Thai Visa Member Of The Year Award

Crow Boy

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is my last comment to this points and I think I've make my own position clear enough. And I thinks and believe that the system as it is is true and correct and the only one which will be as objective as possible.

Cheers.

Seeing as your not going to answer, i might as well not respond.......but i will :D

We have put people on the moon. NOTHING is impossible. It just may take some "thinking out of the box" and doesn't need to be complex.

All of that people involved was getting paid!!!! All Admin's, Mod's and Members of ThaiVisa do NOT getting paid!!!!

I think that's a big difference!!

I'm quite aware we ALL do it for free. Either that or i'm owed some back pay for almost 9,000 posts :o However, i think you're making quite a simple suggestion into what seems a mammoth task.

What length of time would it take to start a new topic. 1 minute, many of us start them regularly.

How long to count votes? Depends how many vote, i suppose but you are maybe expecting 53,000 members to vote. I would wagert that the "voting turn out" would be considerably lower than this and not take too long to count up.

If it then went to a poll. How long to set up a poll? 10 minutes max. Again many members set up polls, so why should this be any harder. The poll then does the work for everybody.

And on the end 98% of all of the votes want be objective because 98% of the members din't know that much about every Members as the Admin's and Mod's! And about the Footballer of the year is it that 100% of the voters know all the games played and all of the Players! That's even a big difference!

It's irrelevant whether the members who vote, are being objective or not. It would be upto them. How many people who vote in elections are actually well informed? Many usually vote for the person they like or their parents always voted that way etc.

And I doubt the footballers know all the games played. They vote for who they like and feel, that's the whole point, it's their preferance.

Cheers :D

Possibly what the guys may be alluding to is that....

The Mods pick....say.....10 candidates and then the members vote on those ten candidates....the one with the most votes gets the award.

But I dont have any grumbles with the current system

:o

After considerable thought, many a beer, some ribs and nachos the moderators and admin have reached a consensus. The following members have been recognised for their contributions to the Thai Visa forum and our members. Most of you will not know all of them but all of them have helped many of you.

They are:

Crossy

Sriracha John

gburns57au

Reimar

Firefox

DavidHouston

Scott

Lite Beer

BambinA is the Thai Visa Member of the Year but these people are very honourable runners up and deserve our congratulations. Each has been sent a PM and will be given a prize from the Thai Visa store.

CB

Some of these I know, some I do not, I guess it depends on the particular Fora you inhabit, those I know deserve the recognition and by association those I don't equally do too, I just guess you haven't come across Vinny very often.

Good Luck Guys

Moss

First at all congratulation to BambinA and all other contestents.
Not that I have any disagreement with the chosen prize recipients (I think they are all worthy for a mention, I know I have seen most of them being very helpful to other board members), how about having some input from the board members as well.

I do believe the systems as it is is ok! By an amount of more than 55,000 members it would be an kind adventure to choose a "Winner" and others! And I do believe that the Admin's and Mod's are the only persons which are able to choose from that bunch of members those members which should be honored a bit!

The system is fine & working well. :o

However, I think you may have missed my point that board members should have some input into a "board member of the year" award.

If that is the way admin want to go next year, I am sure the software could handle a voting function within a specified time period & also use additional parameters for weighting functions however admin sees fit.

Only a suggestion! :D

Cheers,

Soundman. :D

And a very good suggestion it is too - I agree because I made the same one myself CB's call for nominations from members :D

We got a couple and they were incorporated into the other members who got a honourable mention - Crossy and SrirachaJohn spring to mind.

What I would like to see for next year is that in about November we (the mods) open up a thread calling for nominations of the Members Choice of the Year. Members can either put up a nomination in the open forum or send a PM to a mod. When we get a group of members who are being nominated we can create a poll with the names and then each and every member can cast their vote.

There will then be the Thai Visa Member of the Year who will continue to be chosen by the Mod/Admin group and the People's Choice.

That seems fair to me and would also allow the members to voice their choice. We will need to work out some rules eg not allowing banned members to be nominated and any obvious troll activity such as a member with one post being nominated. Won't be too hard and the result will be interesting.

CB

This is getting better than the Oscars! Or Bollywood.Forgive me if I sound cynical but what's the point of having a Member of the Year?Agree that some members make terriffic contributions with invaluable advice but well better up the ante and offer more that a T-shirt as a prize.

After considerable thought, many a beer, some ribs and nachos the moderators and admin have reached a consensus. The following members have been recognised for their contributions to the Thai Visa forum and our members. Most of you will not know all of them but all of them have helped many of you.

They are:

Crossy

Sriracha John

gburns57au

Reimar

Firefox

DavidHouston

Scott

Lite Beer

BambinA is the Thai Visa Member of the Year but these people are very honourable runners up and deserve our congratulations. Each has been sent a PM and will be given a prize from the Thai Visa store.

CB

Some of these I know, some I do not, I guess it depends on the particular Fora you inhabit, those I know deserve the recognition and by association those I don't equally do too, I just guess you haven't come across Vinny very often.

Good Luck Guys

Moss

This is the interesting part - I quite honestly don't know nor have read anything from a couple of these people. They may be prolific in one subforum that I don't frequent. All the mods have their areas of choice and between us we cover the entire forum. It may interest some of the members to visit the profile for the winners and check out their postings and sub forum choices - you never know you may find a whole new area of interest. Irrespective of this is the simple fact - each of the winners including our very own BambinA has made positive contributions to the Thai Visa Community They have all got individual styles and interests but their postings are consistently interesting and informative. They help their fellow forum members and add value to the thread by their posts.

CB