Misery Economy Spot

Edonista

I do not speak Thai so I could just watch. There was a squeezed toothpast tube , followed by a guy screwing off light bulbes (I suppose to save on the electricity bill), in the end the Thai Royal emblem.

I guess it is a spot promoting the "sufficiency economy" conceived by His Majesty.

No wonder the stock market is nosing down... :o

Strange, I have yet to encounter a single toothpaste tube in somebodies bathroom in Thailand, I have however been in many bathrooms with multiple toothpaste tubes, all without the cap on even if it is flip top style and atleast 20 toothbrushes for each resident of the house.

I have personally thrown out every extra toothbrush in my bathroom many times only to find the next morning they have multiplied, and everyone uses the same toothbrush, strange way to do things.

I do not speak Thai so I could just watch. There was a squeezed toothpast tube , followed by a guy screwing off light bulbes (I suppose to save on the electricity bill), in the end the Thai Royal emblem.

I guess it is a spot promoting the "sufficiency economy" conceived by His Majesty.

Looks like this commercial is based on a couple of well-known and highly circulated stories about HM.

It has been told for a very long time now, that HM never wastes any of his toothpaste and is very strict about wasting electricity at his palace.

I think readers ought to be a little careful with their opinions on this thread.

Edited by Stephen Cleary

I've never quite figured this 'sufficiency economy' thing out anyway. I think it was what I learned when I was about 12 and got a small allowance--don't spend it all at once, don't waste it, you should save some!

I just never really thought of my poorly educated mom as being an economist.

Looks like this commercial is based on a couple of well-known and highly circulated stories about HM.

It has been told for a very long time now, that HM never wastes any of his toothpaste and is very strict about wasting electricity at his palace.

I think readers ought to be a little careful with their opinions on this thread.

Long live the King, he is truely a noble and brilliant man. Let him live 50 more years.