Jetski But Bring Loads Of Money

rocky123

If you desire to hire one check out the condition, note the number, ask if its insured? In my experience none of the jetski in Pattaya are insured. If there is any damage on it do not hire it....if you do you will regret it later.

And thats a promise you can take to the bank. :o

Although caution is highly advised, you've exaggerated the situation somewhat.

^^ well had it tried on me - I laffed at the lad and stood there for 15min w/4 my mates and basically told him to <deleted> off. He backed off and decided to find some other mug to try their scam on.

The Form they make you fill out, advice not using real name or giving the real address of where you are staying at.

I've never been asked to fill out a form when hiring a jetski. If they asked me to do this, I'd just move on.

Ye Edwardandtubs you are right, there must be a missunderstanding, they are lovly blokes and would go out of there way to help you. Never would they try to screw you. You either own a jetski operation or be one of the lucky ones. They will screw you given half a chance.

Ye Edwardandtubs you are right, there must be a missunderstanding, they are lovly blokes and would go out of there way to help you. Never would they try to screw you. You either own a jetski operation or be one of the lucky ones. They will screw you given half a chance.

Yes. They will. Not at all like the ice-cream or coke or hot dog vendors in NY or London.

:o

I have read some of your posts.

One post you are here 2+ years.....the next day post you are here for 3. Fair enough.

You spend ALL of your time on Pattaya beach. Enough said.

You have nothing better to do but INSPECT all of the jet-ski,s for the SMALLEST scratches and then post about how unsuspecting tourists have to pay........"thousands" for that.

I quote

" So annoying see many jetski cons in Pattaya every day. Today on the beech for 3 hours next to a jetski and its guardian/mafia minder. Not one punter in 3 hrs or more just him joyriding. 5.15 pm and an American and his tilac took to the waves. I said in jest to my girlfreind, " wonder how much this is going to cost the guy " she went mad, not good to talk like this she said. Anyway cut to the chase 10,000 was asked for a small scratch that the yank did not do,"

You know he did not do a small scratch of course because quite rightly............as our guardian of UK TOURISM...............you INSPECTED said jet-ski for SMALL scratches beforehand.

" BEECH" is a TREE.

( previous posts from yourself )

Mmmmmmm................120k for a house in the UK? Maybe that would buy a GARAGE in London. I,m guessing its for a tatty 2 bed terrace in deepest darkest Doncaster. Sell it. Your rental return is less than what the Nationwide would give you on 120k in a savings plan, considering all the forecasts ( so far ) are for ZERO growth in the housing market next year.

Other famous quotes from yourself :-

American and his tilac = Known for less than 12 hours?

to my girlfreind = Known for +12 hours. :o

Edited by Manchester

So annoying see many jetski cons in Pattaya every day. Today on the beech for 3 hours next to a jetski and its guardian/mafia minder. Not one punter in 3 hrs or more just him joyriding. 5.15 pm and an American and his tilac took to the waves. I said in jest to my girlfreind, " wonder how much this is going to cost the guy " she went mad, not good to talk like this she said. Anyway cut to the chase 10,000 was asked for a small scratch that the yank did not do, I was watching him, he said "call the cops Im not paying and after an hour, off they went to the freindly arbertrators at soi 9, I told him to settle there on the beach as my buddies had the same happen, as I reported here on this site. It ended up costing them 80,000 at the cop shop. So sad this is killing the tourist trade. :o

I went to the beach yesterday (Pattaya - in front of Big Ben Restaurant area) with my Thai girlfriend, she likes to use the jetskis and knows how to drive them. To cut to the chase, she bargained the price down to B700 for 30 minutes (standard price was B800). She spun around on it for the alloted time and we paid the money and she had a great time. No problems.

I did notice that this service is very popular with young and older tourists alike. The jetskis were constantly being taken out. I did notice that at the start of each rental, the minders reviewed the condition of the jetski with the customer, pointing out any pre-existing marks/scratches. Seemed to me that they were attempting to run a "clean" operation.

So annoying see many jetski cons in Pattaya every day. Today on the beech for 3 hours next to a jetski and its guardian/mafia minder. Not one punter in 3 hrs or more just him joyriding. 5.15 pm and an American and his tilac took to the waves. I said in jest to my girlfreind, " wonder how much this is going to cost the guy " she went mad, not good to talk like this she said. Anyway cut to the chase 10,000 was asked for a small scratch that the yank did not do, I was watching him, he said "call the cops Im not paying and after an hour, off they went to the freindly arbertrators at soi 9, I told him to settle there on the beach as my buddies had the same happen, as I reported here on this site. It ended up costing them 80,000 at the cop shop. So sad this is killing the tourist trade. :o

I went to the beach yesterday (Pattaya - in front of Big Ben Restaurant area) with my Thai girlfriend, she likes to use the jetskis and knows how to drive them. To cut to the chase, she bargained the price down to B700 for 30 minutes (standard price was B800). She spun around on it for the alloted time and we paid the money and she had a great time. No problems.

I did notice that this service is very popular with young and older tourists alike. The jetskis were constantly being taken out. I did notice that at the start of each rental, the minders reviewed the condition of the jetski with the customer, pointing out any pre-existing marks/scratches. Seemed to me that they were attempting to run a "clean" operation.

Well if thats true they must be one of the few! Credit where credit is due.

