Water Wells

canopus1969

My pool man has just arranged for a team to come in and drill a well for me. I would recommend them as quick ( I day ) and efficient.

I chose the 2” surface mounted pump system as opposed to the 6” submerged pump. I counted the lengths of PVC and they went down 40m and water is good and ‘sweet’.

The total price is 45,000 Baht incl. pump.

Anyone interested phone Khun Bee (can speak English) 081 781 2719

I think the law in Thailand, is that most areas ban drilling wells? You can dig a 40 meter well, but not drill one without permission....... Please quote me if this is not the case!.. :o

Anyone can drill a well on their land, but, if it goes deeper than 30 metres, a licence must be applied for.

I think the law in Thailand, is that most areas ban drilling wells? You can dig a 40 meter well, but not drill one without permission....... Please quote me if this is not the case!.. :o

Anyone can drill a well on their land, but, if it goes deeper than 30 metres, a licence must be applied for.

Can you dig a 40 meter well, but not drill one without permission?

I don't think so. 30 metres seems to be the arbitrary depth that you have to get a licence.

If well-diggers tried to dig down 40 metres, they will probably die through lack of oxygen at that depth.

I don't think so. 30 metres seems to be the arbitrary depth that you have to get a licence.

If well-diggers tried to dig down 40 metres, they will probably die through lack of oxygen at that depth.

My well is 53m, like the original posters it was drilled - not dug.

Did you driller get you the necessary licence to keep you legal?

All wells that are deeper than 30 metres need this licence. Also, you have to report each month how many litres have been used to the water authority.

yep! and if the pump is imported a work permit is required and an annual tax return has to be filed. the law is however not clear whether the pump has to report to immigration every 90 days :o

:

All wells that are deeper than 30 metres need this licence. Also, you have to report each month how many litres have been used to the water authority.

yep! and if the pump is imported a work permit is required and an annual tax return has to be filed. the law is however not clear whether the pump has to report to immigration every 90 days :o

Nice One :D

But where is your driller OP? I am looking for one in Houyai, Chonburi.

:

Nice One :D

But where is your driller OP? I am looking for one in Houyai, Chonburi.

Oops - just read the OP title! Thanks, I'll give the guy a call.

:D

My pool man has just arranged for a team to come in and drill a well for me. I would recommend them as quick ( I day ) and efficient.

I chose the 2” surface mounted pump system as opposed to the 6” submerged pump. I counted the lengths of PVC and they went down 40m and water is good and ‘sweet’.

The total price is 45,000 Baht incl. pump.

Anyone interested phone Khun Bee (can speak English) 081 781 2719

here in Isan the going rate for a 40/45 metre bore + a very large automatic pump is just 14000bt. Work completed within 1 day.

Pattaya is expensive!

...and what effect is all this having on the water table?

None. you are not drawing water from the water table. My deep bore is 60 metres deep. The water table is at 11 metres. My water is coming from a rocky pocket, or, aquifer.

There are confined aquifers and unconfined aquifers.

A confined aquifer lies below a strata of non-porous material that has to be penetrated to access the water.

post-15852-1201527829_thumb.png

A non-confined aquifer is available to surface access and reaches to the level commonly known as the water table.

post-15852-1201527862_thumb.png

However a draw-down from a confined aquifer can affect the water table just as a non-confined aquifer.