Hey Handsome Man

TheDon

Ok, I have a few elder farang friends in Thailand (all overweight and bald) and know one who has just moved back to Australia who is in his 40's (just bald).

The thing I have noticed is that (not all) most of them are ugly as fuc_k and I think the Thai girls (pattaya) who have been calling them handsome man for such a long time, that they are actually starting to believe it.

Last time I was there (a few months ago) I was paying them out (we always tease eachother) and saying they couldnt get a real Thai girl because your fat and ugly. (I hope i dont offend anyone here)

The response they would come back with is, No they like me because they think I look like a movie star, or no they look good for there age and Thai girls like older men etc etc.

The guy who just moved back to Australia thinks he is a stud also, we go out drinking here in Sydney every fridays without fail, he tries so hard to pick up the young asian girls but always gets rejected hard, I mean sometimes im pissing myself laughing because the reaction from some of the girls is priceless.

I mean he is a great bloke and a good friend but looks like a walrus. He has been constantly been told when he was in Thailand he looks handsome that he started to believe it..

My question is, is this a common thing with older western blokes? I mean I have even seen in here that some older people actually think they look good to Thai girls and attract them because they think they look handsome.

:o

Please dont get offended by this post, its just all in fun. Im sure I will think im still a 10 in 20 plus years also

Ok, I have a few elder farang friends in Thailand (all overweight and bald) and know one who has just moved back to Australia who is in his 40's (just bald).

The thing I have noticed is that (not all) most of them are ugly as fuc_k and I think the Thai girls (pattaya) who have been calling them handsome man for such a long time, that they are actually starting to believe it.

Last time I was there (a few months ago) I was paying them out (we always tease eachother) and saying they couldnt get a real Thai girl because your fat and ugly. (I hope i dont offend anyone here)

The response they would come back with is, No they like me because they think I look like a movie star, or no they look good for there age and Thai girls like older men etc etc.

The guy who just moved back to Australia thinks he is a stud also, we go out drinking here in Sydney every fridays without fail, he tries so hard to pick up the young asian girls but always gets rejected hard, I mean sometimes im pissing myself laughing because the reaction from some of the girls is priceless.

I mean he is a great bloke and a good friend but looks like a walrus. He has been constantly been told when he was in Thailand he looks handsome that he started to believe it..

My question is, is this a common thing with older western blokes? I mean I have even seen in here that some older people actually think they look good to Thai girls and attract them because they think they look handsome.

Please dont get offended by this post, its just all in fun. Im sure I will think im still a 10 in 20 plus years also

Lots of guys(young,old,ugly,handsome) probably think they are being called "Darling" , when in actual fact they are being called "Na Ling" (Monkey Face)

Lots of guys(young,old,ugly,handsome) probably think they are being called "Darling" , when in actual fact they are being called "Na Ling" (Monkey Face)

Or the other favourite "dahk-ling" (Monkey's A**hole) :D

:D

Or the other favourite "dahk-ling" (Monkey's A**hole) :D

:o really I didnt know that, next time in Thailand I am going to try and listen very carefully

When i first moved to Thailand I worked with a guy who had lived here for a while. He had bulging eyes, the body of a wire coat hanger and semi transparent skin. I think most girls were physically repulsed when he was letching over them. But the sort of places he would frequent in his social hours meant that he was frequently getting told how handsome he was and he believed it 100%

I have 2 bathrooms, both with mirrors and my bedroom has 3 mirrors in it. Unfortunately i happen to see myself in them far too often. None of the mirrors lie and they all tell me i'm ugly, (hence the avatar of my son, not me). It always makes me smile when a thai girl tells me i'm handsome as i instantly wonder why they are telling me, (i get it when i am out with the wife and baby more often than any other time). They also get a little confused when i reply to their flattery by asking if they are blind or drunk.

Another thing that goes with this 'handsum man' is girls telling you that you look ten years younger than you actually are.

This can be cured by simply offering them Bt500 to correctly guess your age - it is amazing how accurate they suddenly become.

However one side effect of this 'pak waan' is that half the farang I know go around telling people they are actually ten years younger then they actually are. One guy I know has been lying to his girlfriend about his age for 5 years. He even told her he lied on his passport - saying he was older than he actually was - to ease his visa application.

they like me because they think I look like a movie star.

Im sure I will think im still a 10 in 20 plus years also

I think even those with movie star looks will become fat, ugly and bald when they get old, TheDon.

The only possible exception is a former poster whose good looks were legendary - the one and only DONZ! :o

so guys get some confidence from the pak wans

guess what is on the list of most what girls want......a confident man

probably didn't know that hey don?

Me not know that?? But some times confidence doesnt mean for much, my mate here in sydney has a world of confidence and tries all the time trying to pick up young asians here, he has got more balls then alot of my mates, he does get rejected about 4 or 5 times every friday, he just came back in November 07. I guess there is 40 odd weeks left this year so he is bound to get one.

But I would say my mate who just came from Thailand is way too confident and goes for girls way out of his league. But hey time will tell if he proves me wrong

they like me because they think I look like a movie star.

