Airport Bus Service

jonniebkk

I have seen the nice new looking Swampypoom airport busses a few times around town. They look really nice and comfortable. Saw the schedule at the North Pattaya bus station too...every couple hours basically from 6 in the morning till early evening. My question is: Does this bus go directly from Pattaya to the airport or does it make stops in other towns along the way (ie Sri Racha, Chonburi)? How long is the actual trip from door to door?

Not sure what the confusion is here. The North Pattaya Road bus station has an airport bus service. It leaves every couple hours from early morning till early evening. For time planning purposes, I wanted to know if it goes directly (non-stop) from Pattaya to the airport or if it makes stops along the way. If it goes direct, it would take about 1.5 hours. If it makes stops, it would take longer.

Has anyone used this bus service yet and can provide this information?

Here goes from Pattaya............

The bus is called Bell Travel Service and it is great. Its location is at the North Bus Station )North Pattaya Rd) AKA Bangkok Bus Station. Go into station entrance and office is located on right. Only operates during the day. No I do not have schedule.

It goes direct from this Pattaya location to the new airport departure gates. It stops at any one gate the driver feels like stopping. The TRIP TAKES 1 1/2 HR UNLESS THERE IS TRAFFIC. ADD ANOTHER 1/2 HR IF TRAFFIC. The return trip to Pattaya has to be done at the transportation hub that you can get to by the shuttle bus from arrival level.

Hope this helps :o

The return trip to Pattaya has to be done at the transportation hub that you can get to by the shuttle bus from arrival level.

Bell Bus picks up at the airport, ground floor. No stops either way. I've used it a couple of times and recommend it. You also get a shuttle direct to your residence in Pattya from the bus station. 150 baht.

There's also a government bus Pattya - airport, but I never used it as it always seems to go at the wrong time for me! That one is I think 106 baht.

The return trip to Pattaya has to be done at the transportation hub that you can get to by the shuttle bus from arrival level.

Bell Bus picks up at the airport, ground floor. No stops either way. I've used it a couple of times and recommend it. You also get a shuttle direct to your residence in Pattya from the bus station. 150 baht.

There's also a government bus Pattya - airport, but I never used it as it always seems to go at the wrong time for me! That one is I think 106 baht.

I have mixed the public bus and Bell Bus service at the airport but other wise stand by what I have posted. They are both excelent service.

This is the bus service that the OP is talking about.

Here's a snap of their timetable that I took last year at their ticket booth at the North Pattaya Bus Station.

post-34982-1197975399_thumb.jpg

I've taken this service in the reverse direction (i.e. from the transportation centre at Suvarnabhumi to Pattaya) and it does stop along the way, taking the non-highway route.

I'd definitely recommend using the Bell service which goes directly to the airport.

post-34982-1197975441_thumb.jpg

This is the bus service that the OP is talking about.

Here's a snap of their timetable that I took last year at their ticket booth at the North Pattaya Bus Station.

post-34982-1197975399_thumb.jpg

I've taken this service in the reverse direction (i.e. from the transportation centre at Suvarnabhumi to Pattaya) and it does stop along the way, taking the non-highway route.

I'd definitely recommend using the Bell service which goes directly to the airport.

post-34982-1197975441_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the info...however, I am confused. Are there 2 different bus services...one a "public" service and another one run by Bell Bus. Bell Bus (the direct service) is the one that leaves from the north Pattaya bus station? The time table posted at the station matches the one in the Bell bus brochure.

Thanks for the info...however, I am confused. Are there 2 different bus services...one a "public" service and another one run by Bell Bus. Bell Bus (the direct service) is the one that leaves from the north Pattaya bus station? The time table posted at the station matches the one in the Bell bus brochure.

They are 2 different bus services. The photo I took is a photo of the ticket booth you'll see on your left when you enter the bus station.

The Bell Bus service has a seperate office on the right side if you walk through the station.

They are 2 different bus services. The photo I took is a photo of the ticket booth you'll see on your left when you enter the bus station.

The Bell Bus service has a seperate office on the right side if you walk through the station.

