Thailand - Cambodia Visas

Hi ya

i'm an Indian national, 29 years old.

I can get the 14 days visa on arrival at Bangkok airport. Then I plan to be around there in southern islands and then I plan to cross over to Cambodia by road.

I understand that u can get the cambodian visa at the border post. So if i fly in to bangkok can i exit after 14 days to cambodia by land? is there any problems?

And after travelling around cambodia for a 1 -2 weeks can i get back to the border post by land and get another 14 days visa on arrival from the thai border checkpoint in the thai - cambodia border? And then i fly out of bangkok after a couple of days more.

Cheers

mad

I understand that u can get the cambodian visa at the border post. So if i fly in to bangkok can i exit after 14 days to cambodia by land? is there any problems?

yes, you can get a visa for cambodia at the border

And after travelling around cambodia for a 1 -2 weeks can i get back to the border post by land and get another 14 days visa on arrival from the thai border checkpoint in the thai - cambodia border?  And then i fly out of bangkok after a couple of days more.

yes and yes

TEMPORARY TOURIST VISA : VISA ON ARRIVAL

- According to the Interior Ministerial Announcements, passport holders from 14 countries may apply for visas at the immigration checkpoints for the purpose of tourism for the period of not exceeding 15 days.

- The applicant must possess instrument of means of living expenses 10,000 Baht per person and 20,000 Baht per family accordingly.

- The applicant must produce instrument of means of transport (full paid ticket) which is usable within 15 days since the date of entry.

- Visa on arrival is provided at 23 designated international checkpoints and applicants should produce the application form to which his/her recent photograph (2 ½ inches) is attached. The application fee is 1,000 Baht.

- Visitors who enter the Kingdom with Visa on Arrival generally cannot file an application for extension of stay except in special cases such as illness which prevents them from travelling, etc. They can submit an application at the Office of Immigration Bureau , Immigration Division 1, Soi Suan Plu, South Sathorn Road, Bangkok 10120. Tel. (662) 287-3127 or 287-3101-10 ext. 2264-5 or at website http://www.police.go.th/frconten.htm

• List of 14 countries are as follow :

1. Bhutan : Kingdom of Bhutan

2. China : People’s Republic of China (including Taiwan)

3. Cyprus : Republic of Cyprus

4. Czech : Czech Republic

5. Hungary : Republic of Hungary

6. India : Republic of India

7. Kazakhstan : Republic of Kazakhstan

8. Maldives : Republic of Maldives

9. Mauritius : Republic of Mauritius

10. Oman : Sultanate of Oman

11. Poland : Republic of Poland

12. Russian Federation

13. Saudi Arabia : Kingdom of Saudi Arabia

14. Ukraine

• List of Thailand’s Immigration Checkpoints which provides facilities for issuance of visa on arrival are as follow :

1. Don Muang International Airport , Bangkok

2. Chiangmai International Airport , Chiangmai

3. Phuket International Airport , Phuket

4. Hatyai International Airport , Songkla

5. U Tapao Airport , Rayong

6. Mae Sai Immigration Checkpoint , Chiengrai

7. Chieng Saen Immigration Checkpoint , Chiengrai

8. Chieng Khong Immigration Checkpoint , Chiengrai

9. Betong Immigration Checkpoint , Yala

10. Sadoa Immigration Checkpoint , Songkla

11. Samui Airport , Surat Thani

12. Sukhothai International Airport, Tak Immigration Checkpoint

13. Bangkok Harbour Immigration Checkpoint, Bangkok

14. Sri Racha Immigration Checkpoint , Chonburi

15. Mabtaput Immigration Checkpoint , Rayong

16. Nong Khai Immigration Checkpoint, Nong Khai

17. Samui Immigration Checkpoint , Surat Thani

18. Phuket Immigration Checkpoint , Phuket

19. Satun Immigration Checkpoint , Satun

20. Krabi Immigration Checkpoint , Krabi

21. Songkhla Harbour Immigraion Checkpoint , Songkhla

22. Chiangrai Airport Immigration Checkpoint, Chiangrai

23. Surat Thani Airport Immigration Checkpoint , Surat Thani

Huski .......Ken is correct...........you/ll see from the above extract from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs website there is no border crossing with Cambodia that can issue the visa on arrival..........To the original poster you have 2 choices either after visiting Cambodia fly back into Bangkok from Phnom Phen to obtain the visa on arrival............or obtain a double entry tourist visa from the Thai Embassy in India before you leave, in which case you will be able to come back to Thailand overland from Cambodia.

Also is it easy for Indians to get a Cambodian Visa?

Cambodian Embassy in New Delhi, India

Embassy of Cambodia in New Delhi, India

N-14 Panscheel Park,

New Delhi

Phone: 9111 649 5091/92

Fax: 9111 649 5093

Email: [email protected]

---

Might be a good idea to give them a call and see about getting the Cambodian visa in place before leaving as well.

This might help a bit:

VISA NOTE & FEES

Tourist

The applicant should have a passport valid for at least six months from the date of application; three visa forms (photocopy allowed); three passport-sized photographs; confirmed onward/ return air ticket and proof of sufficient funds. The validity of the visa is one month with one-month stay allowed. Processing time is 5 working days. Visa fee for single entry is INR 750. For express service (next day delivery of visa) an additional fee of INR 200 is levied.

Business

The documentation required is the same as for a tourist visa. In addition, business correspondence/ letter of invitation from Cambodia and a covering letter from the Indian company giving business details are needed. Processing time is 5 working days. Validity can be till six months with multiple entry in some cases. Visa fee INR 950.

Transit

Documentation is the same as tourist; in addition confirmed, onward ticket and onward visa is mandatory. Although it is possible to obtain the transit visa on arrival, it is recommended that this visa be obtained prior to departure from india. Validity of visa is 30 days, stay allowed is 72 hrs.

Visa fee INR 750.

Seamen

A A visa is required. Indian seamen travelling on duty must hold Letter of Guarantee from the shipping company with seamen book.

Visa fee INR 750.

RECIPROCAL VISA

1. A visa is required.Cambodian nationals may apply for the visa at the Indian Mission at Phnom Penh.

Although this link seems to give conflicting info on the above:

http://www.cambodia-travel.com/information/cambodia-visa.htm

Edited by kenkannif