Im sure I will think im still a 10 in 20 plus years also

I think even those with movie star looks will become fat, ugly and bald when they get old, TheDon.

The only possible exception is a former poster whose good looks were legendary - the one and only DONZ! :o

Hey, I used to read his posts, but im not him. He was a great poster though

Ever since I hit the tarmac at Don Muang five years ago, I've enjoyed rock-star status. Of course, I'm one of the few 60-ish bald/fat exceptions who really do match the handsome descriptions from those sweet B/G's! :D ...and lady boys* :o

*...all of whom seem strangely transfixed by my gold Rolex, and 1 karat sapphire ring...

Edited by toptuan

That's all part of the fun, no? Of course they are just throwing out there"handsome man!! Hey over here !!" because that is their job to get you in there to buy some lady drinks. If you take that seriously you are a fool.........it's really "hey handsome wallet!".

But this still beats back home where it's opposite, you offer to buy a lady a drink and she gets all ruffled... "are you hitting on me!"

That's all part of the fun, no? Of course they are just throwing out there"handsome man!! Hey over here !!" because that is their job to get you in there to buy some lady drinks. If you take that seriously you are a fool.........it's really "hey handsome wallet!".

But this still beats back home where it's opposite, you offer to buy a lady a drink and she gets all ruffled... "are you hitting on me!"

Hey its all in fun, Its just that before my mate went to Thailand he was shy with girls, but now, he goes up to them like they are lucky he is in there presence, its quite funny and I say good on him, I just wish he picks up soon.

The Don is feeling insecure this morning, be nice to him.

He's got this thing about older, fatter, balder men getting off with young women. (Ex girlfriend ran off with his dad some time past? Who knows.... when I was his age I was too busy squeezing zits to worry about what old guys are up to).

Maybe not handsome, but smart I hope, smart enough to know it just about baht and someone(old fool/young/fool or who ever) to take care of them. One young pretty thing in our village ask the wife of a farang to help her find an old fat farang, reason is simple,"her words somebody take care me, me no have to make love to much hole hurt" all power to you young lady. :D:D:o

The Don is feeling insecure this morning, be nice to him.

He's got this thing about older, fatter, balder men getting off with young women. (Ex girlfriend ran off with his dad some time past? Who knows.... when I was his age I was too busy squeezing zits to worry about what old guys are up to).

Relax, im poking alittle fun. I have nothing to feel insecure about mate, i got a lovely wife already, but thanks for looking out for me.

Maybe not handsome, but smart I hope, smart enough to know it just about baht and someone(old fool/young/fool or who ever) to take care of them. One young pretty thing in our village ask the wife of a farang to help her find an old fat farang, reason is simple,"her words somebody take care me, me no have to make love to much hole hurt" all power to you young lady. :D:D:o

She sounds just the sort of sophisticated lady that every farang would like to get married to.

I have lived here for 15 years and while I dont hold Thai girls in the highest regards, I do think that they come a bit higher than that. Often when I hear such things I think it is weird that farangs get upset by fat ugly farangs but at the same time simply want a hole to shag. I cant quite believe ANY farang is that shallow....

"me no have to make love to much hole hurt" is one of the sorriest excuses for a relationship I have ever heard anywhere.

Sort of like when my mom told me I was the smartest kid in my graduating class. Come on, wake up and smell the coffee. Every night when I'm enjoying a late night dinner and watching the parade pass me by near my Soi, I'm amazed at the number of men who, for the most part, are uglier than a bushel basket of a**holes, stroll by with a young, beautiful, and thin Thai girl on their arm, and with a smile on their face you could not slap off if you tried! :D

I'm not an old, bald, or obese, but last time I was at Nana I overheard some of the girls talking amongst themselves and one said I was 'narak tii sut.' There wasn't much competition, but still was nice to hear since she didn't know I can speak Thai.

He has been constantly been told when he was in Thailand he looks handsome that he started to believe it..

I never believed it even when I was young and fit. Now that I'm old and really fat, I take it as the gentle sarcasm that it is, but I don't really mind. It is better than being called a lecherous, fat, old fart! :o

Not just older western men... I'm sure there are young and middle aged western men that think the same way... A few years back, there was a co-worker of mine, he was about 35 years old.. He would go to Thailand and the Philippines and would come back with stories of the women that love him and can't live without him type stories.. This dude had yellow rat looking teeth, no chin, bald, and just physically sick looking..

He thought he was God's gift to the world.. He must have heard the sexy man - handsome man comment so many times that he became brain washed and actually believed it.. He was so stuck on himself, that he'd put the photo's of the women he met and save them as the background on his computer, then would make sure everyone knew that these were all his girlfriends..

I'd have thoughts of these poor girls that actually had sex with him, they must have really wanted that money to look at that ugly ass face of his.. I'm sure these girls he met would have preferred an overweight man that was halfway decent looking vice some dude that look like he was beat with an ugly stick..

Anyway.. There is this one bar on Soi 6 I was sitting at having a beer... This one BG sitting outside near me yelled out "hey sexy man" the guy was pretty much as you described your friend... I asked her, do you really like that guy, she said no, but no cutomer...

Edited by neion2000