The Fa Cup Thread

mrbojangles

I saw some of them Chavy. Stoke and Newcastle where pretty evenly matched but the Luton Liverpool game was quite good. I think the off field issues with Luton was enough to motivate their players, they're effectively in the shop window and playing for their lives.

Also, i believe they asked Liverpool if they could keep the gate reciepts as this would have stopped them going into administration. Liverpool said no (although i believe they let them have an "un-disclosed amount"). Maybe that got them going a bit as well.

would've been a good gesture by Liverpool to let them keep the gate reciepts. Luton's ground is hardly the biggest place & wouldn't have raised a massive amount. The return leg should give them a nice lump sum to keep them going though.

I've just about had enough of that buffoon Paul Masefield.What is he doing in this part of the world,anyway?What qualification has he got to impart his gibberish on the Asian public?Last night it was the'Let's Bash Rafa Benitez Show'.He was so blindingly obvious,it was stunning.His take was that Benitez had picked the wrong side,he hadn't picked Torres and thats why they didn't win.NO,A THOUSAND TIMES,NO!They were good enough alright.This side packed with internationals up against a team not certain to get paid for their efforts.No,the reason why they didn't win was because some of the side didn't FANCY it. Travelling to Luton's tiny,bumpy ground stuck in the middle of a housing estate on a cold January evening to play in the 3rd. round of the F.A.Cup.They weren't up for it and Luton were because THIS,for their players was the biggest game of their lives.Rafa Benitez can talk to his 'stars'until he's blue in the mouth about how important this game,this competition is,but if just a few of them are wishing they were somewhere else,they can't win.I'm not a Liverpool supporter by a long chalk but it really irritates me to see people like him spewing out this garbage that only the brain dead would appreciate.And I suspect Mr.Torres,for all his sublime skills is secretly pleased he wasn't asked to display them at this game.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw some of them Chavy. Stoke and Newcastle where pretty evenly matched but the Luton Liverpool game was quite good. I think the off field issues with Luton was enough to motivate their players, they're effectively in the shop window and playing for their lives.

Also, i believe they asked Liverpool if they could keep the gate reciepts as this would have stopped them going into administration. Liverpool said no (although i believe they let them have an "un-disclosed amount"). Maybe that got them going a bit as well.

would've been a good gesture by Liverpool to let them keep the gate reciepts. Luton's ground is hardly the biggest place & wouldn't have raised a massive amount. The return leg should give them a nice lump sum to keep them going though.

I've just about had enough of that buffoon Paul Masefield.What is he doing in this part of the world,anyway?What qualification has he got to impart his gibberish on the Asian public?Last night it was the'Let's Bash Rafa Benitez Show'.He was so blindingly obvious,it was stunning.His take was that Benitez had picked the wrong side,he hadn't picked Torres and thats why they didn't win.NO,A THOUSAND TIMES,NO!They were good enough alright.This side packed with internationals up against a team not certain to get paid for their efforts.No,the reason why they didn't win was because some of the side didn't FANCY it. Travelling to Luton's tiny,bumpy ground stuck in the middle of a housing estate on a cold January evening to play in the 3rd. round of the F.A.Cup.They weren't up for it and Luton were because THIS,for their players was the biggest game of their lives.Rafa Benitez can talk to his 'stars'until he's blue in the mouth about how important this game,this competition is,but if just a few of them are wishing they were somewhere else,they can't win.I'm not a Liverpool supporter by a long chalk but it really irritates me to see people like him spewing out this garbage that only the brain dead would appreciate.And I suspect Mr.Torres,for all his sublime skills is secretly pleased he wasn't asked to display them at this game.

He runs several successful football schools, throughout Asia.

He is an Ex professional footballer, who makes a good living out of football.

In essence I agree with what he is saying. Benitez's problem is that he doesnt stick to a settled side. Mase said right from the beginning what he thought, he was proved right, in my opinion.

Mase is actually a decent bloke, give him a break :o

Here's the full draw for the fourth round of the FA Cup

Arsenal v Stoke City/Newcastle

Coventry v Walsall/Millwall

Oldham v Huddersfield Town

Swindon/Barnet v Fulham/Bristol Rovers

Wigan v Chelsea

Luton/Liverpool v Swansea/Havant & Waterlooville

Southend v Barnsley

Southampton v Norwich/Bury

Man Utd v Tottenham/Reading

Portsmouth v Plymouth

Derby/Sheff Wed v Preston

Watford vWolves

Peterborough v Charlton/West Brom

Sheff Utd v West Ham/Man City

Mansfield v Middlesbrough

Tranmere/Hereford v Cardiff

Ties to be played on 26 & 27 January

Lucky us eh TP?.............. :o

Come on Chon or Tp. Do em :D

Perhaps with 22 of us in the pitch versus 11 we may prevail...... :D

Lucky us eh TP?.............. :o

Come on Chon or Tp. Do em :D

Perhaps with 22 of us in the pitch versus 11 we may prevail...... :D

Ye of little faith :D

In essence I agree with what he is saying. Benitez's problem is that he doesnt stick to a settled side. Mase said right from the beginning what he thought, he was proved right, in my opinion.

