Chinese Sports Bike!

apetley

Well the most sportive aspect of the bike might be the liters of sweat you lose when pushing the bike back to the garage.

Why considering those terribly finished Chinese built bikes, as Hondas and Yamahas are comparatively cheap in Thailand.

And I am sure, that my CBR150R is much superior quality wise compared with the "Kayak".

Forget about it!

Hey PeaceBlondie, I see what you mean about removing those decals; looks really good! I was trying to come-up with alternative colour schemes/designs for the CBR150 but just removing the usual flashy stickers neatens up the bike a lot. It's no good, I'm going to have to get one of these...

Edited by micksterbs

I believe the Yamaha Spark (which is a scooter) produces a bit more horsepower and it's only 135 cc's. Also, lately my nephew's been here in Pattaya and the two of us have been riding my Nouvo double. Together we slightly exceed the maximum load capacity of that so called Chinese sport bike. Surprisingly the Nouvo is doing quite nicely with our combined weight. Also, if one is to believe most of the figures I've seen on the Nouvo it is around 20 miles an hour faster than that "Chinese Sport bike" and it's just 115 cc's.

You mean the small capacity could keep up with something much bigger from the west?

LOL

Yes, the performance was excellent for short bursts but couldn't keep up for any sustained length of time.

Longterm maintainance costs were much higher than the equivalent Thai model.

A couple of days ago (Dec 26) the International Herald Tribune newspaper (iht) had an article on Chinese motorcycles: "Chinese goods transform life in Southeast Asia." It's on the web. It doesn't sound like the motorcycles are any good at all.

Coincidentally, we just took photos of my CBR150 without the decals. Surprisingly similar!

However, while the Chinese model isn't a Ford, maybe like a kayak, it can ford streams.....

Nice lookin bike Peace. No wonder you like the CBR150's . Looks like the bigger rides!

And I am sure a lot easier to find any parts for than THE YAK ATTACK. & probably aaah no on the streams except if real shallow. It would be I wish I would have spent the extra & had a proven trusty machine. One thing the Japanese are red hot is motor technology& transmissions & exhausts............... It sure is a good looking knockoff & it looks very similar. But to make it worse it seems out of all the countries Thailand gets China's rejects. Even the U.S. products from China last a lot longer. However I cant see a chance in hel_l of seeing this bike in the U.S. The competition is much greater & I am sure with the depressed dollar no one would consider saving a nickel & spending a dollar to cover the nickel :D

Beardog . Happy New Years all!!!!! :D:o

Edited by Beardog

You mean the small capacity could keep up with something much bigger from the west?

LOL

Yes, the performance was excellent for short bursts but couldn't keep up for any sustained length of time.

I think the most expensive is the Filipina model. Similar to the above but with bigger airbags, usually. Can be raucous when really pushing-on however.

LOL

I think the most expensive is the Filipina model. Similar to the above but with bigger airbags, usually. Can be raucous when really pushing-on however.

LOL

Sounds like an open pipe model.

Do they do a silenced version?

LOL

LOL

Sounds like an open pipe model.

Do they do a silenced version?

Unfortunately, the models made just before and just after mine had already been claimed so I was stuck with the unsilenced version. The ride was super-smooth and the handling was generally good. It did, however, have a strange tendency to perform a 180 degree turn whenever it suited itself and then carry-on as if nothing had happened. Importing it into the UK was a mistake as it never seemed to run as cleanly there. There was never a dull moment but abysmal economy forced me to abandon it.

The Chinese bike does look nice.... but.... It is not a Honda or Yamaha, or BMW. Those Chinese drill presses always look nice too, but in the final analysis they end being useful but clunky. I wonder if this bike might be the same.

Here's my CBR150 last week up in the mountains between Chiang Mai and Lampang.

post-498-1199195238_thumb.jpg

JK, I don't think that is mine! But... I have my suspicions of who it is! Mine is usually parked out front of Waan Wan Coffee on Suthep Road across from CMU for morning coffee and breakfast though. Another guy with a CBR150 is sometimes there as well, and our bikes are twins. Come on up! I'll be there tomorrow, Thursday around 8:30 AM. Would like to map out a ride west of San Patong for next week.

As small as CM is, if someone does by the Chinese Kayak, we can sure keep taps on 'em!

LOL

With the mileage on it, performance goes south but maintenance at least stays stable, if not increase. And looking for alternative spare parts does turn your life even more expensive, not talking about the risk of using alternative spare parts :o

LOL

With the mileage on it, performance goes south but maintenance at least stays stable, if not increase. And looking for alternative spare parts does turn your life even more expensive, not talking about the risk of using alternative spare parts :o

Actually, the performance was never a problem. In fact, it became very lively once properly run-in. The problem was the narrow power-band. It could be very embarassing around town and would foul its plugs at the drop of a hat.