Australian Immigration Visa Requirements.

Same here.....there is no obligation in Oz for a woman to change her name to that of her husband...she can keep her maiden name, use her married name or use both, it is upto her. Both the certificate and the extract are done in the unmarried names.

He will need the extract for the application....the certificate is not acceptable.

gburns57au

So in the case of marrying in Thailand at the Amphur, I take it all that is needed for the Australian Spouse application (submitted in Bangkok) is one of the two Marriage Certificates (given by the Amphur), translated into English?

I imagine there is no such thing as an Extract in Thailand?

When you register your marriage at an Amphur office both parties receive an identical numbered document. For Australian immigration purposes you only have to get one translated into English. Records of all registered marriages are maintained by the Thai Amphur office. Details are all recorded on a separate document in Thai and they will give you a copy with the official Amphur stamp. You can get this translated if you wish for your own information.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know that I am probably clutching at straws but here we go. This form PK14 that has been mentioned before for use to present to the court declaring that she is the sole carer for the child, she is not legally married to the father of the child and has not had any contact with him for x amount of years. Does anyone know if this form is able to be downloaded off the net. I realise that the thai system probably wouldnt be as modern as ours but its worthwhile asking. It would make it heaps easier to explain to the wife what she needs to get filled out and presented to the courts.

Thanks

Carl

I know that I am probably clutching at straws but here we go. This form PK14 that has been mentioned before for use to present to the court declaring that she is the sole carer for the child, she is not legally married to the father of the child and has not had any contact with him for x amount of years. Does anyone know if this form is able to be downloaded off the net. I realise that the thai system probably wouldnt be as modern as ours but its worthwhile asking. It would make it heaps easier to explain to the wife what she needs to get filled out and presented to the courts.

Thanks

Carl

It is basically a Government Stat Dec.....has the official badge and all on it then the declarents statement and they sign it down the bottom.

The Amphur officer can explain it all to her....Take the document you already have to the Amphur or get it translated to see if that will be sufficient to present to the court. My wifes statements had on them that they were for evidence for any family court matters.

Can she contact the ex through his family...thats what my missus did even though she hadnt seen him for 6 years, it is easier than going through the court process and a heck of a lot quicker.

Edited by gburns57au

Graham,

Theres been no contact for over 12 years. I explained to her last night what is required and she will go to the amphur today and then try to find a lawyer to start the court process.

Thanks

Good luck Sezzo.....I hope that the process doesnt take too long

When my wife told me that the ex would consent I have to admit I was relieved as I was not looking forward to the court process. having the sole carers documents should be of great assistance.

Any of you Oz mates (or Spouses) had experience with getting a Medical Exam done for a child.

I am in Korat at present, which is the closest city to my wife's town of Thepsathit.

Bangkok Hospital here very good I believe for Medicals, and no problem with credentials for wife, but they require an English translation of the child's Thai Birth Certificate.

I imagine the hospital here requires this translated certificate so they can include it with the medical results for wife and child, when they forward the results to the Visa office in Bangkok?

This is all very well, but looks like I will need to bus it back to Bangkok, just to have this translation done!

There seems to be a problem here with getting any translation "Stamped" which I imagine also means Certification. Like 3 - 4 days turn-around and BIG BAHT.

I guess my question is, has anyone been through this process of a child's medical, and does this process need a "certified" translation done first-up. There would be no problem supplying the Visa Office a certified Birth Cert. after the medical.

(and saving a possible return trip to BKK now?)

Any of you Oz mates (or Spouses) had experience with getting a Medical Exam done for a child.

I am in Korat at present, which is the closest city to my wife's town of Thepsathit.

Bangkok Hospital here very good I believe for Medicals, and no problem with credentials for wife, but they require an English translation of the child's Thai Birth Certificate.

I imagine the hospital here requires this translated certificate so they can include it with the medical results for wife and child, when they forward the results to the Visa office in Bangkok?

This is all very well, but looks like I will need to bus it back to Bangkok, just to have this translation done!

