Biometric Passport In Cm

yorkieb

Dear CM forum

My wife needs a new passport and is planning to travel to CM (from CR) to the local passport office. We have heard some rumors that as these are the new e-passports there are some delays. The authoritys website says 5-7 days but we have heard of over 10days.

Has anyone getting a new passport here experience this recently.

Thanks in advance

Yorkieb

You don't mention what nationality you are. I had my UK passport renewed about 6 months ago and it took 3 weeks using the "so called" services of the British Consulate in CM.

The price was about 30% more than what you would pay in the UK, not cheap. British Consulate is obviously learning from the Thais on how to exploit "farang" in Thailand>

Edited by Thaihog

You don't mention what nationality you are. I had my UK passport renewed about 6 months ago and it took 3 weeks using the "so called" services of the British Consulate in CM.

The price was about 30% more than what you would pay in the UK, not cheap. British Consulate is obviously learning from the Thais on how to exploit "farang" in Thailand>

My wife is Thai, looking to renew her Thai passport.

Thanks

Still cheaper than having to go down to Bangkok though. :o

Recently renewing my wife's UK-passport, her photos were a bit too small, but thanks to the helpful Thai staff at the CM-consulate, I was able to pop round the corner & get an enlarged-picture, thus avoiding any hassle.