Visa To Australia

Our family are going to Australia for a holiday in March.

I've got British and Thai passports for my two daughters and will get their visas electronically.

My question is about my wife - would it be ok to get it a day before flying?

She went with me 4 years ago and there wasn't a problem getting a visa. Surlely, as she's been already and didn't break the law etc, she will get the next one easier?

I've got British and Thai passports for my two daughters and will get their visas electronically.

She went with me 4 years ago and there wasn't a problem getting a visa. Surlely, as she's been already and didn't break the law etc, she will get the next one easier?

I would say you won't have too much of a problem provided you meet all their criteria. The only issue is you won't get one the day before you fly. Their website as can be seen in the link below says allow 3-5 days to process. Considering you are going in March there is ample time. If you are not in BKK you can do it through a courier service, again details in the link.

http://www.thailand.embassy.gov.au/bkok/DIMA03.html

Each application is ajudged on its own merits.....

I suggest you organize the visas in February...they have a 3 month use limit.

Here is the link to the list of hospitals in Thailand

http://www.immi.gov.au/contacts/overseas/t...nel-doctors.htm

Why would she need a doctor? She never the last time.

Would anyone have a list of the requirements as I can't remember what we needed to show them the last time.

How would I get in contact with the courier sevice? Does she not have to go in person?

Would anyone have a list of the requirements as I can't remember what we needed to show them the last time.

How would I get in contact with the courier sevice? Does she not have to go in person?

ignore the line on Thai hospitals link was posted incorrectly.

Anything that shows that you have known each other for a suitable period of time and will return to Thailand or the UK. So.....Photos, letters, letters from employers, any other relevent docs.

I am not sure if the OP is in the UK or elsewhere. I obtained an Australian Visa (valid for 1 year, multiple entry) in London within 3 working days. I submitted marriage certificate, flight and hotel bookings and a copy of a credit card statement along with a copy of My husband's passport and a letter explaining the application. All in all it was very straightforward.

I am not sure if the OP is in the UK or elsewhere. I obtained an Australian Visa (valid for 1 year, multiple entry) in London within 3 working days. I submitted marriage certificate, flight and hotel bookings and a copy of a credit card statement along with a copy of My husband's passport and a letter explaining the application. All in all it was very straightforward.

It should be about the same process and same processing time. The only major difference is in the UK the applocation goes to the Australian High Commission in the first instance, in Thailand due to the higher volume of visa's it does to the outsourced visa processing company.

It should be about the same process and same processing time. The only major difference is in the UK the applocation goes to the Australian High Commission in the first instance, in Thailand due to the higher volume of visa's it does to the outsourced visa processing company.

It is not a processing company....it is merely a collection company, you lodge the application and the evidence there and usually with in 24 hours it is sent to the Embassy for processing.

It is not a processing company....it is merely a collection company, you lodge the application and the evidence there and usually with in 24 hours it is sent to the Embassy for processing.

Wrong wording in my post.

Edited by CbrLad

Does my wife have to physically go to the embassy/consulate/high commission or can she send all the documents by post?

It is the out sourced application collection centre.....they will collect all the paperwork of your complete application and check through it. They then courier it to the embassy for processing...the passport and visa is returned to the VFS with any documents you want returned and they phone you to say come and pick it up....the paperwork is sealed when you lodge it and also when it is returned to the VFS....The VFS do not open it, so they cant tell you the result.