Mase is actually a decent bloke, give him a break :o

Ferguson and Wenger( and Mourinho when he was Chelsea manager) rotate their squads with impunity and no one bats an eyelid.Why?Because their winning.They've got the results on their side.Benitez does it and the judges in their comfy chairs proclaim that he's not picking his strongest team.Why?Because he's NOT winning and they've got the results on THEIR side,except when he rotated his squad for the game against Besiktas,of course,in which case it was acclaimed a master stroke and the empty bandwagon trundled off into the distance.Break?Benitez needs it.Our friend "Mase" and his ilk will get by without it.

We (Stoke) should of really put Newcastle out on the first attempt .. .. sure we were abit camera shy in the first half and didn't get going but in the second they needed 3 last ditch goal line clearances to earn a replay.

Now up to SJP next week, hopefully finish off the job this time then a meet up with the Arsenal 2nd team on the cards! :o

Mase is actually a decent bloke, give him a break :D

Ferguson and Wenger( and Mourinho when he was Chelsea manager) rotate their squads with impunity and no one bats an eyelid.Why?Because their winning.They've got the results on their side.Benitez does it and the judges in their comfy chairs proclaim that he's not picking his strongest team.Why?Because he's NOT winning and they've got the results on THEIR side,except when he rotated his squad for the game against Besiktas,of course,in which case it was acclaimed a master stroke and the empty bandwagon trundled off into the distance.Break?Benitez needs it.Our friend "Mase" and his ilk will get by without it.

Because they rotate AND keep the balance.

Its funny, Liverpool is a nightmare from a fantasy football pont of view, because nobody ever knows what his team will be :o

I think if you ask the Liverpool fans on this forum, most will be frustrated with Benitez's 'rotation' methods.

Furthermore, the likes of McMahon and Mase who criticise him generally do it BEFORE the game, hence your arguement above doesnt hold water.

Anyway upto him, I dont really care what Liverpool do,except when I have an 'interest' in the Asian Line :D

With a bit of luck the "Trannies" could make the Semi-Finals.

Reckon they could go further than that changeable mob in red shirts from the other side of the Mersey.

You been on the waccy baccy again Ken :o

Reckon they could go further than that changeable mob in red shirts from the other side of the Mersey.

Look at it this way Chavy all we have to do is beat Hereford followed by Cardiff then a couple of unknowns - piece of cake

(Lights big joint, drifts downstage centre and sings the refrain "To Dream the Impossible Dream")........ :D

Look at it this way Chavy all we have to do is beat Hereford followed by Cardiff then a couple of unknowns - piece of cake

(Lights big joint, drifts downstage centre and sings the refrain "To Dream the Impossible Dream")........ :D

Good stuff that is Ken....I'm getting a buzz from here :D

ahhhhh....Now then Ken Camel Laird are doing well mate :D

Considering the way that draw has panned out so far, and with a few of the EPL clubs out, I see no reason why they cant make the semi finals, or at least someone from the lower leagues. Remeber PLymout in 1984 getting there and Chesterfield in 1997 also, when they were in div 3.

Mase is actually a decent bloke, give him a break :D

Because they rotate AND keep the balance.

Its funny, Liverpool is a nightmare from a fantasy football pont of view, because nobody ever knows what his team will be :o

I think if you ask the Liverpool fans on this forum, most will be frustrated with Benitez's 'rotation' methods.

Furthermore, the likes of McMahon and Mase who criticise him generally do it BEFORE the game, hence your arguement above doesnt hold water.

Anyway upto him, I dont really care what Liverpool do,except when I have an 'interest' in the Asian Line :D

Masefield blustered on about picking the wrong side against Luton at HALF TIME.BEFORE the game he put his head on the block and opted for a Liverpool victory.Chevvy nodded in solemn agreement and there was no mention that Benitez had messed up with team selection.After all,this was only Luton.You don't have to worry about playing your best team against THEM,do you? :D

1)

In that last Luton match, Benitez actually put out a stronger side than many Premiership sides. They just didn't play well. How about Everton? They lost and put out a "weak" side. People talking about Liverpool's rotating is overstated and has become a boring cliche. I often see Masefield harping on Liverpool so I think he just doesn't like them or Benetiz and has become biased.

In that last Luton match, Benitez actually put out a stronger side than many Premiership sides. They just didn't play well. How about Everton? They lost and put out a "weak" side. People talking about Liverpool's rotating is overstated and has become a boring cliche. I often see Masefield harping on Liverpool so I think he just doesn't like them or Benetiz and has become biased.

Masefiled is a failed Liverpool apprentice, so I think he enjoys getting the digs in every now and again. He did play for giant clubs like Stocport and Exeter though, but he was <deleted> at that level as well. :o

All the top teams rotate is part of using your squad and the modern game. It funny how Liverpool only get slated for rotating when we lose. However tonight should be a definite win no matter what team he puts out considering Luton (Scum) have lost there best players due to the administration. More than anything I want to see a win tonight and a good performance.

Havant and Waterlooville travel to Anfield. Now, that's a great story for the FA Cup. Can they pull off one of the biggest upsets ever? Of course not, but at least Liverpool will be assured of the next round and will be able to give the players of the non-league side a dream encounter. Happiness all around for both clubs.

Masefiled is a failed Liverpool apprentice, so I think he enjoys getting the digs in every now and again. He did play for giant clubs like Stocport and Exeter though, but he was <deleted> at that level as well. :o

Thanks for the the Masefield biography,Mr.T.but how did he get a job on ESPN with a CV like that?

Thanks for the the Masefield biography,Mr.T.but how did he get a job on ESPN with a CV like that?

The question should be asked about the rest of them. Shebby, Jamie & McMahon...a failed manager.