Accommodation On Koh Larn?

Setanta159

I've been living in Pattaya (Jomtien) for about a year now but from time to time feel the need to get away from the general madness. Have visited Koh Larn for a few hours on a day trip. It's not the prettiest of islands but does have a nice feeling about it after the hustle, bustle and hassle of Pattaya. Has anyone stayed there overnight? From the boat it looks like there are a few hotels but on the net I only found one, Lareena Resort. For those of you in the know some more info greatly appreciated.

Just yesterday, my friend and I rented a bike and toured the entire island (street by street literally) to find every single accommodation available. It took us hours to view each room and each beach but we did it and there's some amazing hidden options far from any white skin right over the water. Wow!

Send me a PM as I will probably forget to get the phone numbers from my friend. The best of them all was 1800 baht/night right over the water. Lareena is at the old pier (which is still in use some of the day) and is a nice place. The island must be a veritable ghost town after the 6pm boat leaves the old pier. Lareena had various choices with aircon from 1200+.

I can't comprehend why anyone needs to run all the way to Ko Chang, Ko Samui, Ko Samed, or Krabi when there's some very private beaches on Ko Larn. Try Nual beach. It's practically deserted and clean. Jetskis and boats don't operate from there which makes it pretty unique. The sand could use a raking but it's not dirty. Tien wasn't too busy which is why I'll always love it. The others were jammed with Asian and Russian tourists. The latter not bad to ogle...

PM with any questions. I think I could write the Ko Larn book by now.

If you're in a rush, when you emerge at the old pier, turn right and keep walking along the coast and you'll come upon some very hidden away but ultra beautiful rooms. This is far from the tourist masses all of the day. We sat on their balcony for awhile and gazed at the multitude of colorful fish right below us. The owner offered us fishing rods! :o

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...

there is a rumor that at the Nual beach, its ok for topless bathing; quiet beach; nice.

bring your own picnic, but you can get drinks there. i do not recommend spending the night on kon larn. the lareena "resort" is very close to all the sewage. hotel itslef looks ok and clean but why bother. you can't go swmiing anywhere nearby there so why bother;

the one hotel on Nual beach is not clean; there are one or two bungalow hotels near Samae beach, not on the beach, but near; they look acceptable but why bother. too quiet at night ;

So as a complete newbie, Koh Lam sounds like the place to take my family en mass for a good beach and some swimming and snorkelling?

I believe we are staying in south Pattaya on a Hill Pratmarck ?! so how does one get to this Island, and are then any other really nice beach areas close by to where I think I am staying.

I realise Pattaya has a poor reputation in some respects, but that is where I am staying with eight of my family, so some help would be much appreciated.

there is a rumor that at the Nual beach, its ok for topless bathing; quiet beach; nice.

I've seen plenty of topless bathers on Ta Waen Beach... some were even walking out and back from the water with huge tits flopping about, spoiling the view.

For the people that have been to Koh Larn, how does it shape up compared to Samed?

That is comparing apples to horses. I stayed one night in a bungalow I was thinking of buying. while Koh Samed has a lot to offer after 6pm.

Koh Larn is as dead as Koh Kood after 6pm. I think if I was thinking of a getaway Koh Samed for the same or less for a night has my vote.

I already live out in the country & to go to a place that is dead (unless you are very old or looking for seclusion) I would opt for Koh Samet cause I am more into having a good time & having entertainment in the night. The only time I am in the accommodations is to sleep.

I would go back to Pattaya instead of overnighting in the dead zone.....I mean it is realllly sleepy there. By 8pm the community totally locks down.

The Island itself is Small & can be driven fully in a short time. I myself would consider Koh Larn to be a good day trip, but a total waste of time & money for an overstay when I could be be back home enjoying the night instead of hibernating waiting for the next morning. Thats just me & everyone has a different take on a vacation spot. I am only 53 & love to party so Koh Samed Or for sure Koh Chang would get my vote.If you do decide to stay on Koh Larn eat early or make sure you got some grub or your accommodations has food for you.

For the people that have been to Koh Larn, how does it shape up compared to Samed?

That is comparing apples to horses. I stayed one night in a bungalow I was thinking of buying. while Koh Samed has a lot to offer after 6pm.

Koh Larn is as dead as Koh Kood after 6pm. I think if I was thinking of a getaway Koh Samed for the same or less for a night has my vote.

I already live out in the country & to go to a place that is dead (unless you are very old or looking for seclusion) I would opt for Koh Samet cause I am more into having a good time & having entertainment in the night. The only time I am in the accommodations is to sleep.

I would go back to Pattaya instead of overnighting in the dead zone.....I mean it is realllly sleepy there. By 8pm the community totally locks down.

The Island itself is Small & can be driven fully in a short time. I myself would consider Koh Larn to be a good day trip, but a total waste of time & money for an overstay when I could be be back home enjoying the night instead of hibernating waiting for the next morning. Thats just me & everyone has a different take on a vacation spot. I am only 53 & love to party so Koh Samed Or for sure Koh Chang would get my vote.If you do decide to stay on Koh Larn eat early or make sure you got some grub or your accommodations has food for you.

This is very interesting as myself and my Thai wife were planning on going over there for a couple of nights and I was booking into Lareena resort, but it seems that it is smelly and noisy, so now I am considering just doing a day trip , again.

Edited by mmail2you

This is very interesting as myself and my Thai wife were planning on going over there for a couple of nights and I was booking into Lareena resort, but it seems that it is smelly and noisy, so now I am considering just doing a day trip , again.

just spent 2 days there and we were eating & drinking till 11:30 so not dead but laid back, couple of decent bars and the lareena resort is rustic, clean, not dirty, friendly but defintly noisy in the morning...6ish!!!!

• 6 months later...