Songthaews In Koh Phangan

girlx

i recently took a songthaew from phangan animal care in ban tai to the stoplight in thongsala and they charged 50b saying it was a flat rate no matter how far you go. is this correct? thinking of moving to ban tai and 50b tips can add up.

Count yourself lucky, most people are getting charged 100 baht to go to Ban Kai from Thong Sala.

Yep - Had Rin to BT 7/11 I have never got cheaper than 100. They are really rude unpleasant drivers as well. Apart from the ones I know who are lovely, but never seem to be there when I need them. Tried speaking Thai, telling them I know how much it is, reporting them etc etc. Now I just rent a bike from Ban Tai/Tong Sala for 200b if I am going, or take a bike from TNP. Can't bear being ripped off.

Girlx if my memory serves me right you have a push bike yeah? Ban Tai - Tong Sala is about the most rideable push bike road on the island I would have thought - and you will get a great ass!!

Count yourself lucky, most people are getting charged 100 baht to go to Ban Kai from Thong Sala.

really? i thought it was supposed to have changed to 50b from thongsala to had rin years ago!

Umm.. yes, it was 50 baht for years. It has been 100 for a few months. Some songtaew drivers are willing to negotiate, many are not. Most of the songtaew drivers along the Thong Sala-Hadrin route are not local Koh Phangan people but are working for a mainland company from whom they rent their trucks.

At the pier in Thong Sala is a number to report rip-off taxi drivers but from the sounds of mssabai's report, that doesn't necessarily work.