For Usa Retired Expat Accessing Ssa.gov

vagabond48

Has anyone had problems accessing the SSA website? The message I get is "The server at ssa.gov is taking too long to respond."

I tried numerous times, at different times and days and I can't connect either at my GH and at another location, both with wireless and direct connect. I called a friend here in CM and he was able to connect with no problem so I went to a 3rd location, Computer City and was able to connect there. I am wondering if the 2 locations share the same ISP and they are having problems with the connection.

Anyone have any solutions to suggest?

Thanks

Just tried accessing ssa.gov and had no problem. I am in Cha Am and using TOT. When I was in Australia I found I could only access the website occasionally and thought perhaps my provider was blocking it for some reason. Never did get an answer when I checked with them.

Must say though when I have accessed the site they were not much assistance. When I asked a question they never really answered it. Just responded to something entirely unrelated.

Just tried accessing ssa.gov and had no problem. I am in Cha Am and using TOT. When I was in Australia I found I could only access the website occasionally and thought perhaps my provider was blocking it for some reason. Never did get an answer when I checked with them.

Must say though when I have accessed the site they were not much assistance. When I asked a question they never really answered it. Just responded to something entirely unrelated.

Although I have their SSA calculator, it only gives my future payments at current dollars. I use the site to get my future payments in estimated future dollars. I have been tracking this information for 5 years which I use to determine my future estimated income.

Thanks.

Although I have their SSA calculator, it only gives my future payments at current dollars. I use the site to get my future payments in estimated future dollars. I have been tracking this information for 5 years which I use to determine my future estimated income.

Thanks.

I have no idea what current/future dollars means but for people living in Thailand, Manila is the district office. Try manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3032.html (if TV will let this go thru) otherwise pm me and I can send you their address, phone and fax. Their info is also available thru ssa.gov

Isn't a dollar a dollar? Increases happen yearly with the COLA allowances but nobody can predict those, not even SSA.

Good luck.

Thanks.

I have no idea what current/future dollars means but for people living in Thailand, Manila is the district office. Try manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3032.html (if TV will let this go thru) otherwise pm me and I can send you their address, phone and fax. Their info is also available thru ssa.gov

Isn't a dollar a dollar? Increases happen yearly with the COLA allowances but nobody can predict those, not even SSA.

Good luck.

Their website displays your anticipated monthly payments either in today's dollars or inflated future dollars.