Bookazine.........questions...........

libya 115

I was down at Carrefour today, Pattaya Klang and I went to the newspaper/bookshop that used to be Bookazine on the ground floor. Wow: all changed: no longer Bookazine. Hopeless selection for me.

The Mrs. has told me that Bookazine has changed location in the Big C Festival Mall as well. Opposite side....is that right?

Plus: My Bookazine 'card' expires December 31st: How do I qualify for a new one? Anyone know?

I will throw in this also: These newspapers that are copyright 'facimile' page for page: they are expensive, but for me worth the money if I want them. Racing Post particularly. Does anyone out there have a regular subscription? Is there a monthly discount if for example I took the Racing Post for a month straight?

Any feedback appreciated.

I was down at Carrefour today, Pattaya Klang and I went to the newspaper/bookshop that used to be Bookazine on the ground floor. Wow: all changed: no longer Bookazine. Hopeless selection for me.

The Mrs. has told me that Bookazine has changed location in the Big C Festival Mall as well. Opposite side....is that right?

Plus: My Bookazine 'card' expires December 31st: How do I qualify for a new one? Anyone know?

I will throw in this also: These newspapers that are copyright 'facimile' page for page: they are expensive, but for me worth the money if I want them. Racing Post particularly. Does anyone out there have a regular subscription? Is there a monthly discount if for example I took the Racing Post for a month straight?

Any feedback appreciated.

I think you can subscribe directly from the bookazine counter. You'll have like some discount I think. You can either get them send by mail or pick up directly from your choice of bookazine store every month. This works for the magazines I know but I'm not very sure if it works for newspapers or not. :o

Bookazine on Royal Garden Plaza has also moved three or four shops down - noiw next to the front facade.

Yes, I was there today picking up my newsapapers and magazines: 10% off on Mondays with Bookazine card. Now they have moved to the other side of Boots (the Chemist). Plus the TFB ATM that used to be there has moved next to the restroom block opposite(ish).

I was also observing on Soi 6 1/2 the new tower block. That went up fast. If you leave Pattaya for 90 days there is so much change...........

The facimile newspaper place is on Soi Drarin, off Pattaya 3rd Road, just near the bowling green. I will go in tomorrow, seek someone who speaks English and Find out about newspaper subscription rates.

Also: What has happened to the DVD/CD store in Royal Garden? 3rd Floor? Closing down sale, everything must go....picked up a few 50% off DVD's.........worth checking out.............

Bookazine on Royal Garden Plaza has also moved three or four shops down - noiw next to the front facade.

Yes, I was there today picking up my newsapapers and magazines: 10% off on Mondays with Bookazine card. Now they have moved to the other side of Boots (the Chemist). Plus the TFB ATM that used to be there has moved next to the restroom block opposite(ish).

I was also observing on Soi 6 1/2 the new tower block. That went up fast. If you leave Pattaya for 90 days there is so much change...........

The facimile newspaper place is on Soi Drarin, off Pattaya 3rd Road, just near the bowling green. I will go in tomorrow, seek someone who speaks English and Find out about newspaper subscription rates.

Also: What has happened to the DVD/CD store in Royal Garden? 3rd Floor? Closing down sale, everything must go....picked up a few 50% off DVD's.........worth checking out.............

On another board a guy who'd lived here for several years and left in 2003 was asking about changes! Where do you even begin??

The hotel on 6 1/2 has its name in Thai only?? And how are the buses going to get up the soi to 2nd Road? (Yes, I know, "with great difficulty!".)

CD Warehouse looks like it's done as it's also 50% off in the Siam Square and Emporium stores as what I'd guess is a prelude to closing.

-redwood

In the space of a few days last week my favorite massage place closed / moved, my favorite music bar closed, number 1 girl friend, disappeared, and they closed most of my favorite beach for a new condo.

But TiT, there's plenty more out there :o