I Will Walk From Asia To Europe!

AdventureAsia

Why not build your own hot air balloon and balloon all the way back to your homeland?

All you need is a small wicker basket (you could make your own out of bamboo found in the country side) and some large strong plastic bags (Mackro do some really strong ones for 7 baht each).

All that is left is some hot air, now I wonder where you could find that?

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey I have an idea. Why don't we start a foundation for this guy? I mean if 30-40 people would give me him just a 1000 baht he would have enough money to buy an air ticket and go home.

What do you think?

I think this poster and the OP could well be one and the same person.

Why not build your own hot air balloon and balloon all the way back to your homeland?

All you need is a small wicker basket (you could make your own out of bamboo found in the country side) and some large strong plastic bags (Mackro do some really strong ones for 7 baht each).

All that is left is some hot air, now I wonder where you could find that?

He won't have to look far for sure.....has two sources ...both ends! :o

:D

Hey I have an idea. Why don't we start a foundation for this guy? I mean if 30-40 people would give me him just a 1000 baht he would have enough money to buy an air ticket and go home.

What do you think?

:bah::bah::D:o:D:D

Might I suggest the first border you cross through the jungle is the Thai-Cambodian border somewhere to the east of Aranyaprathet. I know it seems a bit like going out of your way but you'll probably finish up your journey a lot faster than you expected.

Just trying to help. :o

What do you think?

:o

Easy enough for those with high rank to find out.

You're obviously a troll but a bit of variety never hurts once in a while.

Getting sponsored is defo the way to go with such an adventure, as well as getting hold of a fold-away unicycle - could make a big difference and also a nice angle for the sponsorship. May also be best to go sometime after the winter if you can stretch your 500 baht for another 4-5 months :D

What do you think?

Can't we just post him? It would be a lot cheaper. :o

Hi, i do not paln to follow the highway all the way since i know this is dangerous, i plan to to take shortcuts in the jungle and small ways and so on. Crossing the borders i think will be easy since there is a big crossing for all those country's

If you dont get busted by patrols then you will wind up getting eaten by a fokking bear or tiger :o

But hey....Chok Dee!

I met a guy (a US vet) who was walking around the world. Tom Stone was his name. On the upside, he did have a military pension and was as tough as nail. On the downside, he was in his late 40s/early 50s and, if I remembered properly, had bad knees. According to him, he was the first to walk Siberia solo. He did have his visas and papers in order though. I met him on the road in SE Asia when he was four years into the journey. He was planning to do South America before heading home to Vermont (?). I never found out if he completed the trip or not.

I met a guy (a US vet) who was walking around the world. Tom Stone was his name. On the upside, he did have a military pension and was as tough as nail. On the downside, he was in his late 40s/early 50s and, if I remembered properly, had bad knees. According to him, he was the first to walk Siberia solo. He did have his visas and papers in order though. I met him on the road in SE Asia when he was four years into the journey. He was planning to do South America before heading home to Vermont (?). I never found out if he completed the trip or not.

If this is the Tom Stone you're referring to, I'm afraid he's no longer amongst us...."Killed in Action; hit by friendly fire" at the age of 52 on March 29, 2006*

http://remembertomstone.net/index.htm

* http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2007-0...re_N.htm?csp=34

LaoPo :o

If this is the Tom Stone you're referring to, I'm afraid he's no longer amongst us...."Killed in Action; hit by friendly fire" at the age of 52 on March 29, 2006*

LaoPo :o

Oh, dear...

I'm afraid so.

Thanks for letting me know that he did finish that great walk.

I only met him for a couple of hours. He was walking with two backpacks, a big one on his back and a small one on his chest. I had heard about him for days from the peasants before catching up to him. I was on a bicycle. We had a picnic lunch on the side of the road, on a mountain pass with a superb view of the lowlands. He did say one thing that stayed with me: "Never ever give up. Someone will always come to you in your darkest hour."

Edited by Macx

After some planing i thought i might as well walk back to europe and just "sneak" myself over the borders (since i dont have any visa's) I plan to go from BKK to north thailand-to laos-to-china-russia-finland-sweden-norway where i live.

Anyone here done this kinda stuff before?

i do it all the time... whenever i am abducted by other aliens and brought to another planet i just walk back to Klingon. sometimes it takes quite long and the blisters on my feet are quite bothersome. but it's great fun! :o