Jpeg Flaw In Windows

rss

hi'

yes, Linux has some update from time to time ...

we are thousands working on testing the potential bugs and security stuffs, as soon as being reported, there is always a fix vailable to download ...

time for reaction in Linux community is far faster than in windows and the fixes are efficients :D

nothing to say about windows, but the patches and updates are sometime a bit loose..

they are not working for a community of users, they work for their company :D

(meaning) profit first :o

cheers

francois

ps; the latest patches and bug-fixes for Linux are always available through their update software client, any distribution :D

just ckeck it over once a week ...

and list yourself to receive a news-letter.

Pay attention to the part in the Microsoft Security Bulletin (http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/ms04-028.mspx) under "Could I still be vulnerable even after I have installed all required security updates?"

It looks like if you have other image procesing software that comes with a digital camera or a scanner for exapmle, you may need to get an update from the manufacturer as well. Look for multiple copies of Gdiplus.dll which will give you a clue.

hi'

Missed the point:

The point being people seem to to jump on MS bugs quicker than flies on shit.

Linux bugs just don't seem to get the same publicity. Interesting...

did not mis this ...

just said that Linux users are a minority, and windows is about 90% of the planet's computer users ... this explain that :D

just look at your keyboard ... is there any Linux key on? :o

cheers

francois

hi'
Missed the point:

The point being people seem to to jump on MS bugs quicker than flies on shit.

Linux bugs just don't seem to get the same publicity. Interesting...

did not mis this ...

just said that Linux users are a minority, and windows is about 90% of the planet's computer users ... this explain that :D

just look at your keyboard ... is there any Linux key on? :o

cheers

francois

There seem to be a few linux users in this forum yet I've never seem anyone bitching about linux bugs... which are VERY much out there. Just the check linux security advisories.

hi'

There seem to be a few linux users in this forum yet I've never seem anyone bitching about linux bugs... which are VERY much out there. Just the check linux security advisories.

no need for bitching ... we always get the updates in time ...

and we always do so, we know that our favorite OS is still develloping ...

no one from Linux world would say, this OS is bug-free, we are aware of all this ...

may I say, we may like the challenge ...

and we did not pay a fortune to get an OS and some 1200 packages that come along :o

just a question ... if you had to pay the real price for all the software you run on your com, how much do you think you would have paid today using windows?

make the counting, and tell me ... (not the prices in Com plazza, and even here ... 100B + 100B + 100B + .....)

for Linux, if we like to pay for a pack, we spend at most 90$, and this include a load of programs, we never use them all, but we have all what we need to work :D

windows Xp .... how much just for the OS?

and how much more for programs ... if you are reasonnable ... far too expensive anyway.

"breaking news" Brasil turns his back to microsoft ... they go for GPL ... guess which one ? :D ... microsoft isn't happy and say it loudly!

after China, Germany and even France ( and I surely forget a lot others) ... the list grows :D

cheers

francois