I'm Having Difficulty Accessing Tv.

chownah

For the last few days...maybe a week....I'm having trouble accessing TV....really slow connection speeds...lots of 'cannot find server' screens.....also bad formatting once a window does open on about half of my attempts.

I'm wondering if TV is having server problems or if I should look elsewhere for the problem.

Chownah

For the last few days...maybe a week....I'm having trouble accessing TV....really slow connection speeds...lots of 'cannot find server' screens.....also bad formatting once a window does open on about half of my attempts. I'm wondering if TV is having server problems or if I should look elsewhere for the problem. Chownah

Having exactly the same problems Chownah......never happened before but for last 3-4 days all of the above issues. Thought it was a TV server problem but in view of other posts maybe not. Will follow this thread (if able to access!!) for hopefully a solution.

I changed to opendns and it might have improved the situation but it did not fix it. I try to make changes to my computer one at at time and then wait awhile so that I can evaluate its effect over a day or two before implementing another change. I'll probably try something else (delete cookies?) later today or tomorrow and then hopefully get back with the results.

Chownah

I changed to opendns and it might have improved the situation but it did not fix it. I try to make changes to my computer one at at time and then wait awhile so that I can evaluate its effect over a day or two before implementing another change. I'll probably try something else (delete cookies?) later today or tomorrow and then hopefully get back with the results.

Chownah

Performance improved but is still very eratic. Fast for a few seconds & then at a slow walk for the next ten or fifteen seconds.

Edit: Maybe somebody within Thailand could post dns numbers they are getting good performance with?

Edited by soundman

Several of us have had extreme difficulty since the Middle East cable cut. Weekday evening after about 6 PM and all weekend have been slow to unusable. We have had multi hours without being able to download a complete page. This has been using TRUE here in Bangkok. And in general is more apparent on TV than on other sites. Others have not reported the problems until now. Today TRUE is not too bad (much better than last weekend) so perhaps others are due to suffer. Sorry.

The change in DNS does not seem to offer a solution but Open DNS of 208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220 does seem to resolve faster when circuit is usable.

I deleted my cookies yesterday and got immediate relief. My access was very good pretty much all day today....I would say approximately back to normal on a mediocre to slow internet access day. I did notice that I had a difficult time replying in threads and ended up losing alot of text...now I copy all of my replies before sending them and have had to re-submit probably 8 or 10 replies....this is much much worse than usual. Just this evening it seems to be getting rough again but it could just be dsl overload....I'll see how it is tomorrow.

Chownah