There seems to be a problem here with getting any translation "Stamped" which I imagine also means Certification. Like 3 - 4 days turn-around and BIG BAHT.

I guess my question is, has anyone been through this process of a child's medical, and does this process need a "certified" translation done first-up. There would be no problem supplying the Visa Office a certified Birth Cert. after the medical.

Fishhooks

My thai girlfriend and her three children all got medicals in Khon Khan in October. We had previously obtained passports for child and took that along as it has english information. I think the thai girlfriend also had child thai birth certificate with her but didnt need to produce it, just the childs thai passport.

There was never any mention of translating documents to get meicals done.

Contact the hospital direct....tell them you will be providing a certified translated copy of the cert for tha application...see what they say.

• 2 weeks later...

Mine was 10 weeks...others have been around 6 weeks....some have been within days for those who lodge the application at the Embassy at the interview.

In 2006 the grant times were longer than now...coming in at around the 3-4 month mark on average. The shorter grant times now may be a roll on effect of issuing 12 month ME visas, it must have cut down the number of tourist applications quite significantly.

Could have made this a separate thread David.

Mine was 10 weeks...others have been around 6 weeks....some have been within days for those who lodge the application at the Embassy at the interview.

In 2006 the grant times were longer than now...coming in at around the 3-4 month mark on average. The shorter grant times now may be a roll on effect of issuing 12 month ME visas, it must have cut down the number of tourist applications quite significantly.

Could have made this a separate thread David.

If you agree this could be a separate thread but it was intended as informative only.

Actually the grant times as such are not the interesting figures they are only statistical, but what is interesting is the number of visas granted by sub-class from each DIAC office world wide, including Bangkok. Also figures are given for the onshore grants of visas. Note the number of grants for 309 visas in Australia.

Yes David,

I notice that there were only 4 applications granted in Australia, 2 in Sydney(average 80 weeks) and 1 each in WA (144 weeks) and QLD (196).

Makes interesting reading but i don't understand those grant times. Still it seems as if its possible, though the data doesn't show how many applications were received.

Think if we want to apply onshore we need to talk with DIAC first.

Cheers,

8ball.

Hi David,

Actually, following on from my above post, If you apply Onshore for a spouse visa you need to apply for a Spouse Temp Visa (subclass 820) leading to a Spouse Permanent Visa (subclass 801).

The figures quoted in the Document for Grant times don't include the 820 Visa. So from my point of view i need to find out the details for the latter.

Anyway,

Cheers,

8ball.

Hi David,

Actually, following on from my above post, If you apply Onshore for a spouse visa you need to apply for a Spouse Temp Visa (subclass 820) leading to a Spouse Permanent Visa (subclass 801).

The figures quoted in the Document for Grant times don't include the 820 Visa. So from my point of view i need to find out the details for the latter.

Anyway,

Cheers,

8ball.

Yes, you will have to find out from DIAC if you can apply for a subclass 820 from a 676 visa. If an applicant was working in Australia (eg on a temp work visa 457) and later married, the subclass 820 would apply as she could not leave Australia because of her job here and she would have temporary residence status already.

However in your case this does not apply. Find out first before you commit youself.

When handing in all documents and starting the Spouse Visa Application, they say all originals plus a clear copy of each.

Do they also require a complete copy of the actual Spouse and Sponsor application forms, or is it just all of the supporting documents?

I take it that they also do not require any of the actual Thai language documents from which the translations were made?

When handing in all documents and starting the Spouse Visa Application, they say all originals plus a clear copy of each.

Do they also require a complete copy of the actual Spouse and Sponsor application forms, or is it just all of the supporting documents?

I take it that they also do not require any of the actual Thai language documents from which the translations were made?

For the spouse visa....do not supply original supporting documents....supply Certified copies of the documents....if they wish to sight the originals, they will ask for them. The application forms do not need to be copied.

I would supply a certified copy of the original Thai documents plus a certified copy of the translation...just to be on the safe side. However I dont believe that it is necessary as the translated docs will be stamped by the translator as a true and correct translation.