Amazon Advertisements

WaiWai

Recently I noticed Amazon.com ads appearing at the top of the page in General forum.

They are meant to be there ? (I am logged in to Amazon - not related to that, is it ?)

If they're meant to be there, how are the titles chosen -- fetish woman (whatever), fishnet costumes -- :o -- is that because it's a Thai forum or what ??

If they're meant to be there, how are the titles chosen -- fetish woman (whatever), fishnet costumes -- :o -- is that because it's a Thai forum or what ??

Because it recognizes your browsing habits. :D

Ha ! ! What's on your screen, then ?

I was wondering if it was picking up on topics on the forum, but there wasn't anything I could see that was even close.

Contextual ads. No worries.

Seem to be the same ones most of the time, and not the kind of image I'd expect you'd wish linked to the forum though, George ?

I'd expect people reading at work might feel a bit uncomfortable.

Edited by WaiWai

Contextual ads. No worries.

Seem to be the same ones most of the time, and not the kind of image I'd expect you'd wish linked to the forum though, George ?

I'd expect people reading at work might feel a bit uncomfortable.

Correct, likewise the dating sites showing images of near naked lasses, not so good when one works in an open office. Seems to contradict the image ThaiVisa is aiming at.

Correct, likewise the dating sites showing images of near naked lasses, not so good when one works in an open office. Seems to contradict the image ThaiVisa is aiming at.

People have been complaining about those for months but it all seems to fall on deaf ears...