OK...I get it now. But I just seems odd that both bus services would have a schedule that has 2 different airport bus services leaving from the same station at the same times of the day - as the window sticker departure times match those of the times on the Bell Bus brochure. TIT I guess.

I have seen the nice new looking Swampypoom airport busses a few times around town. They look really nice and comfortable. Saw the schedule at the North Pattaya bus station too...every couple hours basically from 6 in the morning till early evening. My question is: Does this bus go directly from Pattaya to the airport or does it make stops in other towns along the way (ie Sri Racha, Chonburi)? How long is the actual trip from door to door?

Jonnie, sorry to cloud what may have been (up to now) a clear image of the bus situation, but...

There is another bus service from Jomtien to Suvarnabhumi airport, and they use "nice new looking Swampypoom airport busses" -- bright yellow in color. The Bell Travel ones are a bit older, although still clean. The yellow Jomtien buses also serve a snack en route, I believe.

Bell Travel will pick you up from your hotel or condo in the Pattaya/Jomtien area included in the B150 fare, as well as mentioned above they will deliver you to your hotel or condo for the same B150.

I think the Jomtien bus service, which leaves from the Soi Chaiyapruek and Jomtien Beach Road intersection is B106, but you need to arrange your own transportation between that point and your condo/hotel.

I've used Bell Travel four times now, as recently as this afternoon, and can recommend them. Even though I live fairly close to the other yellow Jomtien bus station, getting there with luggage is a hassle compared to Bell Travel who pick me up from, and deliver me to, my condo building front door.

Both of these services -- the new yellow Jomtien bus, and the older North Pattaya Road station bus -- are nonstop to/from the airport.

• 8 months later...
An update on Bell Bus...Pattaya/Airport/Pattaya

Be aware that the bus may be full and you need a ticket in advance.

Be aware that the bus may be late waiting for passengers that have pre booked. The bus is now waiting to fill before leaving.

Happy Trails

:o

Yes, book a ticket the day before; it is a popular service. Recommended for just 150 Baht.

Jonnie, sorry to cloud what may have been (up to now) a clear image of the bus situation, but...

There is another bus service from Jomtien to Suvarnabhumi airport, and they use "nice new looking Swampypoom airport busses" -- bright yellow in color. The Bell Travel ones are a bit older, although still clean. The yellow Jomtien buses also serve a snack en route, I believe.

Bell Travel will pick you up from your hotel or condo in the Pattaya/Jomtien area included in the B150 fare, as well as mentioned above they will deliver you to your hotel or condo for the same B150.

I think the Jomtien bus service, which leaves from the Soi Chaiyapruek and Jomtien Beach Road intersection is B106, but you need to arrange your own transportation between that point and your condo/hotel.

I've used Bell Travel four times now, as recently as this afternoon, and can recommend them. Even though I live fairly close to the other yellow Jomtien bus station, getting there with luggage is a hassle compared to Bell Travel who pick me up from, and deliver me to, my condo building front door.

Both of these services -- the new yellow Jomtien bus, and the older North Pattaya Road station bus -- are nonstop to/from the airport.

i HAVE USED THE JOMTIEN YELLOW BUS MANY TIMES AND IT IS FIRST RATE....LEAVES ON TIME, CLEAN AND YOU GET A BUN AND A BOTTLE OF WATER TOO....WHAT DO YOU WANT FOR 106 BAHT...TIMINGS ARE A BIT RESTRICTING BUT HEY IVE GOT TIME !!

i HAVE USED THE JOMTIEN YELLOW BUS MANY TIMES AND IT IS FIRST RATE....LEAVES ON TIME, CLEAN AND YOU GET A BUN AND A BOTTLE OF WATER TOO....WHAT DO YOU WANT FOR 106 BAHT...TIMINGS ARE A BIT RESTRICTING BUT HEY IVE GOT TIME !!

The Big Yellow Bus from Jomtien to the airport is great. The cost is now up to 119 baht, however (as printed on the ticket) but I didn't get my 1 baht change back. You get a bun and water, though.

Leaves Pattaya for Airport:

9:00

13:00

16:00

19:30

Leaves Airport for Pattaya

6:30

9:00

13:00

17:00