Return Tickets For 60 Day Tourist Visa

Anyone apply through a thai consulate for a 60 day visa? I was checking out the requirements and it appears that a return ticket with a return date is required. I wanted to purchase a return ticked in BKK as I heard they are so much cheaper - also because I dont know when, within the 60 days, I want to return yet. Anyone with experience on this? Could this be an error on the thai consulate website (thaiconsulnewyork.com)???

I have never had to show a return ticket for a 60 day visa. If this is a new requirement it must have come in during the last 12 months. I buy my return in Thailand(currently 29,500Baht Emirates, BKK to London) as is cheaper .

Anyone apply through a thai consulate for a 60 day visa?  I was checking out the requirements and it appears that a return ticket with a return date is required.  I wanted to purchase a return ticked in BKK as I heard they are so much cheaper - also because I dont know when, within the 60 days, I want to return yet.  Anyone with experience on this?  Could this be an error on the thai consulate website (thaiconsulnewyork.com)???
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED

- Passport or travel document with validity not less than 6 months

- Visa application form completely filled out

- One recent( 4 x 6 cm.) photograph of the applicant

- Air ticket paid in full

- Financial means (20,000 Baht per person and 40,000 Baht per family)

- Consular officers reserve the rights to request for additional documents as deemed necessary

Above is the official requirement by MFA for TR-Visa.

Book your flight incl. return within 60 days and ask the tr-agent/airline for a print out. Submit this itenarary instead of the ticket. Should work.

Check general requireement in here:

http://www.thaiembdc.org/consular/visa/vis...%20Requirements

I usually get my visa at Cardiff Wales.

Just checked their website at

http://freespace.virgin.net/royalthai.consulate/visas.htm

They do not seem to require a return ticket. Maybe best to telephone consulate to be sure. But I don't believe that this is a new necessity.

They do state that you will need a ticket for arrival without a visa (30 days)

Check things out, but I will find out for myself next month as I only havrthe return leg back to Thailand booked

QUOTE (giacobazzi @ Tue 2004-09-07, 19:23:49)

Anyone apply through a thai consulate for a 60 day visa? I was checking out the requirements and it appears that a return ticket with a return date is required. I wanted to purchase a return ticked in BKK as I heard they are so much cheaper - also because I dont know when, within the 60 days, I want to return yet. Anyone with experience on this? Could this be an error on the thai consulate website (thaiconsulnewyork.com)???

DOCUMENTS REQUIRED

- Consular officers reserve the rights to request for additional documents as deemed necessary

Above is the official requirement by MFA for TR-Visa.

Book your flight incl. return within 60 days and ask the tr-agent/airline for a print out. Submit this itenarary instead of the ticket. Should work.

Check general requireement in here:

I checked at this site, but could not find the reference

DOCUMENTS REQUIRED

Are you sure that this does not apply to applications from certain nationalities?

Are you sure that this does not apply to applications from certain nationalities?

OK, let's clarify. giacobazzi asked on the requirement for a ticket.

Yes, Ministry of Foreign affair points this out as requirement for tourist visa:

http://www.mfa.go.th/web/12.php#Tourist

But then the D.C. website

leaves a door open:

Tourist visa.................. US $25.00 per entry for pleasure purpose only. (require copy airline ticket or itenery)

by saying ticket or itenerary. This is referring to consulates in the US.

Talk to them beforehand and submit the itenerary showing confirmed flights. (You can cancel them after having printed out).

@ loong. UK sometimes easier. Cardiff and Hull have been often mentioned as being more easy going.

But agree, in any case contact them beforehand, unfortunately, or fortunately, every consulate handles the requirements a bit different and you can talk to them.

yes agree that it must be they ask for different documents in America compared to UK.

As Cardiff/Hull do not ask for proof of tickets on the application form for visa and you can apply by post, can't see that they would return every application and ask for proof of flight booked.

Cheers

Loong