Do You Know Rattan Furniture Manufactories With Thai Prices?

samlowry

Do you know rattan furniture manufactories with Thai prices? I know 1 manufactory and 1 shop on Thepprasit, who can make custom furnitures, but their prices too expensi

ve. 

They are not Thai on that road? Foreigners then. :o

Expensive? In relation to what............other Rattan shops?

I recently learned something about rattan. A friend of mine recently went to Tha Li for his visa. In Tha Li is a factory that makes rattan furniture. My friend was curious and wanted to know why the factory was out in the boonies. He was told that all the raw material comes from Laos and having the raw material just across the bridge was convenient. Now you know all I know about rattan furniture.

Do you know rattan furniture manufactories with Thai prices? I know 1 manufactory and 1 shop on Thepprasit, who can make custom furnitures, but their prices too expensi

ve.

They are not Thai on that road? Foreigners then. :o

Expensive? In relation to what............other Rattan shops?

Then buy something else!

Do you know rattan furniture manufactories with Thai prices? I know 1 manufactory and 1 shop on Thepprasit, who can make custom furnitures, but their prices too expensi

ve.

Custom furniture is expensive because it is unique. There are no jigs, no samples to follow, that is why it is custom made.

If you want cheap got the mass produced items that are easy to make. Rattan is just another material used in the process, it's cost is relatively low, but the design and fabrication side is where the cost are.

Custom furniture is expensive because it is unique. There are no jigs, no samples to follow, that is why it is custom made.

It's not about totally custom furniture. I showing a sample in manufactory and asking about some customisations - different sizes, colors, etc.

Rattan furniture is not a Thai thing anyway.

Half of modern Thai culture is not a Thai and so? Thai man power is cheap, I think, there are cheap manufactories somwhere behind Sukhumvit or on the Sukhumvit, on the way to neighbour cities.

v8tfcorty: thanks!

I like my furniture to be made by people who know how to make good furniture - this is not really a Thai thing so don't expect top quality.

I would differ with your opinion. twelve years ago a friend of mine furnished a restaurant with rattan furniture from Tha Li. Other than replacing the covers on the cushions the furniture is still in very good condition. They make furniture to order and have a catalog for you to choose from. The workmanship is great.