Enron Vs. Rest Of The Us (maybe Even Thailand)

Enron story has entertained us and US for many years. Before coming one of the biggest companies in the US they thought they could virtually control energy market or control virtual energy market. Pretty much this is the situation what is now happening with oil: Someone feeds information to traders and they just sell and prices sore and players play...

Its nothing more than going to Vegas and placing your chips on a bid. In this bid case you can study few tricks of the trade. At the end game - failure is not an option.

So You and Me (except Me) who invest in stocks and play the chips trying to find winning color or number, we also run our numbers by a bigger investor. Those guys then sell or buy depending on "the bad or good news" on the market. Oil price has risen in to a cyber space and as a lesser than a normal user I wouldn't mind if it rose even more.

All this high oil price is just hype of You and Me who basically play with oil. If I was to sell all my stocks related to oil today and so would 50% of the other owners, things would look cheaper right away. Oil price would go down screaming. In a day. But since people want to believe it's there for only so long its going to go up. Just believing in to this - Enron of the past - keeps prices high.

Keep it high. Or should they fake it and bring it down? Investors can let go oil chips if they ever wanted oil price to plunge. Name your bet...

Oil is through the roof and our clients are busy investing.

I'm working on a $8.8billion project right now. And we have over $32billion of work on our books.

Pay rates have shot up and the company pension scheme is now fully funded again.

The golden years are here.

---

ENRON - Was I there?

No, I was in China and all of a sudden we were awash with old guys in their 60s and 70s who had been forced back to work because they had been investing their pension savings on the stock market - Dumb and Dumber.

Now go read the frequent advice here on TV from members who suggest that we all do just that.

However, how is this related to Thailand?

Everything related to oil has things to do with Thailand. We live here. Prices get higher cause of it. I hope I don't have to explain the whole case....

Yes, you do or we'll have all sorts of non-Thai threads being started. Nice try though. :o

Lets all sell our houses, prices should go down right. Demand and supply specially in a depleting resource

causes changes in prices. Yes there is speculation which also helps bring down deplorable usage of the resources.

Higher prices economies will use less.... too many lazy fat people around now days that will not walk 100 meters

to buy something, they'll use some fuel to get there or won't turn off computer when not in use.

100 year average returns on stock market are close to 10%.

You find those that live off pension funds alone are most likely living their whole life pay check to pay check.

Everything in life has a risk so try to be on the smart side of things.

Treat your investments the same way you would any other type of work or earnings matter.

Don't fall into the trap of having people that done no better than yourself and proven it, to help manage your investments. Too many of them hanging out in third world countries waiting for the next sucker they can advise for a commision. Stay away from unregulated advisors, they are a satang a dozen. Everyone is good in good markets it is

when the bad times hit that really does the true evaluating. JMTB

Own a business or stocks in Businesses. Be a partner ( share holder) in Microsoft, Tesco, Merk,

oil companies, utilities and whatever you believe in.

Many of the people I know now days do not get other than the government pension.

In order to compete many companies do not have pension funds/retirement pensions.

You have to make your own pension, the days of where a person can work his whole life with

a company or two are few anymore. If you want to compound your savings put it to work.