Scams - Be Warned

aguy30

Recent posts on another topic about phone cards mentioned an old scam that been here for a number of years and ccontinues today.

The Pattaya Tai Shell Station has been stealing money for years. I was there a few years ago to fill up, when I observed an older worker filling a motorcycle and not resetting the pump and before filling the next vehicle. He saw me and said "what you looking-you have some problem?" I sent e-mail to the Shell Oil Company Thailand. They did not respond. Maybe they don't care at Shell Oil Thailand.

Perhaps the gas station rip off can happen anywhere. The point is that is that happens on an apparently frequent basis at the Shell station located next to the CAT Telephone office on Pattaya South Road.

I only go there when I don't have another choice. Of course you are correct to say to get out and check the pump reading. My point is why buy from the thieves and then have to always distrust them and protect yourself. There are other places to get gas and I have never seen this rip off done at any other Pattaya gas station. I think most other stations have pumps that require resetting once the hose is returned and before an additional amount of gas can be pumped. I wonder if this feature has been disabled at Shell. What would a wise man do? Would he buy at Shell or find another vendor?

You also need to keep an eye on your belongings if you drive a pickup. My friend gassed up at the station next to Healthland on Nua - he had tools he was bringing home from his factory.

He filled up, got out to look and it was empty. The pieces of shit gave him the mai pen rai crap as they produced his stuff from the other side of the pump.

Edited by BaDSaM