

peace

A few photos of the ceremonies today for those unable to attend:

Fairly large crowd, with representatives from Canadian, American, British, Australian, Polish, and other veteran's groups.

post-7151-1194822896_thumb.jpg

Very few WWII vets marching these days. Only a single WWI vet from Canada still alive.

post-7151-1194822879_thumb.jpg

No shortage of Afghan veterans though.

post-7151-1194823301_thumb.jpg

British veterans were well represented.

post-7151-1194822937_thumb.jpg

A large Australian contingent was visible due to HMAS Sydney being docked a few kilometres away.

post-7151-1194822918_thumb.jpg

Thank you both. :o

post-7151-1194823316_thumb.jpg

Edited by cdnvic

peace

I think that the very idea of 'Rememberance Day' is beyond your understanding and as a mark of respect you should keep your comments for another time and leave those who do understand to their thoughts and reflections.

Try using this time to read all you can on the subject after all ignorance is no excuse.

This year at Chungkai cemetery, Kanchanaburi. A group of up country ex-pats & Pattaya lads go every year. I have included some pics of the Australian service at Hellfire pass too

My unit lost 3 men in one night in Belfast. I always remember May 1st and those lads.

post-44176-1195055465_thumb.jpgpost-44176-1195054228_thumb.jpgpost-44176-1195055134_thumb.jpg

post-44176-1195055670_thumb.jpg

Edited by phutoie2