• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Mourinho 'would consider' England

Source: BBC

Former Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho would consider becoming the new England manager if the Football Association approached him, says his advisor.

Eladio Parames says Mourinho has had no contact with the FA and would not go looking for it, but would take an offer of a job seriously if it came along.

"It would be an honour," said Parames. "He likes English football, the people, the country and the players.

"It's something he'd consider but he's not trying to get the FA's attention."

Parames added: "He's not waving his hands in the air, but if he's approached, he'll reply."

Mourinho, who left his job at Chelsea in September, has been heavily linked with the England job since Steve McClaren was sacked on 22 November.

On Sunday the FA was reported to be considering offering Mourinho £6m-a-year to take the job, though Parames says the financial aspect is not important to the Portuguese coach.

"If he were approached he'd consider it, discuss it, negotiate, present his own ideas," said Parames.

"Jose's problem would never be money. If he's approached, invited, there will be positive and negative things for him to consider and he'll weigh up the pros and cons."

The duffers at the FA are going to have to get their asses in gear or they are going to miss the boat again. There is no reason why the FA can't start sitting down with Jose in the next few days, and suss out if he realy wants the job

Well, after all the hype around Mourhinio, it appears that it was all a bit of game, and he never really had any serious intention.

As it is, it looks like Lippi or Capello, both good managers with excellent track records. The only thing is, will England be even more boring to watch with some of the Italian defensive methods?

I noticed that Shearer and Pearce are being touted as potential backroom staff, but considering their lack of coaching experience and credentials it is a little worrying. Shearer is about as inspirational as watching paint dry, and Pearce hardly inspired players during his breif stint with Man City. The only problem is, where else do they go, if they want to bring in some English backroom staff?

<deleted>, we even end up with Sammy Lee again. :o

Any suggestions, as I am at a bit of a loss as to who might be a good appointment to assist the Manager.

<deleted>, we even end up with Sammy Lee again. :D

Any suggestions, as I am at a bit of a loss as to who might be a good appointment to assist the Manager.

Sir Clive Woodward might want a stab at it :o

Martin Allen could well fit it in

I think MrBJ recommended Gazza at one time !!

Gary Megson & Joe Kinnear dream ticket :D

Ron Atkinson's not doing a deal right now

Steve Coppell could well fancy his chances (that'll free more time up to visit :D )

Bryan Robson with Gareth Southgate as his No2.

SAMMY'S STILL KICKING HIS HEELS & IS AVAILABLE !!

With all these quality options why we looking at Capello & Lippi ?? :D

<deleted>, we even end up with Sammy Lee again. :D

Sir Clive Woodward might want a stab at it :o

Martin Allen could well fit it in

I think MrBJ recommended Gazza at one time !!

Gary Megson & Joe Kinnear dream ticket :D

Ron Atkinson's not doing a deal right now

Steve Coppell could well fancy his chances (that'll free more time up to visit :bah: )

Bryan Robson with Gareth Southgate as his No2.

SAMMY'S STILL KICKING HIS HEELS & IS AVAILABLE !!

With all these quality options why we looking at Capello & Lippi ?? :D

So much quality there. I can see Big Ron with Capello, that should be a right laugh.

Big Ron for England. :D

Well, after all the hype around Mourhinio, it appears that it was all a bit of game, and he never really had any serious intention.

As it is, it looks like Lippi or Capello, both good managers with excellent track records. The only thing is, will England be even more boring to watch with some of the Italian defensive methods?

I noticed that Shearer and Pearce are being touted as potential backroom staff, but considering their lack of coaching experience and credentials it is a little worrying. Shearer is about as inspirational as watching paint dry, and Pearce hardly inspired players during his breif stint with Man City. The only problem is, where else do they go, if they want to bring in some English backroom staff?

OLE GUNNAR SOLSKAJAER

Then again maybe we'll keep him at O.T., He would be good though

Gianfranco Zola could fit the bill.

Looks like Capello is going to get the poisoned chalice, but although I would have liked Mourhinio, if he was commited, I'm not going to complain. This guy is a born winner, and I really don't care if England don't play an expansive gfame, I just want them to win games, and unlike SGE, win them when they really count.

He will be a good appointment, in my opinion.

Nearly forgot to add to the list,

David Platt

Ray Wilkins

Jamie Redknapp

Who would be the technical brains behind the operation is another matter.

How about your favourite, Uncle Gary Megson? :o

See the first list (Megson & Joe Kinnear dream ticket :D )