Burger

Bardamu

Where is Woodie’s?

Woodies is on Th. Kotchasayn (come out of Tuskers, at the outer moat turn left), just past Spicy and next to the 7-11. If you get to Thapae you have gone past it.

The burgers are in my opinion the best in CM - for the Aussies out there ask for one with the lot ie Beetroot and Pineapple, if you aren't an Aussie keep ya mitts of our beetroot, it is too difficult to get it here in CM to waste of yanks and poms :o

CB

The burgers are in my opinion the best in CM - for the Aussies out there ask for one with the lot ie Beetroot and Pineapple, if you aren't an Aussie keep ya mitts of our beetroot, it is too difficult to get it here in CM to waste of yanks and poms :o

CB

I pretended to be an Aussie and kept calling the girl "Mate" and grabbing my crotch while I talked to her, and I tricked her into selling me a burger with beet root, a fried egg and cheese. It was excellent, but you couldn't really taste the burger. :D

This is a wind up, right? You're all having a laugh, surely!

The old burger debate again? Come on don't hold back let's do ribs, pizzas and Indian curries too!

Hold on - this is a test isn't it? This is all about being polite, helpful and civil - okay, I can do that:

Best burger - Woodies and Chiang Mai Saloon

Ribs - my BBQ, Dukes?

Best Pizza - Dukes? Stefanos or Pom Pui for me

Curry - not worth the hunt

Western breakfasts? Don't get me started . . . here's a good resource

for things food related. :o

JxP

Speaking of burgers, I had one at UN Irish on Wednesday and noticed that their prices have gone up. The UN Burger is now 125 bht - wasn't it a hundred before? I was told that they haven't had a price adjustment in two years but unless I'm wrong about the old price that's a 25% hike. Let's hope it's not a taste of what's to come in the way of inflation.

...if you aren't an Aussie keep ya mitts of our beetroot, it is too difficult to get it here in CM to waste of yanks and poms :o

You don't have to worry that I might order a burger (or anything else) with beetroot CB. "Beets" is one dish that I truly despise.

I don't believe how many people are taking this seriously!

This was started this morning as a direct joke in regards to an issue of what was being allowed and what was being deleted ie. deemed not suitable discussion for the forum.

In fact it was very tempting to start an identical pizza topic. But if people would have taken it as seriously as the burgers, maybe I would have just sat down and cried.

I was surprised at how much I enjoy beet root on a burger. Of course, it is a special kind that is soaked in vinegar.

I don't know how anyone that could come up with something this good, could also like the awful taste of Vegemite! :o

UG, you have now been inducted into the mysteries and privileges of the true Aussie Burger.

Up until now, you have never really lived. You have now seen the light.

Hope you had an egg on it as well .

Cheers

Here we go :

Beetroot use dates back to Greek times, when the leaves were cooked with honey and wine. The root was prized for its medicinal qualities and was used as a treatment for fevers, skin problems and digestive complaints. The Romans began eating the roots, with Apicius, the Jamie Oliver of his time, recommending that it was made into a salad with a dressing of mustard, oil and vinegar. In the 16th century, it was given as a "blood builder" to people who were pale and run down. At the time, doctors and patients may not have known why it had so much success, but health experts now know that its high iron content can help to treat anaemia and tiredness.

It's now said to be one of the "super foods" - iol.za.org/index.php?set_id=1&click_id=117&art_id=vn20060124070931318C461896 .

I rather doubt that we Aussies invented pickled beetroot, good as it is.

Which brand do Woodie's use ? Heinz ?

Heinz - bleedin' heathen - Woody has the genuine Golden Circle which in my opinion is the only one worth having

CB

Got to agree. Golden Circle goes down best.

However, got to tell you that my wife brought back some beetroots from the market, sliced and shoved them in the crockpot together with vinegar, mustard, sugar and a couple of other things all of which cooked away for about 4 hours and we now have beaut pickled beetroot to eat with our salads. ( all per courtesy of the many recipes available on the internet).

Trouble is, I don't have a decent burger to put the slices onto.

Ah well..."Life wasn't meant to be easy" !

Cheers

Yep. it is the real Golden Circle, brought it over myself last time I came from Oz. I reckon there is enough to last a few months of burgers but if we run out before I can get more over here we'll have to rely on our Kiwi mates for beetroot and use the Watties brand which is avalable locally.

Regarding the beetroot, we also thought about cooking it ourselves but the local beetroot seems to be much smaller so you can't get that one big piece covering the burger 'Golden Circle' style. I also noticed that Rimping now has two brands of locally made pickled beetroot and a German brand in glass jars on the shelf. They all cost more than buying the Golden Circle in Australia, but has anyone who knows the real Aussie style beetroot tried it out as an alternative?

Where is Woodie's?

Woodies is on Th. Kotchasayn (come out of Tuskers, at the outer moat turn left), just past Spicy and next to the 7-11. If you get to Thapae you have gone past it.

CB

Thanks Crow Boy, your directions are correct, but in case anyone is trying to use a map to find us, I should point out that it is actually Chaiyapoom Road. Chaiyapoom, changes it's name to become Kotchasan Road at Tha Phae Gate.

We are near the footbridge across the moat opposite Somphet market. Two doors down from Jackies Black Van that operates a bar in the Somphet Gold Place car park late at night.

post-18801-1197656758_thumb.jpg

Edited by whimsy

QUOTE (Crow Boy @ 2007-12-14 18:48:07)

QUOTE (WaiWai @ 2007-12-14 14:40:46)

I rather doubt that we Aussies invented pickled beetroot, good as it is.

Which brand do Woodie's use ? Heinz ?

Heinz - bleedin' heathen - Woody has the genuine Golden Circle which in my opinion is the only one worth having

CB

Got to agree. Golden Circle goes down best.

However, got to tell you that my wife brought back some beetroots from the market, sliced and shoved them in the crockpot together with vinegar, mustard, sugar and a couple of other things all of which cooked away for about 4 hours and we now have beaut pickled beetroot to eat with our salads. ( all per courtesy of the many recipes available on the internet).

Trouble is, I don't have a decent burger to put the slices onto.

Ah well..."Life wasn't meant to be easy" !

Cheers

My "point" :D was more about the fact that Aussies did not invent pickled beetroot.

And yes, it's easy to make.

Fraser quotes ! He he - so few are memorable :o !

Where is Woodie's?

CB

Thanks Crow Boy, your directions are correct, but in case anyone is trying to use a map to find us, I should point out that it is actually Chaiyapoom Road. Chaiyapoom, changes it's name to become Kotchasan Road at Tha Phae Gate.

We are near the footbridge across the moat opposite Somphet market. Two doors down from Jackies Black Van that operates a bar in the Somphet Gold Place car park late at night.

That's not Kotchasan Rd, Kotchasan Rd starts south of Tha Phae Gate. Where Woody's is it's called Chaiyaphum Rd.