Mughal Indian Restaurant

paul1970

Has anyone tried the Mughal Indian Restaurant on Soi Day and Night 1 ?

I saw a review of the restaurant in the latest edition of Pattaya Today which was quite encouraging especially as the reviewers described it as comfort food for us BRITS.

Hopefully this will be the holy grail in finding an Indian that resembles British Indian food, unfortunately it will be a while before I give it a shot as a 2 week holiday back in the homeland resulted in a 2 week binge of takeaways and bitter which meant 2 stone (28 lbs to our American friends and about 13Kg to our European friends or wuan mak gwaur to my thai gf 555) extra baggage coming home.

So unfortunately the excess baggage has to be lost before I try it. Hopefully someone else will give it a go in the meantime.

I looked at the menu. There were no customers and the menu was filled with the same old bad Indian food in Thailand cliches, so I walked out. I would be shocked if this turns out to be an exceptional Indian restaurant. Reviews in local rags are worse than meaningless. All they do are puff pieces. If this place is serviceable, consider yourself lucky. BTW, this is not a pleasant restaurant. Sometimes dives have the best food. Usually, they are just dives.

Edited by Jingthing

The best Indian in Pattaya is the frozen stuff in Tescos. Miles better than any of the crap pretending to be even edible indian restaurants in Pattaya.

Thats news to me! What do you recommend there?

B,

There is not a great selection. The chicken ticka is not to my taste and neither are the prawns but the other chicken dish in sauce, the biryani and the mutton rogan josh are good. nan breads great, just cut in half and in the toaster. The dishes come with different rices and are about 5 minutes in the nuclear oven. Bt149 each.

Trouble is they tend to run out fast though south Pattaya Tesco had some today :o

The best Indian in Pattaya is the frozen stuff in Tescos. Miles better than any of the crap pretending to be even edible indian restaurants in Pattaya.

B,

There is not a great selection. The chicken ticka is not to my taste and neither are the prawns but the other chicken dish in sauce, the biryani and the mutton rogan josh are good. nan breads great, just cut in half and in the toaster. The dishes come with different rices and are about 5 minutes in the nuclear oven. Bt149 each.

Trouble is they tend to run out fast though south Pattaya Tesco had some today :o

Ty for this info. I will get some in!

Actually I have found that the little Indian next to the Hideaway to provide very good Ch Tikka and Bombay Potato etc.

I think the best Ive had in Pattaya esp for the money!

B

B,

Actually I have found that the little Indian next to the Hideaway to provide very good Ch Tikka and Bombay Potato etc.

B

Where is the Hideaway ?

B,

B

Where is the Hideaway ?

In Jomtien Complex