Sorry if my spelin is rong buddy maybe not as educatade as your highness. I have put the threds on this site to warm people of the hazards and hastles they may come across, nothing against free trade but hate to see people on holiday with maybe a tight budget getting ripped off, sorry if you find this offensive just my observations. If you want to get technical about my stay I came to live here May 2005, so up yours buddy.

Sorry if my spelin is rong buddy maybe not as educatade as your highness. I have put the threds on this site to warm people of the hazards and hastles they may come across, nothing against free trade but hate to see people on holiday with maybe a tight budget getting ripped off, sorry if you find this offensive just my observations. If you want to get technical about my stay I came to live here May 2005, so up yours buddy.

I rented a jetski yesterday from a young thai lad around pattaya beach and soi 13. No forms, checked for damages very briefly (there were 2 existing crash marks), got instructions, and off I went. If they only told me not to jump waves, my backs still in big pain but other than that, it was a good experience and they tell you to stay away from the swimming areas so theres no danger involved. I guess I could have got lucky. Maybe it's cause I paid the last 700 baht that was in my pocket and didn't show that I had wads of cash. I guess jetskiing is like poker, don't show weekness.

Anyone else throw off there back from jetskiing? How long did it take to heal?

I don't know where all these jetski mafia thugs are because all I've ever seen is people enjoying themselves.

I don't know where all these 'baht bus mafia thugs' are either because all I've ever seen is people getting on, riding, getting off and paying and walking away.

So sad this is killing the tourist trade. :o

will take a lot more than that to kill the trade. got to be careful in LOS. Hard lesson for the white guy, but when you do business with a low life bottom of the barrel pattaya hustler, what else can you expect? Was the tilac a chicken form one of the bars? Jet ski owner knew exactly how to put him together.

This afternoon on Dongtan beach, a muppet on a jetski ran into one of the Thai national windsurfing team practising for the SEA games. Luckily the windsurfer jumped off just before the impact; but a brand new 90,000 baht windsurfing board, purchased by the national team for the SEA games, was destroyed. Muppet was last seen accompanying the police to the station for a discussion on compensation. Sadly, the jetski sustained very little damage.

Jetski(s) are brilliant fun. Just the wanke_rs that drive some of them that are the problem. :o

How would a non-wa*** make it quiet and exhaust free?

Anyone riding it on a beach is a sad <deleted>.

They should be banned and moved to some industrial area where there are no beaches and nobody to disturb or even kill.

Just look how many there are next to Pattaya Water Park. The breeze from the sea brings their fumes to where kids are meant to enjoy safety and fresh air.

Agreed. It's the Falang mugs who hire jet-skis that are the problem. If everyone ignored the jet-ski parasites they would eventually p*ss off and leave the beaches in peace.

Jetski(s) are brilliant fun. Just the wanke_rs that drive some of them that are the problem. :o

How would a non-wa*** make it quiet and exhaust free?

Anyone riding it on a beach is a sad <deleted>.

They should be banned and moved to some industrial area where there are no beaches and nobody to disturb or even kill.

Just look how many there are next to Pattaya Water Park. The breeze from the sea brings their fumes to where kids are meant to enjoy safety and fresh air.

Agreed. It's the Falang mugs who hire jet-skis that are the problem. If everyone ignored the jet-ski parasites they would eventually p*ss off and leave the beaches in peace.

They are not in it to offer pleasure.......but pain! :D

• 1 year later...
80,000baht for jetski damage? i paid 38,000baht for a brand new Yamaha motorbike! how much are new jetskis?

Well according to the infamous JJ from the 'Big trouble in tourist Thailand' series they are 1.6 million Baht. They are charging around 1500 Baht and hour, so no wonder they try to pump up the charges through damages, otherwise it would take eons to get the payback. Following all the worldwide bad press regarding Thailand and jet ski's I am utterley amazed that anyone would even contemplate hiring one???

Cheers, Rick

80,000baht for jetski damage? i paid 38,000baht for a brand new Yamaha motorbike! how much are new jetskis?

Anywhere between 500,000bt to 800,000bt, depending on model and engine size.

Here's a link:

http://www.beachrockleisure.com/content/view/32/25/

Yes, but there is a large customs import duty tax that must be added.

These prices include import duty tax in the UK which is about 25% plus VAT at 15%

Don't know what the import duty would be in Thailand but VAT is 7%.

I assume Yamaha being a Japanese company and sell many cars in Thailand at a lower price than they are in the UK would be lower than the taxes paid in the UK.

I am sure that a high percentage of 2-3 week holiday tourists have 'Travel Insurance' before travel from their home country.

Surely 'accidental damage' on a jet-ski will be considered for an insurance claim back in the home country upon surrendering receipts of repair costs?

I am sure that a high percentage of 2-3 week holiday tourists have 'Travel Insurance' before travel from their home country.

Surely 'accidental damage' on a jet-ski will be considered for an insurance claim back in the home country upon surrendering receipts of repair costs?

Unless the insurers consider it's use as being motorsport, then that is usually a big no no with travel insurance?? :)

So any Falang who hires a jet ski is a mug. :)

Falang arn't there only customers, seen many Thais hire them too.

They are good fun and I have hired them myself many times never a problem.

The jet ski parasites as you call them are offering a service, one that clearly has a demand or they would not be there. Agreed there should be quiet areas where they are not allowed.

I'm sure that as in any business there are both good and bad operaters.