Putin's Russia

wineman

Country gone from "rags to riches" in only 8 years.

Censored Press. Censored TV. Censored Radio.

Showing strength of Arms.

10,000 in Russia Youth Movement.

No criticism tolerated.

The Russians idolize him.

Remind anyone of someone else in a different place in a different time?

No criticism tolerated.

There was a good article in Today's 21/12/2007 Wall Street Journal about Putin. Their assessment. Putin either never truly wanted democracy or got disenchanted by it, but the improvement in the Russian economy and Russian's position of prominence in the world is undeniable. He is definitely heavy handed, civil liberties have been eroded, enemies are scapegoated, jailed or killed. I suppose to wield power of that nature you have to be somewhat ruthless and can't please all the people all the time. That said I'd much rather live in Thailand than Russia.

No criticism tolerated.

There was a good article in Today's 21/12/2007 Wall Street Journal about Putin. Their assessment. Putin either never truly wanted democracy or got disenchanted by it, but the improvement in the Russian economy and Russian's position of prominence in the world is undeniable. He is definitely heavy handed, civil liberties have been eroded, enemies are scapegoated, jailed or killed. I suppose to wield power of that nature you have to be somewhat ruthless and can't please all the people all the time. That said I'd much rather live in Thailand than Russia.

Many people forget quickly about history. Putin will have to be confronted next week or next year. Another arrogant short man. God maybe will help us.

No criticism tolerated.

Many people forget quickly about history. Putin will have to be confronted next week or next year. Another arrogant short man. God maybe will help us.

But it's ok to be an arrogant tall man right?

sure! we farangs in Thailand really suffer under Putin. let us pray together! :o

No criticism tolerated.

But it's ok to be an arrogant tall man right?

worst of all... Putin is neither a Texican nor does he directly communicate with God :o